Ladies Short Program | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Ladies Short Program

Andalusia

Final Flight
Well, Joannie is hardly the only elite lady skater this happens to. I recall Mao Asada received three +1 GOEs for a clearly two-footed 3toe in the 2008 TEB LP. And let's not forget Yu-Na Kim's couple of +1 GOEs from 2008 Worlds LP for a 1Lutz.

Yes, I think those are terrible examples of judging, too.

Joannie's lutz combo in the SP wasn't just two-footed, it wasn't very well done, period. She should've received minus GOEs across the board, and I've seen that happen to other skaters who make even lesser mistakes.

And as I recall, some did feel Joannie's PCS in the LP wasn't justified. She was better than some others in those areas, but not by that much.

antmanb

Record Breaker
Right. Wier falls into cateory one and Evan deffinetly does a caegory 2. I think Mao would fall into #2 as well.
I don't get the whole hoopla about if mao's double toe was underoratted. She did the triple axel for heaven's sake. The requirements are to do it in combonation. As far as I know a single is a combonation.

No if a skater does a single jump in the combo then the combo has to fail as the requirement for a lady are a triple jump in combination with a double or triple jump (double jump can be the first or second jump). So a 2/2 or a 3/1 do not fulfill the requirement and the element has to score -3 across the board.

Ant

yunaddiction

Rinkside
Quoted from Canadian TheStar.com

http://www.thestar.com/sports/wintersports/article/621104

Traditionally, the competitive skating season concludes with the worlds. But the ISU threw this event at the skaters without consultation. As late as a fortnight ago, it was not even a certainty.

Though weary, skaters declined to criticize the ISU for what was plainly a command performance.

"We weren't exactly forced to participate," said Moir. "But the ISU told us if we didn't come, we wouldn't be allowed to do anything else for the rest of the year, including shows. And, of course, there's always national pride at stake. We came here to win."

Didn't quite happen. Maybe next time. Whenever that may be.

The ISU hasn't said.