Michelle skating in the ABC Winter Challenge? | Golden Skate

Michelle skating in the ABC Winter Challenge?

sk8ing_lady2001

Final Flight
Cool! Then I'd get to see Michelle, Irina, and the others. It would be nice to be able to go see them live, as I don't think Auburn Hills is that far from my home state. :D

serenity

On the Ice
When I go to these kind of events I like to bring my big leather coat. It comes in handy for us short ppl( 5'1") to sit on to see above the tall ppl.
Hope you get good seats.

sk8er1964

On the Ice
sk8ing_lady2001 said:
Cool! Then I'd get to see Michelle, Irina, and the others. It would be nice to be able to go see them live, as I don't think Auburn Hills is that far from my home state. :D

Auburn Hills is about an hour away from Detroit Metro Airport.

I went last year and enjoyed it - I'll probably go again this year.

amykaren

On the Ice
I am going even though I live on the other side of the state-takes me 2 1/2 hours. I went last year and loved it because it is so rare to be able to see live competitions. I also liked watching it on TV and saying thats where I was sitting, that looked better in person, ect. The Palace was super easy to get in and out of-no major traffic jam.

I hope Michelle is there!!!;)

Lipinskifan19

Rinkside
nymkfan51 said:
This is great news!!!
It makes me think that she will be going to Nationals!
I'd be really surprised if she didn't go. I'm sure she'll be there.
I'm so jealous of you people who get to see skating live!

Lucy25

Final Flight
I am so glad I checked the Palace website today! I was at work and had a free minute, so I went on the net to check the news and for some reason this competition popped in my head. Last year I missed when tickets went on sale and I was late in ordering them. Must have been fate this year! I certainly was not expecting to see Michelle's name there. I am very excited to go already, although December is so far away, and God knows I do not want it to be winter yet! I am crossing my fingers everyone on the roster will be there!

sk8er1964

On the Ice
Lucy25 said:
Actually, it's only about 35 minutes. Hope that sounds better! :)

Ok, I'm a true blue west-sider. Anything east of Telegraph is an hour or more from anywhere I might be :laugh: . Probably nobody else will get this post, but hopefully you will :D .

Sk8ter1964, I got it. I live in NW Detroit. From my house it takes me 35 minutes to get to Metro and 35 minutes to get to the Palace (in the other direction). Lucy must really be a leadfoot driver!

Mathman

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Gee Mathman you mean you're not inviting us all up to stay with you and Mrs. Mathman for this? We promise to be on our best behavior.;) ;) ;)

Piel

Lucy25

Final Flight
I admit to being somewhat of a leadfoot, although I haven't gotten a ticket yet! :laugh: Seriously, I live about 10 minutes north west of The Palace and it only takes me 35-40 minutes to get to Detroit Metro, and 30 minutes to downtown Detroit, depending on time of day. I live very close to all the major roads (I-75, Woodward, and Telegraph) If it's a weekday and between 3-6, all bets are off, though.

Joe - I hearby promise that Golden Skate Forum will be the first place I report on the net. I am sure someone will be reporting live (like they did at Campbells), but you can expect my review within 40 minutes of the end of the competition.

Mathman - I feel so honored to live within 50 minutes of you! :) Well, at least how I drive. ;)

Afterparty at my house, 12:00-??? Togas optional. I invited Michelle, but she hasn't RSVPed yet.

I wonder who will actually skate. I see that Alexei Y., Irina S. and Elena S. are all scheduled. But they have all faced health challenges this year, so maybe they won't be able to skate. I hope they add Jenny Kirk (who lives only about 10 minutes from the Palace).

Mathman

nymkfan51

Medalist
I'm glad you guys will be there to give us reports!
Darn it all ... wish I could go ... but going to Nationals has put me WAY over budget as it is. :laugh:

Mathman,
Just promise to be a good Mathman and not throw your panties (or boxers) on the ice after Michelle skates. We wouldn't want her donating those to sick children.

Seriously, I'm sure they'll have a great line up and you all will see a lot of great skating.
Rgirl

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
^^^Rgirl-LOL!! That was good. Take her advice okay?! :laugh:

I hope everyone who gets to go this has a great time and reports on everything after the event is over! Including the after party, LOL ;)

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Wow Yags is going to be busy - he will be in Vancouver, BC for the World Team Challenge on Dec. 3. I hope he is not pushing himself too much!

IIRC, two years ago when I went to this event it was sponsored by Hershey's, and the skaters threw Hershey's kisses to the crowd afterward. Last year it was sponsored by Chevrolet, and they threw little Chevrolet beanbag thingies.

This year I see that one of the sponsors is Cottonelle toilet paper.

Mathman

Last edited: