Ladies' LP | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Ladies' LP

Alicja

On the Ice
Wow, Mao is the best! Yu-Na can't even do a triple axel! Mao puts Yu-Na away!

Who is Mao? Who is Yu-Na? ;) They must be two really random skaters I've never heard of, no wonder if they have no skills... That Yu-Na girl no 3A and the one called Mao, no consistent 3/3....bad... definitely not the niveau of current ladies skating!!!!!!!!

Irony, people, irony

R.D.

Record Breaker
It AMAZES me how much effort some people are putting into this. WHO CARES???

I'm not even CLOSE to being a fan of either of them but these nitpicks are just too much. One day they will retire and the points will be moot.

As another poster so nicely put it "WHO LET THE BOTS OUT?" Imagine if Asada wins the Olympics (actually, I don't want to :eek: )

bekalc

Record Breaker
It AMAZES me how much effort some people are putting into this. WHO CARES???

I'm not even CLOSE to being a fan of either of them but these nitpicks are just too much. One day they will retire and the points will be moot.

As another poster so nicely put it "WHO LET THE BOTS OUT?" Imagine if Asada wins the Olympics (actually, I don't want to :eek: )

;lol: I'm getting tired of it myself as well. I love both girls, think they are amazing talents. I'm willing to admit that both have their issues "of course" but well STILL!!!

I refuse to watch any of the "she lips" or she underrotates or she prerotates videos. PERIOD.

Maybe there should be a thread called

She doesn't deserve credit for that: Videos! Pictures! of Jumps you think were unfairly credited. Post right here and only here! Or A.K.A the Mao and Yu-na bashers thread....

Last edited:
Why Dont you Check Competitor's skill?

This is not uber's act.

TrueAndJutice, I think you should understand why your posts on this thread are being met with ridicule and dismissal. There are two reasons.

First, you have not shown any interest in figure skating except repetitiously to play on a one-stringed harp about Mao Asada's Axel jump, in an effort to annoy other members of this forum. This is trolling. It is a breach of Internet courtesy and is expressly forbidden by the Golden Skate posting guidelines.

Second, the makers of the videos that you are linking to, although they know how to edit video, do not know anything about figure skating. If you are acquainted with these film-makers personally, I urge you to tell them to go to a skating rink and sign up for some lessons. There they will learn proper technique for the Axel jump.

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
Not to fan the flames, but I looked at the video maker's profile. All the videos have to do with the stupid controversy brought up by Yu Na and her TV network (i.e. they involve Japanese skaters in near misses in various practices). Then the last two are edited videos of Asada's 3A. :rolleye:

Make of it what you will; between ourselves, I could care less about either skater but I smell trouble-maker here. I figure it's the same person because the language style's similar

yangjie

On the Ice
why dose some Korean always look down and say bad to Japanese skaters, especailly Mao?

becouse of the history? or Some Korean think yu-na is much better than mao asada?

harmy18

Rinkside
congratulations to Caroline, the highest TES overall. I just wonder why her marks in US national competition are so low, wierd:scratch:

why dose some Korean always look down and say bad to Japanese skaters, especailly Mao?

maybe they regard Mao as the major competitor of Yuna

evangeline

Record Breaker
Not to fan the flames, but I looked at the video maker's profile. All the videos have to do with the stupid controversy brought up by Yu Na and her TV network (i.e. they involve Japanese skaters in near misses in various practices). Then the last two are edited videos of Asada's 3A. :rolleye:

Make of it what you will; between ourselves, I could care less about either skater but I smell trouble-maker here. I figure it's the same person because the language style's similar

And I am rather amused at how that video maker (not-so) cleverly disguised his/her motives by using the username 'maofan22'.

I just hope that these types of uber-fans realize that with every ridiculous trolling video/comment they make, they're chipping away at whatever little shreds of crediblity (if any) they have left.

R.D.

Record Breaker
At least the Kwaniacs didn't resort to stuff like this. Although there was that compliation of 35 Cohen mistakes :laugh: (I don't know if the maker of that was an MK fanatic though)

People like this clearly turn me away from these skaters. Not that I liked them much in the first place, anyway. That's not to take away from their great talent though.

mycelticblessing

Final Flight
As for the dress...Mao does have a tend to change them near the end of the season (especially into something RED). :laugh:

Now that you've brought it up, I've only just realised she wears a red dress for all her World Championships LPs. Mao does look gorgeous in red though. Especially the dark maroon shade!

viv

On the Ice
The commentators said that Miki fell hard in the practice and her shoulder started to give her trouble again. Nikolai Morozov told her not to attempt the quad in the LP, but she didn't want to disappoint her fans and went for it anyway. The hard fall made it worse. :(

There was no information whether it's really serious - I guess we'll see in the Gala. I hope Miki's fine. :bow: I agree that she should give the quad up for now - it looks great in the practices, but she doesn't need it (3-3T combo would work better for her) and the falls just ruin her condition. She looked so fine at Worlds and in the SP; she could have easily placed 2nd if only she stuck to the jump layout from Worlds.

Mao was great! It was great to watch her performance with Tatiana's commentary (it's available at Mao's fan forum). In spite of still struggling with jumps she really pulled it together. TAT sounded really happy - and she blamed herself for Mao's poor showing at Worlds, saying that she didn't give Mao enought time to acclimatize. And both the Russian commentators had a good laugh at Nobu's "wow" expression when Mao landed her axels. :biggrin:

Okami, thank you for the information about Miki - I agree with your opinion on the quad, but, then, this jump seems to be her dream, and she actually got it done in practice. I'm also glad that Mao had a great performance here - good for her that she can go to the Olympic season with a comfortable feeling! :)

DarkestMoon

On the Ice
At least the Kwaniacs didn't resort to stuff like this. Although there was that compliation of 35 Cohen mistakes :laugh: (I don't know if the maker of that was an MK fanatic though)

People like this clearly turn me away from these skaters. Not that I liked them much in the first place, anyway. That's not to take away from their great talent though.

Have you seen the one of Sasha's Dark Eyes where she lands and smashes through the ice? Funny video editing but really, come on now.

bekalc

Record Breaker
Originally Posted by Red Dog
At least the Kwaniacs didn't resort to stuff like this. Although there was that compliation of 35 Cohen mistakes (I don't know if the maker of that was an MK fanatic though)

Red Dog, Michelle skated at a time when things like underrotations etc didn't matter. One hill of beans. I have no doubt that if things were important in Michelle's day that videos about Tara's underrotations and flutzs would be all over the internet. And Tara fans would have videos of Michelle. Etc.

shallwedansu

On the Ice
At least the Kwaniacs didn't resort to stuff like this.
No, they only resorted to name calling and made Tara Lipinski the 2nd most villainess female skater in the history of the sport. The first being Tonya Harding of course.

Seriously, I don't think I've ever felt more pity for a skater than I have for Tara. Monkey face, chipmunk, piece of garbage, Satan, death (for real, I've heard people call her Death)... the list goes on.

And bekalc makes a good point as well. If the penalizations were the same back then, Tara slow-motion videos would be the highest viewed on Youtube.