Kimmie | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Kimmie

DarkestMoon

On the Ice
I seriously wasn't expecting anyone to risk skating to the same music Sasha skated to the former Olympic season. Why would you even want to be compared to her? Anyway, I really hope she'll keep her SP music; I thought her SP was breathtaking! Any news on that??

Yes. She confirmed it today. She will be keeping Un Ange Passe.

I've heard the full version of Un Ange Passe and I'm kind of curious why Lori didn't just cut that as her FS. Truth to be told, Alain Lefebrve's composition towards the end wasn't too.... inspiring but it could have been cleverly cut to disguise that.

McWicked

On the Ice
Thanks! Nice video. Her ballet teacher seems so nice, I would love to work with him! I think it is a good idea for her to keep up the ballet training.

I don't want to be mean..but who else thinks Kimmie could lose a few pounds after watching this?

:rofl: You made my day!!!

Actually it's more muscle in her legs than anything... her body is more womanly too. Sadly, I still dont see those jumps together...

Thank you so much McWicked for the link! Go Kimmie!:rock:

Anytime. What do you think about the jumps??? I still dont see much improvement, they're not high enough :eek:hwell:

Last edited by a moderator:
L

LKR722

I don't want to be mean..but who else thinks Kimmie could lose a few pounds after watching this?

I think Kimmie looks in good shape.:clap: I know you are not trying to be mean, but Kimmie is a taller girl and has always had a lot of muscle from training in the gym. She is not going to look petite and tiny like say Sasha or Caroline (Who is taller now but does not have as much muscle definition)

L

LKR722

Anytime. What do you think about the jumps??? I still dont see much improvement, they're not high enough :eek:hwell:

Its hard to say based on the few attempts in the video. Yes, her jumps could be a little higher. I'm still holding out hope for her though.

Andalusia

Final Flight

Thanks for the clip.

Gyula is so supportive and endearing. :) It's good to see Kimmie is working with a ballet instructor. Her jumps still look a little jerky and some of them might have been UR, but hopefully she'll have that sorted out by the time the new season starts.

Her physique looks the same as it's always been, but I agree that her thighs look a tad more muscular. Whatever it is, she looks fit and happy. Go, Kimmie!

McWicked

On the Ice
Its hard to say based on the few attempts in the video. Yes, her jumps could be a little higher. I'm still holding out hope for her though.

Same here, I just want her 2do good so badly *sigh*

Thanks for the clip.

Gyula is so supportive and endearing. :) It's good to see Kimmie is working with a ballet instructor. Her jumps still look a little jerky and some of them might have been UR, but hopefully she'll have that sorted out by the time the new season starts.

Her physique looks the same as it's always been, but I agree that her thighs look a tad more muscular. Whatever it is, she looks fit and happy. Go, Kimmie!

Just what I was thinking...

Last edited by a moderator:
She looks wonderful, IMO. I'm just worried about the jumps.

The dance instructor was charming but I'll be danged if that was ballet he was doing with her. :confused: More like boxing (the hops). Still, she may have looked a little more elegant. But I don't think style is her issue any more. She looked quite artistic to me in the last couple of seasons when she had good programs.

R.D.

Record Breaker
I wouldn't read so much into a little video like that. We're still in the middle of the skating off-season.

merrybari

Final Flight
As I was reading back through this thread it suddenly occurred to me to wonder. Does anyone know if she's at Champs Camp this week?

Andalusia

Final Flight
As I was reading back through this thread it suddenly occurred to me to wonder. Does anyone know if she's at Champs Camp this week?

Probably not, since only Teams A and B skaters are invited to Champs Camp and Kimmie is in the Team C envelope this year.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong about this. ;)

DarkestMoon

On the Ice
Probably not, since only Teams A and B skaters are invited to Champs Camp and Kimmie is in the Team C envelope this year.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong about this. ;)

She's confirmed that she isn't there.

With all this talk of weight, it's really not a surprise that she injured herself running on the treadmill in January.

janetfan

Match Penalty
She's confirmed that she isn't there.

With all this talk of weight, it's really not a surprise that she injured herself running on the treadmill in January.

Hmmm, I looked at the clip and thought Kimmie looked good. Very fit and athletic. Skinny, no. Strong, yes.

HCOSurfer

Final Flight
I really hope Kimmie comes back strong next season, she looks to be in great shape. Does anyone else think that her 2A-3T that she did in the video would be ratified in an actual competition?

gold12345

Medalist
I really hope Kimmie comes back strong next season, she looks to be in great shape. Does anyone else think that her 2A-3T that she did in the video would be ratified in an actual competition?

Who knows. Sometimes I think Zhang's 3F-3Ts look fully rotated and they still don't get ratified. If Kimmie continues to land her 2A-3T that well, she might as well go for it and see what the judges do.