• Sarah Meier 2009 World LP dress

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Caroline Kostner 2006 Olympic LP snowflake dress

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gocaroline

On the Ice
I tried to post a poll in Voting Booth section. However I could only post a new thread but no poll, even though I did choose to link a poll with the thread. What did I miss?

And I also accidently create two same threads under voting booth. How can I delete one of them? Thanks!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
You have to ask a moderator to delete a thread. However, you can add a poll any time to a thread. However at GS, well like all polls to be in the Voting Booth folder.

I added one to your Lady costume thread. If you edit your first post on the thread, you should be able to edit the poll to have the choices you intended.

Try adding a poll to this thread for practice! You start the thread. Then you can add your poll.

Click on Thread Tools in the top bar. Pick Add A poll from the list that drops down. Change the number of options from 2 to the number you want. Hit update to add the extra blanks. Type in your question, and the options you want. Put the close after number of days at 0 to keep the poll open indefinitely.

At the bottom, check multiple answers if you want to allow them. Click Preview to see if it looks right. Then click submit new poll & you're done!

Last edited:

gocaroline

On the Ice
I just saw that you helped me with the lady costume poll. Thanks so much! I will try practice here later. I like the voting booth, it's really fun:love:

Wicked

Final Flight
You have to ask a moderator to delete a thread. However, you can add a poll any time to a thread. However at GS, well like all polls to be in the Voting Booth folder.

I added one to your Lady costume thread. If you edit your first post on the thread, you should be able to edit the poll to have the choices you intended.

Try adding a poll to this thread for practice! You start the thread. Then you can add your poll.

Click on Thread Tools in the top bar. Pick Add A poll from the list that drops down. Change the number of options from 2 to the number you want. Hit update to add the extra blanks. Type in your question, and the options you want. Put the close after number of days at 0 to keep the poll open indefinitely.

At the bottom, check multiple answers if you want to allow them. Click Preview to see if it looks right. Then click submit new poll & you're done!

Doris, I read the above directions but when I try to start a new thread in the Voting Booth, I don't get the thread tools. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

When you start a new thread you won't see a "Thread Tools" button at the top yet, until the thread is created. Instead, if you want to include a poll when you start a new thread, scroll all the way down past the first "Submit Thread" down to "Miscellaneous Options." You can enter your poll there. Don't forget to specify how many possible answers you want before leavng that page.

Then click on the "Submit" button at the very bottom. This will take you to a new page where you can put in your poll.

After the thread has been established, then you can go back and use "edit poll" on the right if you want to change it. However, as far as I can tell you cannot increase the number of possible answers beyond the amount that you specified at first. (You can, though, specify "ten answers" and if you only use five of them in the poll than you can go back and add some more.)

If you start a thread and hit the first "submit" button without doing a poll, then you can latyer open the thread and add a poll with "Thread Tools." It should be the fourth option under Thread Tools, but it will only turn on for a thread that is already in existence and does not already have a poll.

Anyway, that's how it is supposed to work. :) Be sure your cookies are enabled.

Last edited: