Unusual crushes... | Golden Skate

Unusual crushes...

Simone

Match Penalty
Do you have crushes on people who usually are not considered usually attractive? My peers have told me I have a strange if not an awful taste in men... but I just see beauty as I see it...

Alan Cumming- he's just... amazing...

http://i43.tinypic.com/8zo2ef.jpg

Filip Dewinter- this one is humiliating but I must confess he is sensually overload for this girl...

http://i43.tinypic.com/m73w4m.jpg

Vincent Cassel- I cannot forumulate into words why... maybe some can understand...

http://i42.tinypic.com/2ylwfw8.jpg

Gaspard Ulliel- leaves me absolutely breathless...

http://i42.tinypic.com/2i1p5ic.jpg

Mads Mikkelsen- Oh my...

http://i39.tinypic.com/28ilv9x.jpg

Ville Valo- his deep sexy voice, his beautifully contrasting light eyes, dark hair and smoking cigarettes as appalling as it I find, some individuals do make it look very sexy..

http://i40.tinypic.com/1235b8n.jpg

Cillian Murphy- I guess either you find him sexy or you don't...

http://i43.tinypic.com/v5xzpf.jpg

Perhaps... I shall end it here. I do not want to freak out a lot of people with my maybe awful taste in men. Beauty is a very subjective thing, do feel free to include skaters if you wish. This thread is yours too... so do I have a type here? My hormones are overactive at this time and I may not be typing as clear a message as I wish but if you find someone appealing that may not be universally considered attractive though choices such as Jude Law are perfectly welcome. :)

EDIT: 'Pretty boys' removed from thread since I felt them not in spirit...

Last edited:

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
MSNBC's Political Director & White House Coorrespondant CHUCK TODD!!! Love love love that guy... Its so bad that even my husband will call me to let me know he's on the telly...

In my next life baby - in my next. freaking. life.

Simone

Match Penalty
MSNBC's Political Director & White House Coorrespondant CHUCK TODD!!! Love love love that guy... Its so bad that even my husband will call me to let me know he's on the telly...

In my next life baby - in my next. freaking. life.

I had to Google that one... I guess I would have to see him on TV as you do to see his appeal. He reminds me a lot of a not so favorite maths teacher I had some years ago. :laugh:

Another...

Simon Cowell- He is so witty, so honest and so.... I wish I can audition on American Idol just so he'd critique my singing..

http://i42.tinypic.com/24bm98k.jpg

Wrlmy

Medalist
I had to Google that one... I guess I would have to see him on TV as you do to see his appeal. He reminds me a lot of a not so favorite maths teacher I had some years ago. :laugh:

Another...

Simon Cowell- He is so witty, so honest and so.... I wish I can audition on American Idol just so he'd critique my singing..

http://i42.tinypic.com/24bm98k.jpg

I actually had that dream:laugh: I was pleasantly insulted.
My another unusual crush is Evan Lysacek. Not that he's unattractive by "normal" standard, just I'm not normally into lanky men.

Simone

Match Penalty
I actually had that dream:laugh: I was pleasantly insulted.
My another unusual crush is Evan Lysacek. Not that he's unattractive by "normal" standard, just I'm not normally into lanky men.

I am glad I am not the only one with Simon then... I would try out but as an Austrian I don't think I can try on an American talent show though I live/study here..

Are they blind? 0_o

They must be legally blind... their ideals in men include Dolph Lundgren and Rutger Hauer.. these are Austrians my friends. I have no problem with the blue-eyed, blonde Nordic look but I prefer the less than universally considered as beautiful..

There was my angel...

Jörg Haider- When I learned the news of his death, a great part of my soul has gone... he was a hero to Austria... he was so beautiful to me... :cry:

http://i39.tinypic.com/c43yr.jpg

antmanb

Record Breaker
I am glad I am not the only one with Simon then... I would try out but as an Austrian I don't think I can try on an American talent show though I live/study here..

I'm not sure that being Austrian would preclude you from auditioning for the show. We've had people from all over the world audition on the UK version of the show. One lady flew all the way from Tokyo just because she was a huge fan. In fact a lady from Spain made the final 12 and made it about half way through this year. Her English was more or less faultless and she had an extremely good accent.

Ant

Medusa

Record Breaker
Jörg Haider- When I learned the news of his death, a great part of my soul has gone... he was a hero to Austria... he was so beautiful to me... :cry:

http://i39.tinypic.com/c43yr.jpg
You are like totally kidding here, right? He was a faschist! That, to me, kills every charm or handsomeness he might have had. I also know quite a few Austrians who didn't really agree with the hero part, and not all of them were liberals like me. But, hey, freedom of opinion...

