Missed ER Again - Could Someone Update? | Golden Skate

Missed ER Again - Could Someone Update?

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Due to an emergency I missed ER again - could someone please give me an update?

Thanks.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I need an update too. I was watching Clay Aikins on Prime Time and totally forgot that it was on......42

Last edited:

windspirit

On the Ice
OK, I'll try. :)

SPOILERS!

The last episode revolved around Abby.

- Kovac is back; he's a patient right now (they wheeled him in, took him upstairs, and that was almost it). One of the girls from Congo came with him (and she gave Abby the letter from Carter). Her name's Gillian, I think. Abby managed to have only a short conversation with Kovac.

- Carter, as you probably know, is not going back for quite a few episodes. He wrote Abby a letter, where he broke up with her. She read it during her break, threw it out, but Frank (the big guy from reception) took it, read it, and let everyone else read it, too. So everyone knows.

- nurses (not Abby, though, she was too busy) went on a little strike and were suspended for, um... 90 days (I think).

- Dr. Corday was helped in the operating room by that full of himself, "That's Why Chicks Love Me", surgeon from upstairs (Dr. Dorsett?), and was so impressed (as was everyone else in the room) by what he did that she agreed to meet him for coffee after work, and... they ended up in his car... Dr. Corday on top. ;)

- there was a young patient, a girl, who came with a little cough, and it turned out that she had a terminal lung disease (Primary Pulmonary Hypertension?). Her parents wanted to wait for some final tests until they told her, and that didn't sit right with Abby (that no one wanted to tell the girl that, as Dr. Lewis put it, "she's not going to see her 21st birthday."). I think Abby told her in the end (of the episode).

- Dr. Romano's fighting with the hospital insurance for a better prosthesis; now he has one with a hook. To demonstrate how inconvenient it is, he burst into Dr. Weaver's meeting with some important people and "accidentally" threw things from the table, and on his way out he scratched a coffee table with the hook. He had a great scene with Weaver later, when he told her (btw, there were some little kids -- visiting their school friend, or something -- present during that conversation, their reaction was priceless, lol) something like: "You know what, Kerry, you're a grade A bitch!", and she stopped (was already on her way, after telling him that the hospital's not going to pay for a fancy prosthesis), turned around, came close to him and said calmly: "No, Robert, I am your boss, and as long as I am, you're MY bitch. So get back to work."

Romano had a few similar encounters in that episode, one with a new guy (I'm sorry, I don't remember new people's names, they're three of them, btw: two guys and a girl). The new guy didn't seem intimidated by Romano at all. When they ended up face to face, with Romano trying to tell him "how we do things around here", the new guy, totally unaffected, said (a little cockily): "Should I be writing this down?" As Romano lost this round, he just yelled: "GET OUT OF MY FACE!", and walked away.

- the new people seem promising. One guy has an asthma (the one who stood up to Romano). He had an attack, and the new girl gave him too much of something, and he went into shock. So, while the new guy (the other one) and the new girl were trying to think of something AND do it, Abby came and saved the show. Walking away, she said: "Congratulations, you've just saved your first resident." :laugh:

- Dr. Chen asked Dr. Pratt to a dinner. When he came to the restaurant, he found her parents sitting there with her (she said they'd surprised her). It went fairly well, but when Chen and Pratt were waiting for a cab later, Pratt said something like: "It's not like we're getting married." After a pause, Chen said: "What are we doing, then?" The night ended with her going away in a cab alone.
---

Edited to add: I think that Romano is losing it... He saw how the cocky surgeon asked Elizabeth out, and he had a fit some time after that. But looking at Elizabeth he was so quiet and sad, and I think he's so loud and agressive because he wants to forget how sad he really is. Btw, I love this character, and I'd hate it if he had to go away. :cry:

Last edited:

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
I still think that Romano and Elizabeth will end up together. Every season we get to see a few more bits of humanity in his character. There is nothing sexier than a surgeon who can back up the talk with the medical expertice when it counts....and Dr. Dorsett???(I'm not sure of his name either, too busy watching the action.... on the table) came through with flying colors! I so miss my hospital days. I transferred to the ER six months after graduating from nursing school due to a nursing shortage at that time (at most hospitals you have to put in a year of general duty nursing before going to a specialty unit). Sometimes while watching these episodes of ER I STILL get that rush! I will be in major withdrawal when this series ends. Hospitals are doing exactly the same thing "County" was doing as far as cutting back on the hours of more experienced and therefore higher paid nurses to give the newer (and cheaper) nurses more hours. I think Abbey is probably considered a supervisor and on salary rather than hourly pay. Also, when I graduated from nursing school in the 70's we started out at.......................$3.89/hr. that was raised to $4.10/hr. after we passed our state board exams:eek: !!!

Piel

guinevere

Final Flight
I got home in time for the last 20 minutes or so - was so glad I got to see the "You're my bitch" line (even though I didn't know the context). I love Kerry Weaver!!!!!

Dr Dorsett, or whatever his name is, is gross. Wouldn't care if I never saw him again. Don't really care if I see Elizabeth again either, actually. The only thing I like about her anymore is her friendship with Romano - which had better stay platonic! BUT... if we have to see her 'getting on' with her life, I do find it interesting that Dorsett is pretty much the anti-Dr. Greene.

Seems like the writers are trying to turn Pratt/Chen's relationship into the Abby/Carter drama. Personally, I thought they were just having fun too. I miss the old Chen: cocky, sassy, fun. For some reason ER turns all its female characters in relationships into whiny nags.

guinevere

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
What's so gross about Dorset? He's cocky BUT he has the goods to back it up. These kind of characters are what make a series interesting IMO. I never could get into Dr. Green even at his most dramatic I found him boring. As for Pratt and Chen I think they love each other but after meeting the folks Pratt was trying to give her an easy way out while she was trying to telling him that her parent's opinion didn't matter. She seemed to be hurt when she made the bang buddies statement. Mehki Pfeifer (sp?) is so gorgeous!

Piel

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Windspirit:

Thanks for the update. I sort of saw bits of it, but did not really take in what was going on.

Sounds like they are back to the relationship stories. I agree about Pratt and Chen. I thought it was just a "casual" thing. Oh well, I suppose they like to keep us guessing.

Next time I am going to set my VCR.

Thanks again.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Great updates, everyone.......I'm sorry I missed it.....:\ 42

guinevere

Final Flight
I was pondering the Dorsett issue, and I realized something: when Romano first came on the show (as "Rocket" Romano!), he was just as cocky as Dorsett -- nice counterpoint now, as Romano pines away silently for Elizabeth while she's bonking the new whiz kid.

But, I always found Romano amusing, even at his most cocky. Why? Because Romano so clearly did not care what anyone thought of him - AND he could produce the goods, as it were. Dorsett clearly expects that his behaviour will endear him to others (particularly Elizabeth - and I guess he's got a pount, 'cause it did), and the others' high opinions of him is what motivates him. Yeesh. He's a putz.

guinevere