Evan and Tanith | Golden Skate

Evan and Tanith

lcd

Match Penalty
Can't imagine it would be easy to keep a relationship going with such distances involved

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I feel so sorry for Tanith. She certainly had a rough year and worlds was really hard for her. No wonder the idots running NBC didn't keep showing her in the audince while Evan skated.

Marine63

Rinkside
Evan's Interview

Evan mentioned that there was one more competition coming up in 3 weeks. Does anyone know what this competition is?

heyang

Record Breaker
I hardly expected them to get married. They are both so young.

When they started dating, they got to tour together - probably one of the reasons they even started dating is because they were able to spend time together and get to know each other. No more COI - so, probably no opportunity to tour together this summer.

Also, with next year being the Olympics, they both need to stay put and train.

I'm sure long distance and youth led them to decide to break up.

I believe that it was mentioned somewhere that Tanith plans to move out to LA after the Olympics. This could happen with or without a relationship with Evan - perhaps she wants to look into modeling or acting when skating is done.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
BTW, who else can't believe that somebody on a major news network was talking like a high-school girl about his girlfriend? how unprofessional!

bekalc

Record Breaker
I'm not surprised they broke up...It's way to difficult to have a long distance relationship... They are both attractive people too and eventually it's why are we doing this?

Maybe if they ever end up living in the same town/area they will start things up again.

ks777

Record Breaker
My prediction is Tanith will eventually be with Ben. They spend so much time together, why not!

Last edited by a moderator:

gold12345

Medalist
My prediction is Tanith will eventually be with Ben. They spend so much time together, why not!

Aw, I love skating couples who become an off ice couple too. But if I recall correctly, Ben lives with his long-time girlfriend. I feel like they've been together forever, many many years now, but maybe I'm wrong.

As for Evan and Tanith, I never really understood that one. And they do live on opposites sides of the country. So this isn't surprising at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Aw, I love skating couples who become an off ice couple too. But if I recall correctly, Ben lives with his long-time girlfriend. I feel like they've been together forever, many many years now, but maybe I'm wrong.

As for Evan and Tanith, I never really understood that one. And they do live on opposites sides of the country. So this isn't surprising at all.

yeah, Ben has been together with his girlfriend for a few years now:love:

As for Tanith and Evan, they are both very busy, too much so for a real dating life anyway, so having sombody to talk on the phone to when you are tried and be with on tour is I am sure all they could handle. I agree that the breakup probably has more to do with the olympic season than anything else. If Tanith has other incentives to move to LA after 2010, they could get back together then.

Long distance can work. My cousin and and his girlfriend went to college 2,000 miles apart but they stayed together for 3 years and got married afterward! :love:

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I agree that the breakup probably has more to do with the olympic season than anything else. If Tanith has other incentives to move to LA after 2010, they could get back together then.

Yes, I think so, too. The olympic season is approaching and distractions are not going to help as they both are preparing for the Olympics.

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
BTW, who else can't believe that somebody on a major news network was talking like a high-school girl about his girlfriend? how unprofessional!

I gave up on getting the site to load with my slow dialup connection. Do tell, what gave you this impression? Thanks --

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker

Yes she did sound very giggly, maybe she was a fan of Evan's and was starstruck..lol

I gave up on getting the site to load with my slow dialup connection. Do tell, what gave you this impression? Thanks --

Paraphrasing here-The interviewer was a female and the first thing she said to Evan was I just got off the phone with my husband and he said Evan isn't he the one with the hot girlfriend and Evan replies actually we broke up, then the interviewer says she is sorry, then Evan says that she was hot. .

LaLola

On the Ice
I'm sorry for Tanith and Evan and I wonder when they actually broke up?

Since I became a Tanith&Ben fan, I always thought what a nice off-the-ice couple they would be. I don't know if this will ever happen - dreaming is allowed though...;)

efreedman

On the Ice
Ben's Girlfriend

Her name is Merrie Parr, I believe and if I remember correctly, she is a former skater. Didn't you guys see that he said, "Merrie, I love you!" in the Kiss and Cry?

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Her name is Merrie Parr, I believe and if I remember correctly, she is a former skater. Didn't you guys see that he said, "Merrie, I love you!" in the Kiss and Cry?

awww. so cute.:love: I am jealous of that girl right now.

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
^Thanks, that interviewer does indeed sound silly.

Tiny, I could also be a little jealous of Merrie if I let myself -- I really admire Ben! I've always liked Ben's attitude about competing. He can be a little silly and hammy sometimes, but he always seems so supportive toward Tanith and positive in general when they are getting ready to go on the ice. And he really does seem to balance "real life" and skating well. I read a blog or something of his one time, or maybe it was a description in a piece that came out in the flurry of articles that appeared after they first moved to Linichuk, where Ben talked about going home after practice one day and water pipes had burst at his house and etc. He's also mentioned his dogs, and I love anyone who loves their pets! Just made him seem very down-to-earth, taking care of domestic things while still being a world-class athlete.