Rachael Flatt | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Rachael Flatt

soogar

Record Breaker
Are you really saying that Sasha, Fumie, and Sokolova are weak skaters?

Fumie and Sokolova are weak skaters- compared to Irina and Shizuka. Sasha just skated weak.

Either way Kimmie was a world champion and no one can take that away from her.

Why am I reading a lot of predictions of gold medals by ardent fans of the predictee. ;)

And why is it that no one ever sends a note that they were absolutely wrong that their favorite didn't win after the comp? :cool:

Best thing to do is enjoy the best skates. that night There are usually more than one, and then comment on who should have won.

MasterB

Final Flight
I'm curious; why do you think this?

I think this, because she has skated very solid in the past and has not received the marks for it. When she had her debut she did not have the same impact that Nam, Sasha, Nagasu, Sarah, Kwan or Caroline had. While she is strong she has no one quality that stands out. However, I do feel that people are starting to develop a serious respect for this girl.

At Nationals I don't know how she could keep her head up after Alissa won with only 3 triples. I would have been pissed. If next year she wins another silver she should go Bonaly(1994 Worlds) on them. I applaud her and I have always been a fan since I first saw her.

I remember Galindo once saying "if you skate strong enough they are bound to notice you" or something to that affect.

Bruin714

On the Ice
I think this, because she has skated very solid in the past and has not received the marks for it. When she had her debut she did not have the same impact that Nam, Sasha, Nagasu, Sarah, Kwan or Caroline had. While she is strong she has no one quality that stands out. However, I do feel that people are starting to develop a serious respect for this girl.

At Nationals I don't know how she could keep her head up after Alissa won with only 3 triples. I would have been pissed. If next year she wins another silver she should go Bonaly(1994 Worlds) on them. I applaud her and I have always been a fan since I first saw her.

I remember Galindo once saying "if you skate strong enough they are bound to notice you" or something to that affect.

:clap: GO BONALY! :rofl:

Nigel

On the Ice
:clap: GO BONALY! :rofl:

Maybe Bonaly is giving Flatt some pointers as Bonaly is in Colorado Springs helping out a skater who now skates for France and trains at the same rink as Flatt. :laugh:

Last edited: