Mai Asada | Golden Skate

Mai Asada

Welcome to the forum, 623. Thanks for bringing up a lovely skater that we haven't heard much about lately.

Rinkside
Hello,
First at all, sorry for my poor English. I hope you can understand me.

I wonder what is going on with Mai Asada now, whether she is going competing next season and if so, which turnaments she is going to participate in.

There is an information on Wikipedia that Mai placed 15th at recent Japanese Nationals. I thoght that after this disappointing result she might have retired (which would be a great pity, in my opinion). But if she had not retired, there is still one place at Grand Prix in Japan that is TBA. Is there any chance that she may get it? Is she eligible to get it?

Does anyone know how her skating is? Is that true that she lost her triple jumps? Who is her coach? I suppose it is not Tarasova?

I am sorry if you find this thread too trivial.

Morning Glory

On the Ice
Does anyone know how her skating is? Is that true that she lost her triple jumps? Who is her coach? I suppose it is not Tarasova?

Her coach is Takeshi Honda. She trains at Nagoya in Japan.

Exhibition Prince World

That's the last what I have seen from her.

In this clip, the commentator said "Mai will continue to compete at her own pace."

She starts to work as a journalist from this April.

http://www.maomaiasada.com/message/mai.html

This is her first interview with synchronized swimmers.Mai took this photo by herself.

http://chubu.yomiuri.co.jp/tokushu/supotomo/supotomo090412_1.htm

But if she had not retired, there is still one place at Grand Prix in Japan that is TBA. Is there any chance that she may get it? Is she eligible to get it?

I hope she will be at NHK cup, but I think TBA will go to Nana Takeda.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Welcome to the boards, 623, and your English was just fine!!! Totally understood ya!

Post often, post long! :rock: