Johnny Weir - new journal entry | Golden Skate

Johnny Weir - new journal entry

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Johnny has posted a new (and pretty long) journal entry, discussing how he coped with the disappointment of not making the world team, his adventures in S. Korea, Pop Star on Ice and his new programs (among other things). As always, it's a fun and informative read. Johnny is a good writer - he could definitely have a career in something meda-related after he retires.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Thanks for the link. I always enjoy reading Johnny's journals.

Daniel5555

On the Ice
Thank you, I have read it with a lot of interest.

Actually it made me think about Phil Hersh again... I wonder, how he could scold Johnny instead of, I don't know, offering some words of compassion? Must be a real *******... I'm not a fan of Johnny at all, but that was very unfair to him.

And then it's actually no surprise that Johnny feels like at home in Korea. And "Festa on Ice" was really great. I have seen it only on video, but it was really energetic and exciting both for public and skaters.

Eevun

Final Flight
This is very weird.... When I click on the link I get the entry from Feb, so strange. But my friend gets the right entry when she clicks on it. What's wrong?

^ Try copying and pasting the link into the address bar of your browser (change ** to tt). If that doesn't work, try delting your internet cache (temporary internet files) and cookies.

h**p://www.figureskatersonline.com/johnnyweir/journal.html

Wicked

Final Flight
I would love to see video of Johnny teaching Galina what a Lady Gaga is.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Thanks so much for posting. I love reading his journals.
It was surprising to read how depressed he was about Nationals....but glad he is feeling better now.

I like reading about how the different programs cam about. So glad he said "NO" to single ladies. Sorry..i would not want to see that.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I hadn't seen his Poker Face ex before reading his journal--it's up on youtube! All good fun, for sure.

He is a very good writer, and I really enjoyed his journal.

pippa

Rinkside
Can we be sure it is he who is writing or just giving ideas for his editor/writer?

Joe, Johnny writes his own journals and emails them to the web site manager. He doesn't have an "editor" - if he did, his punctuation would be better.

jennylovskt

Medalist
Can we be sure it is he who is writing or just giving ideas for his editor/writer?

Don't you think he writes like how he talks? I think it's his own writing. He is very good at expressing himself in writing, and in talking.

It's always entertaining to read his journals.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Don't you think he writes like how he talks? I think it's his own writing. He is very good at expressing himself in writing, and in talking.

Maybe Joe thinks Evan wrote it :p

seniorita

Record Breaker
well it would be more complicated to tell the editor what you want to say and how you want to say it and then he goes and writes something that looks like yours, rather than just write a blog once a while:p
johnny speaks in interviews with same way, i dont think he has a reason to have another person to write for his journals apart from the help of the one who designs his site.
By the way stephan's journals are also great!

Trust me, no editor or ghostwriter comes up with stuff like this. It's arch-Johnny, and brilliant, as always. I laughed out loud at least three times!

Two things jumped out at me:

Not a single mention of Evan. That Worlds Gold crushed him. I hope to God he can get his inner warrior going this summer.

His interest in being a goodwill ambassador to Korea. And maybe Russia. He would be literally the funniest ambassador ever.

Overall: what a wonderful guy. I can't help lovin' that man!

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Not a single mention of Evan. That Worlds Gold crushed him. I hope to God he can get his inner warrior going this summer.
I don't think he mentioned any American skaters; really anyone other than Yu-Na, and with all due respect to Evan Lysacek, her performance at Worlds had more of a wow factor. To me it reads like Johnny just needed to get away from the US figure skating scene for a bit. IIRC, after Worlds he said he was happy for Evan or proud of him (or something like that), but very jealous. Which is a very Johnny thing to say ;).

I'm not saying he didn't draft the journal. Just wondering if there might be another writer/editor involved. I don't know but I understand his fans assuming it's total Johnny,.

btw, what does Evan have to do with this topic? He's the World Champion - over and out.

psycho

On the Ice
I'm not saying he didn't draft the journal. Just wondering if there might be another writer/editor involved. I don't know but I understand his fans assuming it's total Johnny,.

btw, what does Evan have to do with this topic? He's the World Champion - over and out.

Are you sure you're not just trying to stir up some drama, for drama's sake?! ;)

No one is going about questioning the veracity of others' journal entries, yet Johnny's must be an elaborate conspiracy. Sometimes a spade is just a spade. ;)