I Might Be Getting Paid to Attend the 2010 Olympics | Golden Skate

I Might Be Getting Paid to Attend the 2010 Olympics

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
We were just informed the other day at work that our University may shut down during the Olympics here in Vancouver because our parking will be rented out to VANOC as a park and ride. Therefore, they are requesting we either take our vacations or an unpaid leave of absence during the games. I can't afford a leave so don't mind taking my vacation. Our employer is also going to acquire some tickets for our purchase - I am going to find out if any figure skating tickets are available. Hey I don't mind "going to work" and watching figure skating at the same time!!!

Boy, oh boy. You've had your share of job problems, but this time you hit the jackpot (if it works out according to your hopes). Couldn't happen to a better person. :clap:

gocaroline

On the Ice
You are so lucky! I really wish I could go, but the hotel expense would be just too much. Hope you can get the skating ticket and have a great time! And please post here if you can share:clap:

We were just informed the other day at work that our University may shut down during the Olympics here in Vancouver because our parking will be rented out to VANOC as a park and ride. Therefore, they are requesting we either take our vacations or an unpaid leave of absence during the games. I can't afford a leave so don't mind taking my vacation. Our employer is also going to acquire some tickets for our purchase - I am going to find out if any figure skating tickets are available. Hey I don't mind "going to work" and watching figure skating at the same time!!!
You have the time now to volunteer for the Games, and be part of the family. You must,however stress Figure Skating for your duties, otherwise they will put you out in wiles of cross country skiing.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Or worse, biathlon-cross country skiing coupled with standing around and shooting.

What a wonderful opportunity!

If you attend any of the skating events, I hope you will tell us all about the experience.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
hey shooting is fun! :) (not too keen on the x-country skiing... me has bad balance!)

jp1andonly

Rinkside
haha..volunteer for figure skating...good luck. Only if you are in the inner circle of certain people will you be allowed. Plus you would have had to do 4 continents because thats where they are getting their volunteers from

All universities will be shut down..UBC for sure...students are taking their Feb break. SFU is probably done as well.

Ladskater

Record Breaker
I probably will take my vacation as I want to avoid the traffic woes. I was just kidding about attending the Olympics - I won't be able to afford to go. I will be watching the Olympics from the comfort of my home....

:biggrin:

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
I probably will take my vacation as I want to avoid the traffic woes. I was just kidding about attending the Olympics - I won't be able to afford to go. I will be watching the Olympics from the comfort of my home....

And how sad is it that you will have the best seats in town?!? One day, when I'm in charge, sporting events will not be so darn expensive...

jp1andonly

Rinkside
I dont blame ya. I have a feeling the vancouver school board has under estimated what an impact it will have on the schoolkids...especailly highschool who rely on public transit to get to/from school

Ladskater

Record Breaker
I dont blame ya. I have a feeling the vancouver school board has under estimated what an impact it will have on the schoolkids...especailly highschool who rely on public transit to get to/from school

My husband will be taking two weeks off as he commutes to North Vancouver for work. I will find out next week about our closure at work. It's going to be an ugly commute for most of us here in the lower mainland - it already is even without the Olympics.

:eek:hwell: