Grand Prix 2009 Entries are up! | Golden Skate

Grand Prix 2009 Entries are up!

R.D.

Record Breaker
Thanks. I posted it in the other GP thread as well. I was going to start a new thread but you beat me to the punch.

IF everyone shows up, yikes for TEB. That's easily the toughest field of all of them. I mean, YuNa, Mao, Nakano, Zhang - as well as Cohen and Kostner. Sort of like a mini-worlds if one thinks about it.

Muses:

Meissner gets Russia and Japan. Both fields have top competitors but other than that shouldn't be too tough.

Cohen faces the reigning World Champ at both of her GP events. If she expects to be competitive, no better way to test yourself than to face the cream of the current crop.

I noticed Gilles and Bereswill have GP events. Guess they moved up from Juniors.

Czisny already has two GPs so looks like she's not going to get the TBD spot at SA.

Last edited:

sigrid

On the Ice
I'll be on TEB :rock::rock::rock::rock:

The ladies competition will be amazing :) and there'll be a lot of skaters that I love :biggrin:

wishmaker

Rinkside
Thanks for the link, EHDTKQORL123. Can you explain more about "...that Japan didn't call Mao". What's the news?

LeCygne

Final Flight
Oh gosh, Caroline pretty much has the toughest GP's out of all the US ladies.. That sucks... And wow, she has the same exact events as last year.

Last edited:

seniorita

Record Breaker
wow TEB women and NHK men rock...
I will go to TEB for sure!
Hmm many 'retired' got two invitations as I see..Cohen, Shen and Zhao, who else?
They sent Chan to Russia and Jouby overseas...:rolleye:

Plushy name on the board..:biggrin: dont wake me up...

dlarry1

Rinkside
my Mac is downloading the files from ISU as .php files, and I can't open them. Any advice, or does someone know of another way they are posted?

seniorita

Record Breaker
I can make them jpeg or anything and upload them somewhere if you want:)
Can I post here links of picasa or mediafire or something?

Bruin714

On the Ice
This season, not going to the Grand Prix Finals might be a good thing. Where is the Grand Prix Finals this year?

Caroline's tough assignments, facing the best of the best, should help her prepare for the Nationals and Olympics.

Wrlmy

Medalist
Whoa! Gotta give it to Shen/Zhao for coming back without endless media-whoring (BUT I LOVE YOU SASHA!)

Holy TEB ladies field! What did French fed get for booking the last place for their own lady?

Sasha got two assignments!

It's official! Daisuke is coming back!! And so is Plushenko

I just realized Yuna always gets the toughest assignment. Sucks to come from a weak fed, isn't it?

Mao is competing back-to-back. I'm worried she might be way exhausted.

On what basis Bebe merits a gp assignment over Angela? Btw, is the undecided SA spot reserved for MK or possibly Angela or Kristine?

Joannie will glide through gp. Competition is pretty minimal. I'm not insinuating anything of course:p

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Phew, Shawn Sawyer received 2 GP assignments! :biggrin: I was worried he'd only get one.

Hmm, I wonder who the 3rd Canadian guy will be for SC. :think:

Sylvia

Record Breaker
On what basis Bebe merits a gp assignment over Angela? Btw, is the undecided SA spot reserved for MK or possibly Angela or Kristine?
The Skate America ladies' TBA will most likely either be Kwan (IF she decides she wants to come back) or one of the 3 U.S. ladies with 1 GP (Alexe Gilles, Becky Bereswill, Bebe Liang). Gilles (9th) finished the highest among the 3 of them at '09 Nationals. Angela Maxwell is slated to return to the JGP from what I've heard, along with the Shibutanis (no surprise) and Richard Dornbush. (These were the U.S. skaters guaranteed 1 Sr. GP if they wanted to move up.) ETA: Kristine Musademba should be back on the JGP as well.

Last edited:

ehdtkqorl123

On the Ice
Thanks for the link, EHDTKQORL123. Can you explain more about "...that Japan didn't call Mao". What's the news?

Well, AFAIK Japanese federation has been supporting Mao for Olympics so they always invited her to NHK, but this time they didn't even though they could..

pippa

Rinkside
I just realized Yuna always gets the toughest assignment. Sucks to come from a weak fed, isn't it?

As current World Champion, Yu-Na got to pick her two GP assignments for next season. She didn't get stuck with anything and her federation had nothing to do with it.