Simone

Match Penalty
A hero to Austria? I know it's a shame to speak ill of dead people but some of his statements and actions were really xenophobic. Very controversial character IMO.

I know it would be controversial to bring him up, but he was a good man, a true Austrian... maybe it is stupid for me to mention him here but I gave him my vote in the last elections, and I met him a number of times.. he was really lovely.. too bad for those who only knew of him from publications and from the 'unbiased' press. He was a hero for many patriotic Austrians... especially if you ask those of the region of Carinthia where he governed until his death. He had 25,000 appear for his funeral... that's his legacy and his resonance... even those on the other side of the political coin paid their respects to him...

You are like totally kidding here, right? He was a faschist! That, to me, kills every charm or handsomeness he might have had. I also know quite a few Austrians who didn't really agree with the hero part, and not all of them were liberals like me. But, hey, freedom of opinion...

Not kidding... at all. Why would I slander the name of the dead Mr. Haider? A Fascist? Maybe, if you consider Nationalism a Fascist standpoint? Oh no, he was actually more of a Right-wing populist and he spoke what on the minds of many Austrians though they may not speak of it... but his party Bündnis Zukunft Österreich... it's only life was him. Now we have the Freiheitliche Partei Österreichs he used to be the leader of, it should still survive with their very popular leader... but Haider's party (The BZÖ) will either merge with the FPÖ or just simply cease to be... I am a patriotic Austrian and I understand this may make some feel uncomfortable but that is the simple truth of it... I knew him personally unlike any of you here and he was one of the last of a dying breed. Perhaps I have compromised myself here but that is my honest opinion... agree with it or not... Heinz-Christian Strache is still alive at least... (those who are still alive) men like Andreas Mölzer, Peter Westenthaler, and yes Heinz-Christian Strache... these are the men that earn my votes... they speak for me so why not vote for them? Haider was a great advocate for traditional Germanic culture and undeniably he had great sense of style... why deny that? Charm he had in leagues and bounds...

Last edited:

Alicja

On the Ice
I know it would be controversial to bring him up, but he was a good man, a true Austrian... maybe it is stupid for me to mention him here but I gave him my vote in the last elections, and I met him a number of times.. he was really lovely.. too bad for those who only knew of him from publications and from the 'unbiased' press. He was a hero for many patriotic Austrians... especially if you ask those of the region of Carinthia where he governed until his death. He had 25,000 appear for his funeral... that's his legacy and his resonance... even those on the other side of the political coin paid their respects to him...

Yes, it was controversial to bring him up, just as it was with bringing up Filip Dewinter. I know we have such a thing that is called freedom of speech. I have never met him personally and, yes, I'm getting my information from what you call unbiased press although I don't believe there's such thing as unbiased press, even those that call themselves independent are influenced in one or the other way. Therefore I consider it very helpful to get information from different sources. He might have accomplished a lot, probably some good things among all what he did, but his xenophobic propaganda can't be denied. And I'll use my freedom of speech to harshly critisize this kind of behaviour and statements.

Medusa

Record Breaker
He had 25,000 appear for his funeral... that's his legacy and his resonance...
Well, 25 000 out of the entire population of Austria. That's actually good news in my opinion. Some so-called celebreties had more people to their funerals.
A Fascist? Maybe, if you consider Nationalism a Fascist standpoint? Oh no, he was actually more of a Right-wing populist
Right-wing populist is bad enough. You speak of "Nationalism" and "Patriotism". I never considered those two the same, I always thought that a Patriot loves and is proud of her / his country, and that a Nationalist is someone, who only cares about his / her country with a very narrow-minded view of the World. I for example consider myself a Patriot, but I the most conservative I ever voted was for the social democrats and I still believe in the Unity of Europe.
Haider was a great advocate for traditional Germanic culture
That one you have to explain to me. What exactly is "traditional Germanic culture"? Because I went to a very German school in a very wealthy rural German region with lots of very German pupils and teachers, nothing multicultural whatsoever - and I have never heard of "traditional Germanic culture".

I don't even doubt that he could be charming, that he was a nice guy to talk to. My radical Christian relatives are also nice people, great to talk to. But their opinions, and that would have perhaps been the same case if I had known Haider, will always cast a huge shadow on everything they do, they say and they are - and on how I see them and their characters.

