Is Yu-Na more similar to Katarina rather than Michelle? | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Is Yu-Na more similar to Katarina rather than Michelle?

janetfan

Match Penalty
How can you judge individual quality, skill, and talent when the programs are uneven, sloppy, and littered with falls?
As for my boring statement - hmmm... maybe I should develop a drinking game for each mistake to make it more fun... one shot for under rotation. two shots for a fall. three shots for a win with a fall... (yep, not boring anymore...)

May I join you......for the drinking game ;) But what major hangover potential I see in this game :laugh:

seniorita

Record Breaker
I couldn't believe that either. If Miki's stetch is the best, then there's really no skater in the world with bad posture. :laugh:
Well what do i know, i m a plushy fan:p
From the top skaters I dont like rochette's posture to be honest. I like her speed and power though.
one shot for under rotation. two shots for a fall. three shots for a win with a fall...
cool game, i ll apply it in men's comps :p

shine

Record Breaker
That's somewhat strange. Because Plushenko actually has really good posture. :)

shine

Record Breaker
YAWN......

This is really a tired statement.

There are so many skaters out there with as bad or worse posture than Miki. Both current and retired. And some of their postures REALLY bother me. But I will refrain from naming names.
Actually, I really can't think of that many ladies with worse posture. Do you mind listing some of the names out?

DragonPhoenix

On the Ice
Actually, I really can't think of that many ladies with worse posture.

I can think of 5 right off the top of my head.

Do you mind listing some of the names out?

Yes. Why ? First of all, all this kind of thing does is to bring about negative feelings by fans of those skaters.

Second, because I will not stoop to the mean-spiritedness of your earlier post.

Wrlmy

Medalist
Well what do i know, i m a plushy fan:p
From the top skaters I dont like rochette's posture to be honest. I like her speed and power though.

cool game, i ll apply it in men's comps :p

I always thought Joannie has lovely posture. I actually think her, Mao, and Laura have some of the best posture among current ladies. But then again, what do I know?:laugh:

seniorita

Record Breaker
I have no idea how posture is measured, at the end is if you like the lines of the skater maybe, irina didnt have good posture but was one of my fav skaters, when i think of posture in ladies i tend to compare anyone with kwan.

shine

Record Breaker
I can think of 5 right off the top of my head.

Yes. Why ? First of all, all this kind of thing does is to bring about negative feelings by fans of those skaters.
Why? Simply because you disagreed with my post and brought up something that could be interesting and new to me. Hence I would love to hear your reasons for such disagreement.

Second, because I will not stoop to the mean-spiritedness of your earlier post.
??? My post did nothing more than to show my shock that Miki's "posture" was being praised as best. She may do a few things better than most skaters, but posture is IMO not one of them. I really don't see the "mean-spiritedness" in my post. You are overreacting.
And since when was discussion of skaters' weaknesses ever equated to being mean?? And name-naming? Gee, it's not like you were asked to share the latest skating gossip.

Last edited:

shine

Record Breaker
I have no idea how posture is measured, at the end is if you like the lines of the skater maybe, irina didnt have good posture but was one of my fav skaters, when i think of posture in ladies i tend to compare anyone with kwan.
Joannie has IMO similar posture and carriage to Kwan in many ways.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Joannie has IMO similar posture and carriage to Kwan in many ways.

I agree. Joannie is to me, the Kwan of this era in skating. She rarely tries/lands the triple triple...has has good choreography, skates with emotion and has the knack of getting the audience to root for her. I think her silver at worlds might be what inspired Michelle to think about a comeback more seriously.

poloska

Rinkside
You must agree with me!! At all times!! Its mandatory!! Its under the Patriot Act!! :laugh:

And as stated below, Michelle did have a loop in her combos. But she also have much more and I believe the new generation suffers because they do not have the flexibilty of creativity under the new system. Nor, are they given the opportunity to really shine on the ice because they worry more about points than putting their best package on the ice. If you don't agree, then go back and watch their mouths as they count to three on wacky spirals that are identical to the previous spirals already performed. Or the funky spins with the crazy leg positions.

How can you judge individual quality, skill, and talent when the programs are uneven, sloppy, and littered with falls? As for my boring statement - hmmm... maybe I should develop a drinking game for each mistake to make it more fun... one shot for under rotation. two shots for a fall. three shots for a win with a fall... (yep, not boring anymore...)

Ok,I'm leaving :yes: P.S. I love spins of new generation much more then spins of old generation(except Sasha's spins). I think we're from two different planets;)

antmanb

Record Breaker
I agree. Joannie is to me, the Kwan of this era in skating. She rarely tries/lands the triple triple...has has good choreography, skates with emotion and has the knack of getting the audience to root for her. I think her silver at worlds might be what inspired Michelle to think about a comeback more seriously.

Joannie is a great skater and i enjoy her performances, however, comparisons to Kwan are not justified. They do have similar body types but the one thing missing from Joannie's performances are exactly what made Kwan a special skater. I can't quite find the rigth words to describe it but it's the fluidity of movement matching the music (possibly musicality?), the emtion in kwan's performances that draws audiences in. It is that final step that i find missing from joannie's performances - she just doesn't quite go far enough when performing.

Ant

seniorita

Record Breaker
Off topic
Is there an ignore list on forum?:unsure:How i missed that?thats why i m talking sometimes alone with no answers?:laugh:

janetfan

Match Penalty
Joannie is a great skater and i enjoy her performances, however, comparisons to Kwan are not justified. They do have similar body types but the one thing missing from Joannie's performances are exactly what made Kwan a special skater. I can't quite find the rigth words to describe it but it's the fluidity of movement matching the music (possibly musicality?), the emtion in kwan's performances that draws audiences in. It is that final step that i find missing from joannie's performances - she just doesn't quite go far enough when performing.

Ant

I agree with your thoughts here Ant, especially about the "fluidity of movement" of Michelle's skating. There was a subtlety that few others had.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Off topic
Is there an ignore list on forum?:unsure:How i missed that?thats why i m talking sometimes alone with no answers?:laugh:

There are two ignore buttons seniorita. One for annoying people - and another special one that automatically blocks all Plushy comments. ;)
Which one did you want to use :laugh:

seniorita

Record Breaker
They do have similar body types

they DO?what annoys me a litlle bit in rochette is her body, especially her arms are a bit.. i dont know the word, they are a bit "ballooned". For me kwan was in another world.

and another special one that automatically blocks all Plushy comments.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I knew it!it blocks only good comments!plushy conspiracy :mad: