How Alissa can make the Grand Prix finals | Golden Skate

How Alissa can make the Grand Prix finals

Alissa has Russia and Canada.

At the Russian event, she faces challenges from Asada, Ando, Leonova, Poykio, Sebestyen, Meissner and Wagner. Only Asada and Ando seem beyond reach. She could get a bronze.

At Skate Canada, the top non-Americans are Rochette and Lepisto. She could beat one or the other for the silver.

(Fly in the ointment: Zhang and Nagasu are also at Skate Canada.

Is this a pipe dream, or is anything possible?

Anything is possible. Rochette could get the flu, Zhang could grow another 2 inches, and Nagasu could suddenly announce she's skating for North Korea. :rofl:

Seriously, Alissa should stay focused and get ready. You never know. :rock:

dannyascii

On the Ice
It's a shame because Alissa really is just as good as any of those skaters when she's "on." She needs programs like her 2009 SP or 2007 FS: programs that really highlight her light skating quality and spins. I didn't like her 2009 FS
That said, only way she's gonna make it is A) if she is able to stay "on" for both competitions (unlikely). B) Every other lady skater except Alissa is stricken with the plague (equally unlikely).
I'm rooting for her though. Maybe she'll be able to keep it together this season

I think I spoke rudely about Alissa - I didn't mean to be sarcastic at all. But she's so erratic that I prefer to watch her without expectations. It will be so nice if she exceeds them!

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
Alissa started out very strong last season, then faltered later. She might squeek in, but it's not likely.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Alissa has a problem getting through her FS without doubling or underrotating one or more of her jumps. She is capable of medaling in a weak field, but bronze may be her top hope in each of her two events. Two bronze medals will not get her into the final.

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
Well, to answer the original question, Alissa can make the Final by winning Skate Canada, as can Caroline.