In Haider's case I am talking like an immense shadow:
"Nicht die braune Brut ist die Gefahr, sondern das rote Gesindel." - Der Standard, 5. Oktober 1990
"Jeder Buschneger hat in Zukunft die Möglichkeit, seine Kollegen in Österreich zu behandeln." - über das neue Ärztegesetz, Der Standard, 13. Oktober 1998
"Nicht die Freiheitlichen sind die Schädlinge der Demokratie. Wir sind das Schädlingsbekämpfungsmittel. Bei uns regieren die Rothäute und die Schwarzen - und nicht wie üblich, dass sie in den Reservaten leben." - Die Presse, 22. November 1989

Simone

Match Penalty
Yes, it was controversial to bring him up, just as it was with bringing up Filip Dewinter. I know we have such a thing that is called freedom of speech. I have never met him personally and, yes, I'm getting my information from what you call unbiased press although I don't believe there's such thing as unbiased press, even those that call themselves independent are influenced in one or the other way. Therefore I consider it very helpful to get information from different sources. He might have accomplished a lot, probably some good things among all what he did, but his xenophobic propaganda can't be denied. And I'll use my freedom of speech to harshly critisize this kind of behaviour and statements.

Sure, well Filip Dewinter is an undeniable fox. Are you Flemish? My boyfriend is Flemish, though his mother is French but that is a non-issue as she is from a Flemish family in France. He is a great supporter of Dewinter and his party. That's his right just as it is your right to criticize the likes of Dewinter and Haider as you see fit. I don't care, I like to debate. His ideas may be called 'xenophobic' but they are just in the interest of the indigenous people of his country. Just like Dewinter is a voice for the interests of the Flemish people and the end of the fake country called Belgium.

http://i40.tinypic.com/14uci6u.jpg How can Filip be considered ugly though? My boyfriend has a similar look and I enjoy every moment. :biggrin:

Simone

Match Penalty
Well, 25 000 out of the entire population of Austria. That's actually good news in my opinion. Some so-called celebreties had more people to their funerals.

Right-wing populist is bad enough. You speak of "Nationalism" and "Patriotism". I never considered those two the same, I always thought that a Patriot loves and is proud of her / his country, and that a Nationalist is someone, who only cares about his / her country with a very narrow-minded view of the World. I for example consider myself a Patriot, but I the most conservative I ever voted was for the social democrats and I still believe in the Unity of Europe.

That one you have to explain to me. What exactly is "traditional Germanic culture"? Because I went to a very German school in a very wealthy rural German region with lots of very German pupils and teachers, nothing multicultural whatsoever - and I have never heard of "traditional Germanic culture".

I don't even doubt that he could be charming, that he was a nice guy to talk to. My radical Christian relatives are also nice people, great to talk to. But their opinions, and that would have perhaps been the same case if I had known Haider, will always cast a huge shadow on everything they do, they say and they are - and on how I see them and their characters.

In Haider's case I am talking like an immense shadow:

Well, if I said I agreed with Haider for the most part would I be considered Anti-Democratic? You have every right to vote for which parties and which candidates you seem best to represent your views. That is Democracy, though I may have some less than positive views on Democracy as we know it as. I am just tired of being called a "Nazi" for my views. Strache has some Neo-Nazi supporters but I don't consider their senseless violence an answer to the problems Austrian society faces. I don't condone senseless violence against foreigners. There are humane ways to handle demographic issues.

I would prefer not to discuss such a potent subject in the open but since I had opened this thread and made my views public I bear the responsibility to "justify" my views. My idea of "traditional Germanic culture" is the preservation of Germanic cultures and values, exactly what it is. None of this 'multi-culti' bull-****, let's all hold hands and sing "Kombaya". It is not a natural phenomenon to have "anti-racism", "affirmative action" and "positive discrimination" laws. I support the abolition of those dangerous establishments.

I can understand your idea of Patriotism. I am both a Patriot and a Nationalist but I am not chauvinistic towards other cultures. I feel very close to Bavarian culture and by my boyfriend, Flemish culture which has elements of Dutch and French culture, yet it is it's own but the Flemish people have both Dutch and French names, just look at the names of some of the Vlaams Belang members; Frank Vanhecke (Dutch), Filip Dewinter (Dutch), Marie-Rose Morel (French). I also have some Eastern-European friends, who came from the former Yugoslavia to Austria. They are good people and I consider them Austrian. I just don't want Sharia law in my country or any Muslims in any governing positions. They are incompatible with our culture and we must remember our history with them. It's a government sponsored invasion this time however. I should know this as I see dead-beat Turks every day when I am in Austria. It's uncomfortable and alien for me, seeing women in veils. I don't want this to remain.

Concerning the Flemish, Dewinter has a great 70-point plan.

Last edited:

Alicja

On the Ice
Sure, well Filip Dewinter is an undeniable fox. Are you Flemish? My boyfriend is Flemish, though his mother is French but that is a non-issue as she is from a Flemish family in France. He is a great supporter of Dewinter and his party. That's his right just as it is your right to criticize the likes of Dewinter and Haider as you see fit. I don't care, I like to debate. His ideas may be called 'xenophobic' but they are just in the interest of the indigenous people of his country. Just like Dewinter is a voice for the interests of the Flemish people and the end of the fake country called Belgium.

