Olympic Tickets | Golden Skate

Olympic Tickets

ehdtkqorl123

On the Ice
I heard that Phase 2 begins on June 10th. But I also heard that tickets for figure skating were already sold out - thos might be a rumor. When I contacted them, they only told me that they are not sure if tickets were sold out nor which tickets will be released on that day. How many of you already got the tickets? I think tickets are pretty expensive. Also, if you bought tickets thru some other ticket agents, are there some websites that have a good deal?

silver.blades

Medalist
Country
Canada
The figure skating is most likely sold out. It's a popular event. I only managed to get 2nd tier tickets to the men's short and I applied for all events originally. Your best bet is probably to look for people who are selling their tickets.

fumie_fumie

Final Flight
For those residing outside of Canada

Tickets are sold out in Canada. But, there are international tickets allocated to each IOC member country outside of Canada, which may still be on sale. Inquire your country's IOC representative about ticket availability.

billyelliot1971

Rinkside
I was in Winter Olympic Games of Torino; ...sold out it isn't truth. The Olympic Games and their tickets are for the sponsor and not for lover of figure skating. In Torino the terraces of Palavela were empty and the day of competitions you could buy the tickets and in a few case also under price from ticket tout.

ostile17

Rinkside
I doubt figure skating in Italy is as big as it is in Canada, so I'm sure things will be quite different there.
Anyway, the Italian Olympic Commetee (C.O.N.I) still has tickets for figure skating.
Any Italian who wants to go should hurry up though, they're almost sold-out!

It's an enormous amount of Money to spend two weeks watching the Olympics. There are many events I enjoy but hanging outdoors watching the Down Hill Skiers and Bobledders in the cold is not my thing anymore.

I'm using my savings to be in Torino right after it to see The New World Order of Figure Skating.

I have no idea if icenetwork will show the Olys. I hope so. I would even prefer UNISPORT, but they seem to specilize on reruns. I think NBC will give full coverage during the day hours on its affiliates, but will they be LIVE? It's only 3 hours difference between NYC and Vancouver. I can handle that.

sillylionlove

Medalist
Usually when NBC has the Olympics...they show is on NBC, USA, MSNBC, CNBC and I am sure that Universal Sport will be in there. Other then on NBC which isn't live all the time, the other stations are live with events.

i love to skate

Medalist
Hi.

I was thinking of going to Paris to see TEB, but then it got me thinking I might as well fly to Vancouver and see the big thing! There will be no live broadcast in Australia anyway. Some questions, if anyone could help me.

On a ticketing website I found, it says "CAT A," "CAT B," etc. for seating sections and "n/a," "TAB," "Reserved," etc. for rows.

1) What does "CAT" mean? Does it refer to the lower red seats or the upper blue seats? http://www.pne.ca/venuerental/tours/fullscreen1/click.htm
I guess I'll be quite happy as long as it's in the lower blue section.

2) And as for the rows, are these sellers just witholding info or do ticketns for unassigned rows actually exist?

3) This question is for those of you who've bought tickets to the Olympics before. Generally speaking, is it a good idea to buy tickets from those websites where tickets price differs in accordance with demand (TicketsNow, etc.), or should I wait till the last minute? Would you say $600 is a 'reasonable' price for an Olympic ladies ticket (provided you were not lucky enough to get tickets in the first phases)?

Thanks!

1) CAT stands for Category. There are three categories of seats. CAT A B and C. Cat A is the best (and most expensive) and Cat C is most likely nosebleed seats.

2) I'm not sure about this one. Seating arrangements have yet to be finalized so that could be why some are labeled N/A

3) I would be very careful buying tickets outside of the designated ticketing carrier for your country. VANOC has threatened to disable tickets that are re-sold on an unauthorized website.

Hope this helps!