Skater's Edge Newsletter--49 of 50 total issues | Golden Skate

Skater's Edge Newsletter--49 of 50 total issues

pingu2004

Spectator
Hi. I have all but one of the editions of Skater's Edge, a newsletter published for 10 years, between 1991 and 2001. Each issue is 16 pages (I think all of them are this length) and they include detailed descriptions of skating technique, exercises, training methodology, etc., as well as bulletins on skating news of the time. The missing edition is March/April 1997 (Volume 6, #4), but the remaining 49 issues are all present and accounted for.

Many of the issues are 3-hole punched in a binder, which I purchased as a back-issue binder. The rest are loose. Most of them are in excellent-to-perfect condition, but a few have been folded over, then refolded. One issue (Sept/Oct 1998) has the coupon cut off of the back, which doesn't affect any articles--there was an ad on one side and the address label on the reverse.

There's an 8-year index of subjects included, as well.

I really have no idea what this is worth. The magazine cost $20/year, so there're $200-worth of issues here. How about $80 + shipping? It weighs over 6 pounds, probably 7 with packing materials. Let me know if you're interested and we'll try to work something out.

I have a 100% positive feedback rating on ebay--my user name is "miffyskate," but I thought it'd be difficult to try and sell this there, since it's such a specialty item.

Thanks for looking. I'll get back to you as quickly as possible if you have questions.

Update 5/29/09: Sold.

Last edited:

littlefootann

Spectator

I can't afford $80 right now but if you don't sell them in a few weeks let me know. I am a coach and need as many resources as I can get.

pingu2004

Spectator
Hi littlefootann,

Perhaps you didn't see this, since I put it at the bottom of the original post, but I sold the Skater's Edge newsletters a couple of weeks ago.

Hope you find other copies when you're ready to buy them.

best --pingu2004--