I couldn't care less about Dewinter's looks whether he's handsome or ugly, I don't care. I'm not Flemish and I'm not Austrian and I don't think it is of any importances where I'm from also my username makes it pretty obvious I guess. Why is that xenophobic propaganda necessary? I don't get this. In Austria just as in any other country there are immigrants who deliberately harm the society but there are just as many Austrians who do the same thing. It's not the multicultural society that causes the problems but the incapacity of some people to realize that immigrants are no invaders. Do you really think returning to such a concept as having a master race would help a modern-day society to cope with its problems? I believe it would make things even worse, and not only would it be ethically unjustifiable...

Simone

Match Penalty
I couldn't care less about Dewinter's looks whether he's handsome or ugly, I don't care. I'm not Flemish and I'm not Austrian and I don't think it is of any importances where I'm from also my username makes it pretty obvious I guess. Why is that xenophobic propaganda necessary? I don't get this. In Austria just as in any other country there are immigrant who deliberately harm the society but there are just as many Austrians who do the same thing. It's not the multicultural society that causes the problems but the incapacity of some people to realize that immigrants are no invaders. Do you really think returning to such a concept as having a master race would help to cope with its problems? I believe it would make things even worse, and not only would it be ethically unjustifiable...

Depends... 'Xenophobic propoganda' may simply be the truth? I was just asking if you were Flemish, as I have the name Simone which isn't a very popular name for Austrian girls.. anyway, I don't care where you are really from. It's not necessarily a "Master race" issue, I am not sure if many are aware many Austrians have Slavic roots. In my own family I find Polish and Ukrainian ancestors, yet I am still Austrian am I not? I am not comfortable really discussing this issue but the Slavic influence is evident in the faces of a lot of Austrians, just look at Jörg Haider, he was so Germano-Slavic looking. Heinz-Christian Strache, his last-name comes from the Russian word "strah" which means fear. His Slavic roots are obvious.. Haider is also a common Turkish name.

I am uncomfortable with the number of Turks and not just them but Arabs, every kind in my country. Where my uncle lives, a city I often go to visit I watched it go from 95% Austrian to 20% Turkish with Turkish markets, mosques, everything! It is not what I want for the future of Austria! It makes me uncomfortable, thankfully my small town is still quite Austrian but I feel a loss of my identity with the amount of foreigners and I fear that the rate of immigration, and that many won't even learn German very insulting.. they were given the courtesy of living in our wonderful country yet they don't respect us and our culture and I would be called a ***** by some Turkish woman because I am not veiled! I won't put it on, it is alien to my culture and I have a nice figure and I like to show it off. Why should I be completely covered? It's not my idea of freedom.

nale

Spectator
Jörg Haider- ... he was a hero to Austria...

I normally only read and don't write here and don't want to write a long answer to all the posts that have become a politcal discussion (because I don't have the time right now to read them all thoroughly and answer them)...but I'm Austrian myself and just felt the need to write that he definitely wasn't a hero to Austria or all the Austrians... (reading some of the answers I'm aware that people here thankfully don't believe that anyways :) but it's hard to suddenly read all the right-winged fpö/bzö propaganda in an english skating forum and say (well write) nothing at all).

Simone

Match Penalty
I normally only read and don't write here and don't want to write a long answer to all the posts that have become a politcal discussion (because I don't have the time right now to read them all thoroughly and answer them)...but I'm Austrian myself and just felt the need to write that he definitely wasn't a hero to Austria or all the Austrians... (reading some of the answers I'm aware that people here thankfully don't believe that anyways :) but it's hard to suddenly read all the right-winged fpö/bzö propaganda in an english skating forum and say (well write) nothing at all).

Hallo, Wie gehts? It is a pleasant surprise to see another person from Austria, yet it's disheartening to see you are against your own nation's past, it's present and it's future. I am going to give the FPÖ my vote in the parliamentary elections in June... seeing I am returning to Austria in a couple-weeks... I hope that it is successful. It is the only solution for my beloved country. I refuse to have my future children go to school and be a minority (White-Austrians, however my future husband is Flemish) but the point is that they deserve a comfortable, secure future without any threats of Americanization and Islamification, I see both as equal threats to Austria's identity... The FPÖ is THE answer. Minus Haider the BZÖ has no future though they have some great programs. Why are you against your country? I guess you are content with Austria having a Turkish president, Turkish signs on all our cities, your children learning Turkish? Pity....

Last edited: