Which skating moves do you hate? | Golden Skate

Which skating moves do you hate?

icedancingnut31

On the Ice
Does anyone else have skating moves they are working on that you hate doing? They are so hard to do and you can never get them, that its frustrating?

I feel waltz eights were invented by the spawn of Satan! I can never do them. Also in ISI we had the change foot spin in FS3 when I finally passed that stupid spin I was so happy!

silver.blades

Medalist
Country
Canada
I hated loops when I was learning them. I don't mind them so much now that I no longer have to do them. The only thing I absolutely hate doing is the double toe loop. It's the most awkward, and evil jump. I can't for the life of me figure out the timing of it.

Last edited:

backspin

On the Ice
My coach often asks me to do double inside 3 turns--but he wants them done differently than you'd do for Juv. moves (which I've passed)--it's a harder version of them and I hate them & even though I've been working on them for years I still can't do them anywhere near the way he wants them done. Bah!

icedancingnut31

On the Ice
My coach often asks me to do double inside 3 turns--but he wants them done differently than you'd do for Juv. moves (which I've passed)--it's a harder version of them and I hate them & even though I've been working on them for years I still can't do them anywhere near the way he wants them done. Bah!

I need to do back 3 turns for my Freestyle 4 dance step and i can't do them whatsoever. Also I look like an idiot when I do a sitspin. I saw a youtube video of a figure skating monkey and that monkey's sitspin is better than mine.

mskater93

Record Breaker
I hate the end pattern of Move #1 on the Novice MIF test. Inner to inner threes. Bleh! :disapp::scowl:

Skate@Delaware

On the Ice
bunny hops. Evil!

Our skating director was choreographing for a show and he wanted to put them in, we said absolutely no way would we do them.

Next are back edges. Torture.

icedancingnut31

On the Ice
bunny hops. Evil!

Our skating director was choreographing for a show and he wanted to put them in, we said absolutely no way would we do them.

Next are back edges. Torture.
I am guessing you are working on delta or freestyle 1....
I have no problem with bunny hops by themselves, but when I have to do a bunch in a row, I always am afraid I will fall on my face.

OHgal

Rinkside
Oh, I hate the Waltz 8 too!! Even my coach despises them, LOL. I'm soooo glad I'm done with that one!

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I hate MITF, but if I have to pick one move in particular, I guess it would be the double toe. that jump is just strange.

jjane45

On the Ice
I am guessing you are working on delta or freestyle 1....
I have no problem with bunny hops by themselves, but when I have to do a bunch in a row, I always am afraid I will fall on my face.
This reminds me of power classes, when everything comes in laps...
Wholesale instead of retail :rofl:

icedancingnut31

On the Ice
This reminds me of power classes, when everything comes in laps...
Wholesale instead of retail :rofl:

Last time I took a power class I caught a toe pick, fell hard on my knee, I thought I was ok, but like a few weeks later, I could barely bend my knee without screaming in pain, I went to the ER haha

jjane45

On the Ice
I am sorry to hear that, icedancingnut31. Hope your knee is alright now... Nowaways I refuse to step on the ice without elbow / knee pads, gloves, and a padded winter hat.
Back to topic: I hate falls in general :D they are surely considered an inseparable move in figure skating? LOL

jp1andonly

Rinkside
outside ina bauers and spread eagles..I cna t do them and they hurt..grrrr

Not a fan of loops either. I fell learning to do loops and buggered up my ankle. Those pesky moves drive me bonkers

vlaurend

Final Flight
outside ina bauers and spread eagles..I cna t do them and they hurt..grrrr

Not a fan of loops either. I fell learning to do loops and buggered up my ankle. Those pesky moves drive me bonkers

Don't even try to do outside Ina Bauers and spread eagles if you don't have open hips; you'll just damage your knees! The good news is, at least they aren't worth any points under IJS. ;)

morgan

Spectator
Spread Eagles and Ina bauers are evil. Physically some people cannot do them no matter how much they practice or stretch. Inability to do them has ruined the chances of more than one skater, especially in synchro. :banging:

vlaurend

Final Flight
Spread Eagles and Ina bauers are evil. Physically some people cannot do them no matter how much they practice or stretch. Inability to do them has ruined the chances of more than one skater, especially in synchro. :banging:

ONLY in synchro have they ruined the chances of any skater. In singles skating, people wouldn't even notice if a skater didn't have any spread eagles or ina bauers (half of the skaters can't do them so they just find other connecting moves to do instead).

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
I hate back inside 3 turns. Got my forward outside and inside three turns, and my back right outside 3 turns, but the other back 3 turns I just can't seem to get. And I need them for my Silver Adult MIF test.