Trophee Eric Bompard | Golden Skate

Trophee Eric Bompard

kitkat28

Rinkside
Is anyone going to Trophee Eric Bompard this year? If you buy your tickets before 30th of May, they're are cheaper (from what I can tell on the website, my French isn't fantastic). Presumably that's because it's the date that they'll be announcing the GP assignments.

Medusa

Record Breaker
Is anyone going to Trophee Eric Bompard this year? If you buy your tickets before 30th of May, they're are cheaper (from what I can tell on the website, my French isn't fantastic). Presumably that's because it's the date that they'll be announcing the GP assignments.
Me! Me! Of course I'll go. Thanks for the info about the tickets. I have to contemplate if I just go on one day (the last time I just went there early Saturday morning and returned the same evening) or if I'll do the whole thing this time. But I don't have money for accommodation. Are there good bridges in Paris? Just joking, I might ask some friends... Or try to find a really cheap hostel.

Eurofan

On the Ice
I'm thinking of going and renting an apartment for the entire month. Does anyone know which arrondissement would be best? I.e., not too far from the rink?

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
I'm definitly going, but I'm going to wait a while until the seats on the judges side are on sale - I'm NOT going to pay 50 Euros for an awful seat (the 5th and 6th row are dreadful - you can't see anything).

Eurofan

On the Ice
I'm definitly going, but I'm going to wait a while until the seats on the judges side are on sale - I'm NOT going to pay 50 Euros for an awful seat (the 5th and 6th row are dreadful - you can't see anything).

Thanks for the tip, Natacha, I'll keep that in mind. Are you familiar with bus service from Gare de Lyons/Station Bercy? I see there are a number of buses that go to the Palais Omnisport.

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
Thanks for the tip, Natacha, I'll keep that in mind. Are you familiar with bus service from Gare de Lyons/Station Bercy? I see there are a number of buses that go to the Palais Omnisport.

I'm not familiar with the buses, although I know the metro is easy.
If anyone needs any info on Paris, then feel free to ask!

kitkat28

Rinkside
The metro is fantastically easy, so no need to worry about that one. Not too expensive either. The stadium is about a 10 minute walk from Gare du Lyon (sp? I'm not French!) but you can get the metro.

I sat in the 6th row (not judges side) for the gala last year and found it fine, view-wise.

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
I sat in the 6th row (not judges side) for the gala last year and found it fine, view-wise.

Were you near the middle? Because when I was sort of in the 6th row, I was alittle nearer to the side and had a fantastic viaw on people's hair!!!

Eurofan

On the Ice
Thanks, kitkat28. I'd rather take just the metro than a metro/bus combo. So I just need to find an apartment close to a metro station.

kitkat28

Rinkside
Yeah I was, a little to the right (away from where the kiss and cry had been) so that might have been why. And yeah taking the metro and bus is effort! And there are lots of hotels and stuff right near the station; mine was about a minute's walk, and perfectly functional, I'm see if I can find out the name of it. Oh, and my name's Kate, btw. Save you having to call me kitkat28, haha.

Trewyn

Medalist
I would really like to go to TEB, but I'm not sure I want to buy tickets before I know who's going. (if absolutely none of my favorite skaters go, I might be disappointed) However; I noticed you can buy tickets for a reduced price until May 30th, conveniently a couple days before the participants are going to be announced. Will the prices go up significantly, or in other words, is it really worthwhile buying tickets now and not in June? Thanks so much in advance!
Also; the discussion of 6th row seats; those are the seats that they sell as 'Golden Tickets', right? So those aren't good?

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
I would really like to go to TEB, but I'm not sure I want to buy tickets before I know who's going. (if absolutely none of my favorite skaters go, I might be disappointed) However; I noticed you can buy tickets for a reduced price until May 30th, conveniently a couple days before the participants are going to be announced. Will the prices go up significantly, or in other words, is it really worthwhile buying tickets now and not in June? Thanks so much in advance!
Also; the discussion of 6th row seats; those are the seats that they sell as 'Golden Tickets', right? So those aren't good?

Well the first few rows are good, but then the next few are dreadful, and then those behind are good. I suppose if your in the middle it's ok, but when you're just a little to the side, sometimes the only thing you can see is hair. I can't remember xactly where I was the two times that happened to me, but I was in what was supposed to be one of the good seats. i'll try and see if I've kept my tickets and tell you more.

But like I said before, it's probably better to wait until the seats on the other side are on sale.

Trewyn

Medalist
Well, I've never been to a skating competition before, so I can't tell what side the judges are on, but if I press on 'order Golden Tickets' I get seat 24 37. Is that the 24th row??? Doesn't look like a great ticket to me. But it's really hard to tell from the map. And since I really have no idea where the good seats are.

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
Well, I've never been to a skating competition before, so I can't tell what side the judges are on, but if I press on 'order Golden Tickets' I get seat 24 37. Is that the 24th row??? Doesn't look like a great ticket to me. But it's really hard to tell from the map. And since I really have no idea where the good seats are.

Wow that means you're in the front row. It's strange because some seats near the front that weren't on sale before are on sale now.

Trewyn

Medalist
I use the Fnac Belgium site. On the seating map they look like they're more or less in the middle...

I had another question too; is it good to go to the competition earlier so you can watch practice sessions, like on Thursday for example; do they admit people to the arena?

Thanks for your quick replies, btw!

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
I use the Fnac Belgium site. On the seating map they look like they're more or less in the middle...

I had another question too; is it good to go to the competition earlier so you can watch practice sessions, like on Thursday for example; do they admit people to the arena?

Thanks for your quick replies, btw!

I'll have a look at that site myself!

The first time I went there (in 05) I managed to see the pairs warm-up but since then, Everytime I've been there I haven't been able to see any practise sessions, despite arriving agaes before the doors open.

However if you go to see the SP, get there really earl as seats aren't numbered

I personnaly am going to wait till the seats the on the other side are on sale. As the evnt gets nearer, I'll post all the information I can get.