Carolina Kostner changing coaches? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Carolina Kostner changing coaches?

mrd2301

Rinkside
I have red a lot of interviews/articles about that and this is not at all clear. She didnt' clarify if she was working with someone and who was that.
It seems like she did consult a professional according to Dytrt's interview.
Thanks for the additional info.
Hope they pick out a better professional staff to work with during both practice and competitions as soon as possible.

Diva

On the Ice
I'm not sure if it would help Caro to change coaches now. It's to close to the Olympics to try something totally new and change her environment completely (I doubt that there is another world-class coach in Oberstdorf and yes, I consider Huth still as one because I think that both Caro and Tomas plus Annette all become a lot better since they started training with him and don't know something about Kovalevsky because I never followed his career closely).

Dytrt's psychologist is always on her side. She was with Annette both at Worlds and Euros, you can see her sitting next to Dytrt and Huth when they were waiting for the marks so I guess she was even with Dytrt before the skate. So I'm not sure if she still has the same psycholgist like Kostner has because I didn't see her next to Caro.
And (maybe not at Worlds but at Euros) it helped Dytrt a lot. At Euros the placed the first time under the Top 10 and she always said in interviews that both her psychologist (Huth suggested her to work with) and her new trainer helped her a lot to become mentally stronger.

As for Verner he himself said after these years Euros that his training was wrong and so he, after talking to his coaches, decided to change it. Now he trains his whole programs every day while before he just trained parts of it.

At last I don't know if there was really a heavy psychological reason for Caro's LP at Worlds or if it was just not her day that day but in all cases I don't want her to switch to Mishin! Nearly every coach else but not Mishin.
Surely there will be a lot of you who will disagree but the only feeling I have about him is that he is wasting the talent of 99% of his students. Of course he brought Plushenko to an Olympic and Yagudin to a World title and they were both great jumpers and maybe they learnt a lot about technical things from Mishin but on the artistical side he always wasted their talent (also Gachinsky who everyone thought will be the next great star - where is he now...).
I remember seeing him in a documentary dropping some choreography of Plushenko's programs because "only the technical difficulties" are important.
I prefer nice and good looking programs to ones with ten quads in it...

npavel

On the Ice
Kostner will not change her coach, she told about stages with Mishin not to be her coach and she learned a lot from him. She will see to get some mental help and it is what she needed. Huth is a god coach. She has a very solid technique and her jumps are seldom underrotated and always on the right edge. Her problem is mental and a change of coach don't get you mental strong. I hope she gain more confidence so that she'll go out and put clean programs on the ice.

kyla2

Final Flight
Carolina

Carolina was propped up for so long with "gift judging." Now the chickens have come home to roost. That kind of thing is ultimately the undoing of the skater because they slack off and think they are still going to stay on top. I couldn't disagree more about her technique. She has always had technique issues i.e. sloppy landings and consistency issues. The only thing she has is speed.

Last edited: