How Do Skaters React to their Cultural Differences? | Golden Skate

How Do Skaters React to their Cultural Differences?

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
(Thread inspired by Gio, Medusa, and Mathman...so go thank them =P)

A recent discussion about how conservative Italians are compared to Americans (and vice versa, depending on opinion) sparked a really interesting discussion about culture, and how Americans view Europeans as more open, and it turned out (according to Medusa), that Europeans view Americans in the same way.

I wonder (I know we can't get into skaters' heads, so we'll most likely never know the answer) how skaters deal with this. How would Brian Joubert react if Alisa Czisny had given him prolonged eye contact? How do Mao and Miki feel about how open Johnny is?

The skaters we've come to enjoy come from such different backgrounds, that it's interesting to see how they react to one another's cultures, and cultural idiosyncracies...

Medusa

Record Breaker
A recent discussion about how conservative Italians are compared to Americans (and vice versa, depending on opinion) sparked a really interesting discussion about culture, and how Americans view Europeans as more open, and it turned out (according to Medusa), that Europeans view Americans in the same way.

I didn't say that. Someone else did. I actually believe that overall it's more liberal in Europe. I was the one who told those little anecdotes about my trips to Eastern Europe and France.

PS: can we just get the old threat back?