So You Think You Can Dance 2009 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

So You Think You Can Dance 2009

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I think that was the point they were trying to make... You could tell Nigel was not happy they'd brought him back through to his round again.

heyang

Record Breaker
I think that was the point they were trying to make... You could tell Nigel was not happy they'd brought him back through to his round again.

I don't know if they would have aired him if not for that faux throwdown between him and the other guy.

I believe Nigel is one of the producers; so, he does have say in this. Even if they bring him out on stage, he could tell them not to air the footage.

If anything, it seems that Sex was non-confrontational, as compared to other seasons. So, I think it was deliberate - they told him, we're not going to air you, but then when the other guy tried out, they saw an opportunity and went to Sex and said 'well, if you do..., you'll be on TV.'

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think Nigel said this is the last time they were going to give him time on the show, too. Right?
I thought last year they said they weren't going to have him on the show ....ever again. Nigel said last year he wasn't going to call him Sex anymore and called him David. One thing you can say about David (AKA Sex) is he doesn't give up easily. :biggrin:

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Did anyone catch the show last night? I thought all the dancers were really good, maybe the best starting season thus far. I was so excited to see Louie from DWTS doing choreography this year. One of the contestants, Jason, is from the Fresno, Ca. area, so I was voting for him along with several other couples. Should be a great season...........42

Did anyone catch the show last night? I thought all the dancers were really good, maybe the best starting season thus far. I was so excited to see Louie from DWTS doing choreography this year. One of the contestants, Jason, is from the Fresno, Ca. area, so I was voting for him along with several other couples. Should be a great season...........42
Hi Show - I did catch it last night and learned that all the competitors have been in professional shows - even one young many is in ballet. I'm not against their competing but it is difficult to come up with a "best dancer". They are all good and I enjoy watching them.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Show I watched and yes I agree the dancers were terriffic. I think it's going to be hard to send someone home.

I thought the couple who got did the silent movie routine got a bad draw. They couldn't really do much with it and ended up looking sort of blah compared to the others, even though that girl is one of my favorites.

merrywidow

Record Breaker
If I had to pick a favorite dancer I'd choose Jason. He was terrific in the Bollywood routine. I agree, tho, that this is the best cast they've ever had & it will be hard to see most of them eliminated.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Hi Show - I did catch it last night and learned that all the competitors have been in professional shows - even one young many is in ballet. I'm not against their competing but it is difficult to come up with a "best dancer". They are all good and I enjoy watching them.

they're not looking for the BEST dancer, they're looking for "America's FAVORITE dancer" which has ALWAYS been their tagline.

and not all of the dancers have been in shows... AFAIK. You have a couple of hip hoppers that haven't IIRC... I think ALL of them have taken dance classes this time around, though. which is new.

heyang

Record Breaker
This is definitely one of the stronger top 20's for SYTYCD.

I agree that the Hot Honey Rag routine was tough to do, but that's the challenge. The judges said it was technically great, but lacked performance quality. Hard to disagree with that. It was also tough to come after Phillip in a hip hop routine - it might've come off better after the 2nd hip hop routine.

I did pick the bottom 3 and the 2 eliminated. Must mean I'm watching too much of this stuff.

Next season, the producers have to do a better job with helping us get to know the top 20 - it was 'uneven' and therefore, some have the advantage of being 'known' before the actual competition begins. Phillip and Brandon got a lot of air time beforehand - even Tony got air time with his 'Nigel' solo during Vegas week. One of the blondes got air time becauase her sister also competed, another for her ugly unitards, Asuko stands out because she's Asian + she was the last female into the top 20. Other guys like Vitilio, Ade, etc - I don't remember them at all with regards to any real air time until now.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I thought the couple who got did the silent movie routine got a bad draw. They couldn't really do much with it and ended up looking sort of blah compared to the others, even though that girl is one of my favorites.

It's too bad because the choreography and concept were both cleaver. I think Evan would have done it more justice. The couple who danced it were not up to the task. I don't think they "got it."

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
OMG! Shane Sparks is back (choreography at least!)!!!!!!!!!!! *fan girl squee!*

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
OMG! Shane Sparks is back (choreography at least!)!!!!!!!!!!! *fan girl squee!*
I was glad to see him back too!!!

Has anyone connected with any of the dancers yet??? I haven't yet.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Shane's the only reason I tuned into America's Best Dance Crew on MTV.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I like Caitlyn and her partner, I think it's Ryan. Love Jason too. So excited to see Louie doing routines for the kids. He's the best! 42

heyang

Record Breaker
I just think that this season has really strong dancers. At this time, I think a guy will win again.

I loved Vitilio and Asuka's waltz last night. I was actually surprised when I had tears at the very end - they just came out during the last seconds of their performance. It was my favorite of the night.

As compared to last week, this one was 'weaker'. I didn't get overly enthusiastic about as many of the routines. The 2 hip hop performances were really bad as compared to other episodes in all the seasons of SYTYCD.

I think the producers really need to even out air time during the auditions, etc. Guys like Phillip and Evan have an advantage because all their earlier air time equated to forming fan bases before the competition officially started. For their dancing, both of them should have been in the bottom 3 this week, but they were saved as favorites of the voters. Even Brandon has a following after the beatings he got from Mia - I'm sure some voted for him just to make sure he sticks around long enough to hopefully get choreo'd by Mia. Females Caitlin, Megan, Janette, Asuka, and the naughty ballerina also stood got air time during the pre-comp rounds, but for some reason, the ladies don't pop out as much personality-wise. Anyway, the ones that didn't get much airtime pre-comp are at a disadvantage.

Evan's brother Ryan is already in the lead for season 6, as far as I'm concerned. Between the airtime during pre-comp rounds and seeing him audition again, he's totally recognizable by the SYTYCD fans as far as I'm concerned. I really like the guy, but it is unfair to the other competitiors.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
did I watch the results show this week? I don't think I did (and I just realized that!) who got voted off?

heyang

Record Breaker
did I watch the results show this week? I don't think I did (and I just realized that!) who got voted off?

Bottom 3 were Ashley/Kupono, Caitlin/Jason and Kayla/Max. The 1st 2 were correct picks since neither did hip hop well.

Max (ballroom dancer - he samba'd last during week 1 and this week was in the Brian Freeman contemporary routine where he overthrew the princess.)

& Ashley - she was paired with Kupono, pulled off Shane's hip hop better than K.

So, there's a new team Kupono & Kayla.