What music should Caroline Zhang skate to next season? | Page 5 | Golden Skate

What music should Caroline Zhang skate to next season?

LeCygne

Final Flight
Mao and Yukari just used Fantaisie Impromptu last season... I can't really see Caroline doing it again, but Chopin is not a bad thought.

feraina

Record Breaker
While I have a special fondness for piano (since that's what I play), I feel in general Caroline would do better with violin than piano.

I really *love* this beautiful violin adaptation of Chopin's nocturne:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsRup1iD_ME

It's sooooooooo gorgeous! Makes me want to cry. I think Caroline can really make it her own one day, when she's a little bit more mature and able to really express passion. This piece has elegance, melancholy, passion in spades. It's almost got her name written all over it. :) Has anyone ever skated to this violin adaptation?

I actually have both the piano etude and the violin nocturne on my ipod. While I like both, I think the violin nocturne is wayyyyy better for her to skate to, JMHO!

PB, I agree with your about Caroline's exhibitions. Nobody nowadays gives me shivers as much as her exhibitions, and it comes at some unexpected moments: upward-turned arms, a slight pause, a split jump, a spiral (okay, maybe this last is not so unexpected).

cornell08

Final Flight
I think I'm just sick of violin pieces being used...I actually think that because Caroline has mostly used violin, she should switch to piano. Her exhibitions have mostly been piano accompanied-- they're just so much lighter, and she seems much more unfettered skating to them. Oh, and thanks for the welcome, Mathman!

Andalusia

Final Flight
I really *love* this beautiful violin adaptation of Chopin's nocturne:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsRup1iD_ME

First of all, the piano owns the violin (but don't take it to heart because I'm a piano player! ;)).

Secondly, that is one of my favourite Chopin pieces ever. I first heard it in 'The Pianist' and I play it all the time. It's nice to know there's someone out there who shares similar tastes as you do. :) The piano version is still the best, though, and Caroline will need oodles more expression before she can tackle this piece.

By the way, that is a great pick, too, cornell08! The beginning part sounds like another piece I have in mind for Caroline, but I'm blanking out on the name of it. It's either by Grieg or Chopin, or neither of them. :laugh: I'll post it when I do remember.

I also think Caroline would do well skating to piano music. She's only ever skated to strings since she burst onto the scene.