Fan support at ice shows - how much is too much? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Fan support at ice shows - how much is too much?

jjane45

On the Ice
Of course only while my faves are skating :)
I also love the idea of flags, although the skaters are dominantly U.S. at this point :D

It looks like a great show. Do you know when it will be televised?

My personal opinion: any and all "Go Alissa!" signs are quite appropriate in any venue. :biggrin:

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
Wouldn't it confuse everyone in the arena if you brought a banner for a skater who isn't there? :laugh:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
bet me, I can go for days at a skating event ;) (or on a Disney rollercoaster) and then there's Mary Murphy on So You Think You Can Dance (which is just excessive and annoying).

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
If a popular skater has fans waving a banner or screaming, will the other skaters be offended or feel left out? Will they think - "Why don't I have fans like that"? :frown: Maybe it's best to keep it low key.

^ Bring signs for all the skaters. Bring some extra teddy bears to throw to the skaters that you don't know. Shout and scream for everybody. :yes:

heyang

Record Breaker
I've seen ILuvTodd cheering on skaters at the SOI show 2 years ago - didnt' realize it was her until after reading some of her posts LOL. Anyway, you can always hear her cheering and see her clapping for everyone. I didn't notice the flags, so they must be discreet enough for other audience members to not be annoyed and for the skaters to appreciate (since she was sitting on an on ice seat.)

I think it is key that signs not obstruct the views of other ticket holders.

Final Flight
not directed towards ice shows but in general: when fans make dolls of their skaters to give them.....

jjane45

On the Ice
not directed towards ice shows but in general: when fans make dolls of their skaters to give them.....
LOL is that too much? I would DEFINITELY make dolls if I were a crafty person :rofl: On the other hand, it does depend on the skater's age and personality somewhat...

Final Flight
like the johnny astro boy at NHK
at worlds OD practice asian girls had giant pink boxes....and handed them to dom/shab....they were barbie like dolls of them in their OD costume... -____-