New coach for Kostner? | Page 6 | Golden Skate

New coach for Kostner?

janetfan

Match Penalty
Kostner officially announced to the first national news channel (RAI1) that she is going to train in L.a., California,USA (with Carrol I assume, as he confirmed she was training with him for some days to try his teaching). I'll post some articles tomorrow.

Mille grazie elenora y buona fortuna to Carolina for next season.
I look forward to reading more about her new situation in SoCal.
Sorry for my bad Italian. I know a little from playing bocce - y si , also many curse words. ;)

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
Kostner heading to the U.S. to train in Los Angeles

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090706&content_id=5729148&vkey=ice_news

Carolina Kostner is trying to regroup before the 2009-10 season, an important one for her because of both the Olympics and the world championships, the latter of which will take place in her home country. So, she is making some changes.

On Monday, she announced in a feature that aired on Italian television that she is moving to the United States to continue her training in Los Angeles. It was not confirmed in the report who will coach her, but many speculate that it will be Frank Carroll, the legendary coach who worked with Michelle Kwan and now counts world champion Evan Lysacek and American Mirai Nagasu as pupils. Kostner had been searching for a new training situation since announcing last month that she was no longer working with Michael Huth in Oberstdorf, Germany.

DarkestMoon

On the Ice
Oooh! I totally agree with this sentiment. Her costumes leave a LOT to be desired on her. The full "petticoat" style skirts that are too short. Bleh! My coach makes better costumes and charges a lot less than Cavalli! :laugh:

Nevermind the skirts, the wedgies are/were unforgivable, Roberto Cavalli!

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
According to the article, "t was not confirmed in the report who will coach her, but many speculate that it will be Frank Carroll ..."

Does anyone know if this failure to confirm the coach's identity is common? Most of the time when I hear of a coaching change, the new coach is named.

merrybari

Final Flight
According to the article, "t was not confirmed in the report who will coach her, but many speculate that it will be Frank Carroll ..."

Does anyone know if this failure to confirm the coach's identity is common? Most of the time when I hear of a coaching change, the new coach is named.

I was wondering the same thing. The other article indicated they had been working together, but not that it was permanent.

Gibbo

Spectator
Carolina Kostner's new coach is Frank Carroll, it's official. From OFFICIAL WEBSITE

"During a press conference which took place this morning in Rome, Carolina announced her new team for the 2009/2010 season: her coach will be Frank Carroll, who works at El Segundo training center in California, along with Christa Fassi"

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Carolina Kostner's new coach is Frank Carroll, it's official. From OFFICIAL WEBSITE

"During a press conference which took place this morning in Rome, Carolina announced her new team for the 2009/2010 season: her coach will be Frank Carroll, who works at El Segundo training center in California, along with Christa Fassi"
Thanks for the update! I hope Caro will have a wonderful season.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Very interesting! Thanks for the update. I wish Caro the best this season! She has a very strong and experienced team to help her; hopefully, it works to her advantage, but the question is "will these new big changes in her life, brand new coaching team and living in and becoming accustomed to a foreign country, gel together in only one season, and a very important Olympic season at that?"

merrybari

Final Flight
Very interesting! . . . the question is "will these new big changes in her life, brand new coaching team and living in and becoming accustomed to a foreign country, gel together in only one season, and a very important Olympic season at that?"

As it's also stated she'll be working with Fassi too, maybe the re-location will not be for the entire year. Perhaps she'll be training in both. That said, I don't know where Fassi is located but am assuming Italy.

Those are huge changes in an Olympic year especially. Hope the scale balances to her advantage.

Sylvia

Record Breaker
As it's also stated she'll be working with Fassi too, maybe the re-location will not be for the entire year. Perhaps she'll be training in both. That said, I don't know where Fassi is located but am assuming Italy.
Christa Fassi also coaches in El Segundo. She and Carroll co-coached Laney Diggs (10th in Senior Ladies at 2009 Nationals) last season. Diggs is scheduled to make her JGP debut this season.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker

Wow. Frank is going to be a busy man. I guess once you get a world champion student everybody is knocking at your door. This is a big move for her, moving half-way around the world just before an olympic season. (at least she speaks english very well, as I can tell from her interviews). I fear that she made the move one season too late.

The crazy thing is that I saw Carolina at the rink about 2 weeks ago and thought nothing of it, since she had spent the summer at Toyota before. Still...you think i would have thought something bigger was going on.

merrybari

Final Flight
Christa Fassi also coaches in El Segundo. She and Carroll co-coached Laney Diggs (10th in Senior Ladies at 2009 Nationals) last season. Diggs is scheduled to make her JGP debut this season.

Thanks Sylvia! At least it's close by to make it easier for everyone to co-ordinate. Good thing for well-developed time management skills. :)

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Who else finds it interesting that many of the top skaters who are working with Frank Carroll now are also partnering with Carla instead of Frank's former "co-coach" Ken Congemi? Ken still coaches at the Toyota Center, but has his partnership with Frank been dissolved?