Gala | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Gala

Andalusia

Final Flight
I absolutely loved Rachael's EX, especially the footwork section and the Ina Bauer that went right with the music. Did she really choreograph that program by herself!? I also love Caroline's spiral sequence in her EX more than the one she does in her competitive program. Does anyone else know why she doesn't include the forward charlotte section in her SP and LP, I feel like she'd get better GOE's (Not like she doesn't get good GOE's on her spirals to begin with).

Loved Rachael's Ina Bauer, too. If she did do the choreography herself, I'm impressed. I can't stand Nicole Kidman's voice, or I'd be into her exhibition a little more.

As for Caroline's Charlotte, maybe she's practicing it for use next season? Who knows, we might see the new spin variation, too. What impresses me about her spiral in exhibitions is that the free leg is held steadily and is perfectly vertical, the CoE is smooth, and she attains almost Kwan-like speed...I don't know why she can't do it like that in competition.

gocaroline

On the Ice
no...she's done that elsewhere...

I mean the one spin position that her left arm holding her left leg up like a vertical catch-foot spiral, but kept spinning in that position. I've never seen that from anyone before. Does anyone here see this spin position before? If it's a new variation, that's really nice to see:love:

LeCygne

Final Flight
I mean the one spin position that her left arm holding her left leg up like a vertical catch-foot spiral, but kept spinning in that position. I've never seen that from anyone before. Does anyone here see this spin position before? If it's a new variation, that's really nice to see:love:

She's done it in her On My Own program at Skating & Gymnastics Spectacular right before Nationals and also in her River EX at Nationals. Other than that, it is new for her.

I wonder how the USFSA obtained copyright to this show. Did they purchase the rights from the Japanese television network?

moojja

Rinkside
I wonder how the USFSA obtained copyright to this show. Did they purchase the rights from the Japanese television network?

Icenetwork will be showing all of the competition and the gala. So I assume they did buy the rights.

Nigel

On the Ice
I absolutely loved Rachael's EX, especially the footwork section and the Ina Bauer that went right with the music. Did she really choreograph that program by herself!? I also love Caroline's spiral sequence in her EX more than the one she does in her competitive program. Does anyone else know why she doesn't include the forward charlotte section in her SP and LP, I feel like she'd get better GOE's (Not like she doesn't get good GOE's on her spirals to begin with).

Yup....Rachael choreographed the program herself. She retired her Respect program following Worlds, and had just over a week to find something new. Awesome job! :rock: