Just a Question | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Just a Question

^ I predict Rachael. They should give it to her anyway just because they robbed her in the last two. :)

Next, Caroline. Also robbed in the last two. :laugh:

Bronze, Mirai. :yes:

Particle Man

Match Penalty
Publicity is a funny thing. NBC wants Sasha because Sasha gets a lot of publicity. Therefore NBC will give Sasha lots of publicity. Therefore... Like a celebrity who is famous for being famous.

"Sasha is famous for being famous"? .....

"Sasha won't be at nationals"?

Any other genius bits of wisdom to share? :sheesh:

Sasha does not have the long legs required for a Ballet company. For skating I think YuNa has the longest legs with Kimmie close by.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Either Caroline or Rachael will win.
Or possibly Mirai, Alissa or Ashley
Or if she is there, possibly Sasha.
I am sure one of the above six skaters will win.

Obviously I have no idea who will win.
It is way too early for such predictions.
Since you started the thread why not share your predictions?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
wow, she's really let herself go... :sheesh:

(and if anyone thinks I seriously believe she's fat, smack yourself. I'm being sarcastic)

fairly4

Medalist
I agree with you about those shoe, not a fan,
however as far as her coming back, i sincerely doubt it.
I know she practices when she can according to the website, but this is the first time that I know of that she has been seen at other shows, games , golfing in about the same month.
early may-golfing at a charity event for the kidney foundation, week later seen at la laker game, in denver, seen at american idol. yes she may practice but for competition practice i personnally don't think so.
yes I know she was busy in earlier years, but she went out of her way to make time to practice to stay in competition form, both mentally and physically.
i don't see her making the same commitment now mentally at least (not that i know what she is doing) but it seems she is everywhere this month.
personnally i am glad she is so happy and content with what she is doing for herself.

katiedear

Rinkside
senior ladies

I loved Sasha's skating with the flexibility before she left John Nicks a few years ago. Her line and style are breathtaking. The fact she falls and doesn't rotate is a problem especially going into the Olympics. I think Rachael has good technique but needs programs to bring out her style. I think right now she is the most consistant and landing the jumps is ultimately important. Alissa has bad technique and under pressure this hurts her jumps. I think Kimmie and Emily are long shots.

Will Sasha stay focused and not fall? Will Arutunian get her a proper Lutz? Will she skate to music that has variety in it? Those are just some of the questions answered, I hope when I see her skate.

btw. She does follow the same route as MK. Do you think she will use Spartacus?

R.D.

Record Breaker
I think right now [Rachel's] the most consistant(sic) and landing the jumps is ultimately important. Alissa has bad technique and under pressure this hurts her jumps. I think Kimmie and Emily are long shots.

Yes, I agree. But there are too many things that can happen with this crop, save injuries. Nagasu could re-appear as a top contender, Zhang might fix some of her problems, Alyssa could actually stand up under the pressure of an Olympic year (not likely), Rachel could slip up, Meissner could pull it together, or Wagner could be strong in BOTH segments of the competition. It all comes down to the best of the best, who's left standing, or who falls the least.