Michelle: Will She Return? | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Michelle: Will She Return?

MKFSfan

Medalist
I thought there have been rumors swirling of Michelle working with an unnamed coach???

Well, just for fun, who should she skate with??? I vote Scott Williams. He is HOT!! :love:

I vote for Tom Z. in Colorado who had such an amazing season last year. He just lost one top skater so he has room. Michelle knows Colorado. And skating with Rachael would be mutually beneficial - inspiring in different ways.

MKbeauty

Rinkside
re. Twitter

Michelle wrote on twitter she would hold a press conference in June, so this must be a new rumor.

I don't post much but just wanted to inform you that MK doesn't Twitter; that person is a fake unfortunately (it was confirmed by her reps).

Also, I really don't see what harm it does if MK does get SA; considering there are 3 US entries in every GP (most w/ 2 assignments), I think the young ones are getting their chance. Others have questioned why Alissa didn't get SA - I read on another Board that she requested Skate Canada, not Skate America.

nylynnr

On the Ice
I don't post much but just wanted to inform you that MK doesn't Twitter; that person is a fake unfortunately (it was confirmed by her reps).

Also, I really don't see what harm it does if MK does get SA; considering there are 3 US entries in every GP (most w/ 2 assignments), I think the young ones are getting their chance. Others have questioned why Alissa didn't get SA - I read on another Board that she requested Skate Canada, not Skate America.

I agree -- I think MK should get SA IF she decides to compete. And I think there will be some kind of announcement in June.

In the meantime, last month Michelle gave the welcoming address at the eleventh annual meeting of the C-100 Conference, a mentoring event organized by prominent Chinese-Americans in government, business and public life.

Here she is chatting up Mr. Chris Lu, President Obama’s cabinet secretary (liaison between the White House and the Cabinet).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v676/Synnabun/MICHELLEKWAN/2009CO100-06.jpg

Or maybe she is planning to join the Navy.

http://www.uploads.cc/files/view/482/DC20917_s.jpg

Thanks to attendee “eventerbess” and to Grace on MK forum. Here is the link to the thread.

http://www.mkforum.net/forum/showthread.php?t=22238

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I thought there have been rumors swirling of Michelle working with an unnamed coach???

Why not go back to Rafeal Artunian, her old coach? now that would cause enough drama to completely eclipse johnny vs. evan.
;)

janetfan

Match Penalty
Why not go back to Rafeal Artunian, her old coach? now that would cause enough drama to completely eclipse johnny vs. evan.
;)

That would be something :) but there are enough coaches in SoCal for Michelle to get a bit of help if she feels she needs it.
Is there still a Johnny vs Evan?

MKFSfan

Medalist
Haha...I doubt that will work! Sounds like they didn't leave on bad terms by any means (he did ask her before taking on Mao) but it doesn't sound like it was the right match. He did help her jump-wise, but I don't think he liked she couldn't do full run-throughs, compete a full season and trained on her home ice (complained the ice was too hard for her). Granted, they got together during a very painful time, but while he called her the greatest gift from God, he sounded frustrated at times with how much she could do on a given day.

TripletA

Rinkside
If she doesn't skate GPs, for whatever reason, must she skate Sectionals to qualify for US Nats.

I am hoping if she is coming back that she will know she needs to skate in a few competitions before Nationals to see where she stands. I can't see her not being smart enough to be prepared.

Personally, I doubt she will skate competitions this season. She doesn't even have a coach.

She doesn't have a coach that you know of. For all we know she has a coach.

As for coaches. I say she goes full circle and comes back to Frank Carroll. What an ending that would make if she ended in Gold.

It's always pleasant to see a retired favorite return to competition, if only to see the favorite skate again. When 2 such skaters and who were formerly rivals return and compete against each other there is excitement in the air. If both make it to the Olys, I will predict neither will get gold or silver, at their best.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Maybe not, but NBC will sure still to make us believe there is. :laugh:

In past years that happened but the men's field has expanded and it was Jeremy and Brandon who skated past Evan last season at Natls and not Johnny. Plus Rippon may emerge as a podium contender this season. Anyway, give some credit to Johnny for patching up his little feud with Evan.
I would expect for NBC to focus on "Olympic dreams" as a theme, with special coverage on Evan's chances and coverage of the emerging skaters this season. I haven't seen much of Rippon - but many claim he may have a much greater "it" factor than either Evan or Johnny. If that is the case NBC will try and showcase it.
Johnny most likely will be presented as the aging veteran on the comeback trail hoping for a last shot at Olympic glory. The public loves that sort of story and it would be a better angle than the feud, which has been a total ratings disaster.
If Michelle returns - and manages to make it to Vancouver that would naturally be THE STORY.
I don't think that will happen though.

Last edited:

antmanb

Record Breaker
I would expect for NBC to focus on "Olympic dreams" as a theme, with special coverage on Evan's chances and coverage of the emerging skaters this season. I haven't seen much of Rippon - but many claim he may have a much greater "it" factor than either Evan or Johnny. If that is the case NBC will try and showcase it.

I think Rippon looked very promising on the GP last year (the only time i saw him skate). But he seemed very young to me. I preferred him and his skating style much more than what i saw of Mroz at worlds. Who knows what changes will occur in the off season but i think the men's field in the US is wide open (as it is on the international level). I think Rippon (for my personal taste) needs to have a more mature style to really stand out this season.

Ant