Czisny Journal 6/16/09 | Golden Skate

Czisny Journal 6/16/09

R.D.

Record Breaker
http://www.figureskatersonline.com/alissaczisny/journal/2009-june16.html

interesting tidbit- many of us were right

As the U.S. champion, I was invited to compete at the Four Continents and Worlds competitions as my next events. It was while I was in Cleveland that I decided not to go to Harbin, China, for the World University Games, due to the travel distance, and the jet lag that I would most likely experience while trying to train for Worlds when I got back to the U.S. I probably would not have gone to Four Continents after this National competition (because the events were so close together) except that it was being held in Vancouver, Canada, the site of the 2010 Winter Olympics, and I did not want to miss the opportunity to skate at the arena! In addition, I love competing in Canada, and I am looking forward to training for this upcoming season with a goal of being on the U.S. Olympic team.

Andalusia

Final Flight
Right about what? Her competing in 4CC? I think everyone knew the top 3 at Nats would, considering where it was held and who was competing.

As always, the girl makes my head spin with her schedule. What I would give to have even half the experiences she's had. ;) Interesting that she made no mention of how she did at Worlds and the consequences of her placement, but I suppose that's understandable. And she only talked about working on a new SP with Wilson; I thought she was getting a new LP (Zorro) from him, too? David Wilson sure is one busy guy - I think as soon as both Johnny and Alissa were back from Korea, they were off to Canada to work with him. :laugh:

Anyway, she sounds real positive for next season and I wish her the best of luck. What I really wanna know is how she feels about Sasha's return. :p

LeCygne

Final Flight
And she only talked about working on a new SP with Wilson; I thought she was getting a new LP (Zorro) from him, too?

Zorro is the SP that she's getting from Wilson. She's keeping Dr. Zhivago for the long. Wasn't that done by Wilson too?

Wrlmy

Medalist
4.0 GPA in senior year?!?!?! I soooooooooooo starting to dislike her :)

I'm really looking forward to her new number by Kurt Browning!!

LeCygne

Final Flight
Just my opinion - but Alissa is way too cute to skate wearing a mask :love:
and I don't think adding a cape would necessarily help her jumps -
unless it was a magic cape designed by Mischin ;)

A sparkly mask would be so cute! Haha and yeah, a cape would just be too much. Maybe for an exhibition though.

Andalusia

Final Flight
Zorro is the SP that she's getting from Wilson. She's keeping Dr. Zhivago for the long. Wasn't that done by Wilson too?

Ah, thanks. Hmmm, I'm not sure it's a good idea to keep Dr. Zhivago. She hasn't had the best of luck with it, although I guess keeping it would mean she doesn't have to learn new choreography, and she'll be able to just focus on getting the jumps consistent. I think Dr. Zhivago was done by Wilson, too.

I'm glad she's using music from Zorro for the SP. This, along with Dr. Zhivago, are sweeping, passionate pieces of music - Alissa would rock them if she could stay vertical. The pop song based on the main theme from The Mask of Zorro is soppy but lovely, and I can totally picture Alissa doing justice to it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtEslgOKdjg

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker

Yes. I can't wait to see Zorro. Dr. Zhivago was a nice program for her...nothing that special, but I think it is a good choice. She seems the type of skater who needs 2 seasons to skate a program fully.

Pikachuusb

On the Ice
I cant wait to see her new Zorro program:love:

and Im thinking no to the hat, mask & cape:laugh: maybe the sword though;):rofl: