Evgeni Plushenko: Back to the Future | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Evgeni Plushenko: Back to the Future

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Great interview with Plushenko. Thanks.

This fan is looking forward to his return.

Koboldspike

Rinkside
painting

For me personally, seniorita, it is an image I have, in my mind, of an exquisite painting I saw once. Unfortunately, it was way too expensive for my budget, but that didn't stop me from eyeing it whenever I got the chance until the day it was sold. :cry:

It was an antique painting of two celestial human figures (a man & a woman) wearing long flowing diaphanous garb, skating what appeared to be a heavenly setting ~ firmament ~ that, to me, means to skate with the gods. :)

Wow, that description sounds marvellous. Who is the painter? Any chance of obtaining a repro/poster? I would really like to buy one.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Thanks for the article! I´m very happy for Plushenko that he now has a fiancée, who is interested in figure skating to support his skating..

Last edited:

Koboldspike

Rinkside
Thanks for the article! I´m very happy for Plushenko that he now has a fiancée, who is interested in figure skating to supports his skating..

Well, she is sooo much interested in figure skating that she talked about Evgeni beating Yagudin in Torino...:rofl: But good publicity is always nice, and seemingly she`s got a book out right now:p

nubka

Final Flight
i just wanna say thanx again for the article now I read it:), i really enjoyed it, that was a nice break, no dithyrambs for his comeback neither any negativity, simple and to the facts, it was beautiful writing, compliments to the chef :clap:
I like plushy attitude concerning nothing to lose, there will be another olympic champion eventually and stephan, he is really something else, whenever i read something on his blog, I miss his graciousness towards skating and his co athletes.

I like this phrase, what does it mean?:)

What is a "dithyramb"? :)

soogar

Record Breaker
Can you imagine he'd really be happy with the bronze?

In the end, a medal is a medal and there are only 3 awarded in the competition. Most of the competitors won't even receive a medal.

I like this interview. He is in the right frame of mind to attempt a successful comeback. Plushenko always took a lot of pride in his skating and no doubt is doing everything possible to get back to his former self. I'm very encouraged seeing some of the training videos of Plushenko. It's unfortunate that none of the men in this quad have yet to equal his consistency and sureness with the difficult jumps.