Delobel/Schoenfelder News-Isabelle is Pregnant | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Delobel/Schoenfelder News-Isabelle is Pregnant

dewey

Rinkside
Just 19 days after Daria's birth (born on 9/11/92), Gordeeva was back on the ice. By October, after deciding to leave their daughter with Gordeeva's mother in Moscow, Gordeeva & Grinkov began rehearsals for the Stars on Ice skating tour in Lake Placid, New York. Two months later, Gordeeva & Grinkov successfully defended their World Professional Championship title, but they missed Daria's first Christmas.

I thought it came from her own book, but maybe it's incorrect?

Whoops, it was me. They missed 1993, not 92.

Audrey19

On the Ice
What about Tatiana Navka? Didn't she also have a baby before winning the olympics with Roman? How did she manage it?

~tapdancer

On the Ice
What about Tatiana Navka? Didn't she also have a baby before winning the olympics with Roman? How did she manage it?

From what I read in the icenetwork article, Navka's child was six years old when she won the Olympics. Don't think it would have been an issue. The article stated that none of the skaters came back after giving birth in the actual year that they won the medal.

Audrey19

On the Ice
I see, this is really an extraordinary situation. Hopefully they'll be able to compete in Vancouver and contend for the gold!

Simone

Match Penalty
OMG, I had this lovely thought. If Isabelle has a daughter, there may be a future ice-dance team with Olivier's son. How cute would that be?

beep_beep

Medalist
It's much nicer to report on baby news rather than injuries and rehab problems! Yes, it does look real and confirmed. Well, maybe Isabelle and Olivier's kids can skate together at the 2030 Olympics ;).

Well, let's hope she has girl then. In any case, there's still the Gusmeroli/Jost baby on the way as well. :p

On the physical side of things, I have close to no doubt that Isabelle will be ready for the Olympics. She can keep training up to the end of her pregnancy (with certain limitations of course).
There were two women on the gym I go to that were lifting weights all the way until the 7th month. After that it was yoga, swimming and other exercises underwater, so that they would not put strain on their joints. They were even doing abdominals until their bellies got too big and would put pressure on the blood vessels and they could pass out from it. And they were back for light exercises some two weeks after the birth. And they were no athletes.

On the psychologic side well... anything can happen. Some women really change after having a baby. And that's absolutely fine. Whatever she decides will be the right decision.

That said, I wish for a healthy pregnancy and birth, a healthy cute baby and... why not... an olympic medal (never underestimate a champion!)

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Tatiana had her baby in 2000, and of course missed the entire 1999-2000 season. IIRC, her first competition after giving birth was 2000 CoR. At that time, however, she and Roman were not yet serious medal contenders.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
On the psychologic side well... anything can happen. Some women really change after having a baby. And that's absolutely fine. Whatever she decides will be the right decision.

That said, I wish for a healthy pregnancy and birth, a healthy cute baby and... why not... an olympic medal (never underestimate a champion!)

This basically sums up how I feel about the news! ;)

Nadine

Record Breaker
I was pleasantly surprised to hear this news yesterday ~ Congratulations to Isabelle & her man!

That said, I hope Isabelle knows she's going to have to be at least 10 times better than anyone else when she comes back next season (no joke), but oddly enough, if I was a gambling person (which I'm not), I would lay odds on her doing the impossible, against all odds. I can't wait to watch the show!

Isabelle, three words: Citius, Altius, Fortius

May the best win! *guns goes off & the race begins*