2009 - 2010 Team Envelopes | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2009 - 2010 Team Envelopes

fairly4

Medalist
First,I am sorry.I don't see anything wrong with who got in which tier/envelope.
Yes I would have like Caroline to go to worlds to get a possible "a",but that didn't happen.
It isn't Alissa fault about not getting 3 girls, it is the" USFSA",
why-they decided after nationals they was Hoping for three , and NOT going after three positions. They could have changed their minds and rules after the
Four Continents but didn't.
So don't blames the skaters.
It is only funding hopefully,but maybe it might cost them a GP assignment depending on which skaters from the other countries goes and how many.
IT is possible that Only Alissa and Rachel get two and the rest gets one.

Besides the rules are for the envelop was in place since last year, so no need to
fret over the decision. The skaters also knew what they had to do and Hope it
would go their way in scoring.Nothing we can say or do now changes that.

This whole thread is all about opinions. In reality, the USFS has spoken and live with it or go on to the Luge championships.

What concerns me much more but it may be too early to discuss right now is the other thread on who is getting automatic 2 GP events and who gets only 1 GP event, and how does the 'only one GP' eventually get another. Also, the fact that if there is a WD, the vacancy goes to next one on the ISU list without recourse to Federation.

Tammi

On the Ice
And I thought Katrina was going to retire, but she's still listed. Is she going to stay?
It was just announced in the Team USA section on USFS that Katrina has ended her competitive career and will be removed from the envelope. Best wishes to her and good luck at school.

Wrlmy

Medalist
^ Oh thanks. I was wondering since she went to JW. Best wishes to her in the future.

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
By now, he's probably realized that sending his charge might've cost the U.S. ladies 3 spots at the Olympics, but I'll bet what he's most incensed about is that Brian Orser is finally getting one up on him. :p

:chorus: Orser's revenge? ;)

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
First,I am sorry.I don't see anything wrong with who got in which tier/envelope. Yes I would have like Caroline to go to worlds to get a possible "a",but that didn't happen.

It is only funding hopefully,but maybe it might cost them a GP assignment depending on which skaters from the other countries goes and how many. IT is possible that Only Alissa and Rachel get two and the rest gets one.

Well, Caroline did not achieve the A envelope, but she did achieve the J envelope. That's the one the Japanese gave her .........
........................... with $30,000 in it. :eek:

As far as the GP assignments, it would be a crime if she only got one. :mad:

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Following up on Tammi's post... These 2 items are posted in the Team USA News box in the Athletes section of the USFS site:
(5/1/09) - Senior ladies skater Brittney Rizo has announced she will not compete in the 2009-10 season and, thus, has been removed from the team envelope.

(4/29/09) - Senior ladies skater Katrina Hacker has announced she will not compete in the 2009-10 season and, thus, has been removed from the team envelope.
Best wishes to them as they head off to college this fall!

LeCygne

Final Flight
Well, Caroline did not achieve the A envelope, but she did achieve the J envelope. That's the one the Japanese gave her .........
........................... with $30,000 in it. :eek:

Haha, good one. And yeah, I highly doubt Caroline won't get two events..

Any of the events would snap up Caroline in a minute -- unless they are playing the game of keeping the field as weak as possible to try to sneak their own skaters into the final. :disagree:

fairly4

Medalist
PolymerBob

Sorry, I have a question. How do you know Caroline Zhang got $30,000 in her goody bag.

How much did Evan, Rachel, Tanith & Ben, Jeremy, Denny & Barrett get in theirs.

pista04

On the Ice
I don't believe that, at this point, one can blame the results at 2009 results, but instead must look at the 2008 Results. Had Kimmie/Bebe/Ashley scored the 13, then we would have been able to send Caroline in that third spot...and my gut says Caroline and Racheal would have been able to score the 13. But we'll never know.

On topic, I do believe that Alissa deserves what she got...she followed the 'rubric' for it. This seems to be a lot like school....they knew the rubric, and they just couldn't get the score they needed to. It doesn't matter if your amazing on a competition or two, or on a requirement, if a requirement for an envelope is not met at all.

Any of the events would snap up Caroline in a minute -- unless they are playing the game of keeping the field as weak as possible to try to sneak their own skaters into the final. :disagree:
What happened MM? I always thought you did not believe in GP strategy.

What happened MM? I always thought you did not believe in GP strategy.

I don't. :) That's why I gave the thumbs down to those federations who try to do it.

Bad sportsmanship, in my opinion, to try to water down the field to protect our little darlings from real competition. :disagree:

merrybari

Final Flight
I don't. :) That's why I gave the thumbs down to those federations who try to do it.

Bad sportsmanship, in my opinion, to try to water down the field to protect our little darlings from real competition. :disagree:

Not to mention it's not good for THEM to do so. They need to see how they match up in the real world if they're to build the mental toughness it takes to win! jmho

fairly4

Medalist
Mathman,

Thank you for the answer but I wonder about you math.
why 10% of 200,000 is $20,000 for Rachel, Caroline, Jeremy and Evan and 15% of 200,000 is $30,000 for Tanith & Ben and Denny & Barrett.
If you count in the supposed $10,000 they received for the gala the amount comes to $30,000 for the above mention single skaters and $40,000 for the above mention teams.

Anyways thanks for the information.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Not to mention it's not good for THEM to do so. They need to see how they match up in the real world if they're to build the mental toughness it takes to win! jmho

For some host federations, the most important thing in the GP is to make the GPF. To ensure that happens, those hosts carefully select skaters/teams that their own skaters/teams will be able to beat.