Ladies' LP | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Ladies' LP

Medusa

Record Breaker
OK, I know caroline is slow and has a mule-kick, but should Joannie really have been almost 9 points ahead of her on PCS? I mean, Joannie is a good skater but she's not blowing anyone away like Yu-Na Kim.

BTW, both Caroline and Rachael beat Joannie on TES.
Yeah, it's pretty much a reputation decision I think. I didn't think Zhang was that slow in the first place. And her spins are better than Rochette's. Plus the 3-3 rocked. And Rochette - I know I keep repeating myself here - but she is bland in my opinion. Good skating skills, good technique - but Flatt is no idiot there either.

AND ASADA CRACKS the 200 too!!!!!!!

bekalc

Record Breaker
Definitely not the USFS! :laugh:

This has really got to be embarrassing for them. But you have to wonder how in the heck they couldn't have realized Flatt/Zhang could do this well. Just look at the competition people.

(top 5 in the world Mao/Kim/Rochette/Miki/Kostner) Two of these girls are inconsistent.

(Rest Suguri/Lepisto not great jumpers or likely to put out a lot of triples)

Then they have 2 girls who are capable of six plus triples and another girl not a great jumper.

Who strategically would it be smart to send..

Send the Jumping Beans!

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Mao goes past 200! Not too surprising considering that SP score, but well done to her. :clap:

coconutpunch

Rinkside
FSU PBP is telling me Mao rocked it. Ugh, how nice it would've been to watch it live with Tat as the commentator...:frown2:

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Yeah, it's pretty much a reputation decision I think.
Well, maybe with ther results this season, Zhang and Flatt will have earned some reputation points, too. I kind of like Rachael, even with the bad posture. She has a lot of potential.

TCAngel18

Medalist
zhang got the highest tes...hmm...now caroline needs to train with carolina, and get some speed

Oscilla

On the Ice
Looks like Mao got one 3A downgraded, but still an awesome job after the disappointing showing at Worlds (and considering her not-so-stable jumps right now).

The next season should be interesting! :agree:

ETA: I can't access the Mao forum. Looks like the fans were too much for both the WebTV server and for the forumotion one... :D

Last edited:

Morning Glory

On the Ice
Congratulations Mao:clap:

I guess one of the 3A's was not ratified.

Congratulations Caroline:clap:

Finally, 3-3 was ratified I guess.

ks777

Record Breaker
This has really got to be embarrassing for them. But you have to wonder how in the heck they couldn't have realized Flatt/Zhang could do this well. Just look at the competition people.

(top 5 in the world Mao/Kim/Rochette/Miki/Kostner) Two of these girls are inconsistent.

(Rest Suguri/Lepisto not great jumpers or likely to put out a lot of triples)

Then they have 2 girls who are capable of six plus triples and another girl not a great jumper.

Who strategically would it be smart to send..

Send the Jumping Beans!

Yep, I don't even know what they saw in Alissa to begin with. She is always the same Alissa who can not bring it when it really counts. That goes to Bebe as well.

Medusa

Record Breaker
Is that correct that France is actually in front of Russia in the overall standings? I thought France was a lock for 5th place. And Russia is only one point ahead of China.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Is that correct that France is actually in front of Russia in the overall standings? I thought France was a lock for 5th place. And Russia is only one point ahead of China.
Yes, it's true. I posted the final standings from the ISU website over in the standings thread. Russia's performance in the singles disciplines was pretty dismal, they had the last place skaters in both.

Kimmie Fan

On the Ice
KN's semi meltdown was unfortunately Russia's downfall.