Michelle Kwan skating at Yu-Na's ice show in Korea | Golden Skate

Michelle Kwan skating at Yu-Na's ice show in Korea

ehdtkqorl123

On the Ice
Yu Na invites, Michelle accepts...Kwan skates

Michelle Kwan to perform at 'Ice All STARS' featuring Kim Yu Na

IB Sports, Yu-Na's management agency has announced that Michelle Kwan will perform two gala programs for the show, sponsored by Samsung. Kwan was invited by Kim after their meeting at the World Championships this past March in Los Angeles. The Korean news article at XSportsNews.com said Kwan decided to accept Yu Na's invitation because she was very excited for the opportunity to skate with her.

"I am really glad to skate at Ice All Stars 2009 in Korea. I am really excited to appear on this special stage with talented skaters. I am really looking forward to skate with Yu-Na in her home country, Korea." said MK through IB Sports.

After hearing this news, Yu-Na excitedly said "I have admired Kwan since I was young. It's really an honor for me to skate with her on the same stage".

Samsung's Ice All STARS will take place August 14 - 16 in Seoul.

http://kwantifiable.xanga.com/706169010/item/

Last edited:

seniorita

Record Breaker
The return of the King needs the return of the Kween!:rock:
I havent seen Michelle skating for a long time!:clap:

ehdtkqorl123

On the Ice
In the article, it says Kwan accepted the invitation because she was really excited to skate with Yu-Na. I think that explains why MK chose to come back in Korea.

merrybari

Final Flight
Great news indeed! Can't help but wonder now especially if the TBD 3rd ladies spot at Skate America will give me a chance to see one of my all time favorites in a live competition for the first time. If it please the :bow: let it be!

janetfan

Match Penalty
In the article, it says Kwan accepted the invitation because she was really excited to skate with Yu-Na. I think that explains why MK chose to come back in Korea.

Yes, that is true. And the payday will most likely be HUGE! :yes: :)

jaws12345

Match Penalty
Besides the all-star cast such as Shephan Lambiel, Savchenko+Szolkowy and of course newly added Ms. Kwan, the show itself is going to be a great one; according to IB Sports' earlier press releases, they will incorporate live orchestra music as well as some "state of the art" special effects into the show. They are also planning on throwing some dance competition among the skaters as well as a few "surprises" that involve audience participation along with it (dance with Michelle?:)). This show's title sponsor is Samsung, with which Yu-na Kim has a few endorsement contracts, and the company said they will make sure that they help put together a world's top class show.

Last edited:

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
All this show needs is to invite Katerina Witt and bring Sinja Henie back from the dead and then they'll have the four greatest lady skaters ever!

Medusa

Record Breaker
All this show needs is to invite Katerina Witt and bring Sinja Henie back from the dead and then they'll have the four greatest lady skaters ever!
Aren't we getting ahead of ourselves here? Kim won one World Championship so far and I have yet to see her win with two clean performances.

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
Aren't we getting ahead of ourselves here? Kim won one World Championship so far and I have yet to see her win with two clean performances.

Possibly, though I really think that Yu-Na will be considered as one of these great skaters, whether she wins more gold medals or not. The magic of her performances and the way she beats every record will guarantee her a place in ice-skating history.

Daniel5555

On the Ice
The Festa on Ice was great and this one with Michelle Kwan will be just unbelievable.
I'll be looking forward to see it :)

dkyoun

Rinkside
Kwan the Queen & Queen Yu-Na ??

Amazing !!!

You know how close the arena (Olympic Gymnastic Stadium) is ?
10 minutes by bicycle !!! :laugh:

I am full ready to make a reservation :party:

You know how close the arena (Olympic Gymnastic Stadium) is ?

10 minutes by bicycle !!! :laugh:

You are so lucky! :)

Over on the Michelle Kwan Forum they are comparing air fare from various U.S. cities (over a thousand dollars, but what is that to the true MK fan? :) )

ehdtkqorl123

On the Ice
For those who are planning to get a ticket for this show, here is some useful info.

For Festa On Ice (Apr, 09), all 21000 seats were almost sold out in 30 minutes after tickets were released. Only few rear rows were remaining after that. First two sections (R section and S section) were sold out in 5 minutes. Considering the fact that Korean internet speed is the fastest in the world, you will need a lot of luck :)

Last edited:

dkyoun

Rinkside
For those who are planning to get a ticket for this show, here is some useful info.

For Festa On Ice (Apr, 09), all 21000 seats were almost sold out in 30 minutes after tickets were released. Only few rear rows were remaining after that. Considering the fact that Korean internet speed is the fastest in the world, you will need a lot of luck :)

2 of them were taken by me.
Even they were the first row.:biggrin:

I already visited the arena and marked the best seat out !!!
All I have to do is to take the seat and I am quiet good at it. :rock:

Ooooops.. sorry for MKF but I will greet Kwan the Queen with applause.:bow: