Cappellini & Lanotte moving to Muriel Zazoui | Golden Skate

Cappellini & Lanotte moving to Muriel Zazoui

eleonora.d

On the Ice
According to the italian national sports newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport Anna and Luca decided to left Milan and move to Lion (France) in order to train with one of the most prestigious coaches of ice dance, Muriel Zazoui (coach of Delobel / Schonfelder and olympic champions Anissina/Peizerat).

They already could experience training with Muriel last summer and eventually decided to move. The news are confirmed.

http://archiviostorico.gazzetta.it/...i_Lanotte_vanno_Francia_ga_10_090410091.shtml

Well, Carron and Jost won over them in Euros and Worlds so it must be Cap/Lan's coach who let that happen. You buy that?

Buttercup

Record Breaker
there are also rumors of Carron/Jost splitting.Any news?
I haven't heard or seen anything, but it would make sense if that's the case. They are the no. 3 French team and chances are they will not move up next year. This means no Olys for them, and possibly no Worlds. He's already 28, and is expecting a baby with Vanesssa Gusmeroli this summer, so who knows how much longer he'll want to continue - probably not until Sochi. Pernelle is only 22, and can certainly stick around for another Olympic cycle. She might be better off with a younger partner, assuming she can find someone good.

Very sad, indeed, that C/J are splitting, but they were never in the 'IN' group of dance teams, and how long can one wait on line to be noticed? I don't think this Olys will have much different results except for D/S to be on the podium. There will be much more splits or retirements after this coming Olys. I feel secure in predicting that there will be no surprises.

and Good for C/L and hopefully they will get away from those dramatic opera themes, and hopefully, they can wait out for Socci.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I don't know about this rumored split - I can see it happening, but I find it strange that there's been no reports on it other than on forums. Muriel Zazoui was interviewed by Passion Patinage after Worlds and said nothing about a split - in fact, she said that next year C/J will probably have to compete for the second Olympic spot against P/B (I find that optimistic). That interview appeared just a couple of days ago, so I imagine if they'd split, there would have been some postscript saying that. If anything, I think C/J now have a good shot of going to Vancouver because Isabelle Delobel's ability to return in time is by no means certain.

Joe, I don't think C/J's problem was not being one of the "in" teams. They started skating together only four years ago and just finished top-ten at their first worlds. To me, their problem is the same one Nathalie and Fabian have had: because it took so long for Isabelle and Olivier to get the podium placements they deserved, they stayed in ice dance longer, and the other French teams have been held back as a result. P/B have been around longer and IMO they are better than C/J, so it's no surprise they'd be FFSG's go to team if Del/Schoe can't compete. And when you're coming in as the number 3 French team, even if you get to go to the big events, you won't get the marks. It's not fair, it's not right, but it is ice dance.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I saw a report on FSU that Guignard/Paulmier had split, but nothing about Carron/Jost splitting. It should be big news, since they finished 9th in LA and are guaranteed two GP assignments.

Can anyone confirm with an official report?