Michelle Kwan skating at Yu-Na's ice show in Korea | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Michelle Kwan skating at Yu-Na's ice show in Korea

Getting info out of the Kwans is like getting info out of the Mob. :biggrin:

The big question, of course, is has anyone seen her practicing and if so who would be coach?

So if we have any spies here, please bring the following to the GS Forum:

Which choreographer is she using, if she is presenting a new routine? or if she is using an old one, which one?

Similarly, music is new? or used before?

Which kind of new dress will she be wearing? or if she is using a dress worn before?

If everything above is in the new category, then I would surmize that she intends to use this for a possible competitive routine. Of course, if it goes over well, it will be tweaked for more difficult input, hopefully.

If the questions above are answered by the negative, then I would assume there is no intent on becoming competitive. so just enjoy the show.

Last edited:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
OMG The Kween on the ice again. :clap::clap:

For a six day stay at the Imperial Palace Hotel which is rated 4 1/2 stars and is I believe walking distance to the Jamesil Olympic Stadium plus round trip air fair from Boston to Seoul for one is $2,173.00. Unfortunately as other posters have stated the tickets are probably sold out. Getting to Korea may be doable but seeing the Kween is not.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
WHOA. This is huge. WE have not seen her on the ice since that cheesefest in December of 2005. I wonder if this means she is considering a pro career? I can't wait to see her. So many questions to be answered.

WHOA. This is huge. WE have not seen her on the ice since that cheesefest in December of 2005. I wonder if this means she is considering a pro career? I can't wait to see her. So many questions to be answered.
and nobody has seen her practicing for this? Correct?

R.D.

Record Breaker

Naturally, the next thing on the list is to do a Disson show or two right here in the US. Could possibly give NBC a ratings bump if they promote it, say, during SA

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
and nobody has seen her practicing for this? Correct?

Well I guess somebody must have seen her.(unless she trains in the dead of night in an isolated rink surrounded by armed gurads) :rofl:

They are just not on this board...and are being very lipped about it.

sillylionlove

Medalist
Why are all the good skating shows in Korea? (yes I know that answer to that question but I just wanted to vent a little)

I sure hope that someone on this board will be going to the show and will give us a review!!

If Michelle shows up at Skate America and Sasha, Michelle and Yu-Na are there...I might have a friggin heart attack at the arena!!!

Daniel5555

On the Ice
Yes, Koreans have a lot of luck. Don't forget that besides this show they also will have another one with Sasha Cohen.
So I think a lot of people here really would like to be in Korea those days.

seniorita

Record Breaker
yes they have the other one, Hundai show, with sasha and where plushy will probably show some of his new program on first days of august:cry:

Scenario number 1. Michelle is really coming back.

The USFSA left a spot at Skate America open for her. They asked her to decide by the end of July what she wanted to do. Michelle does not pay to much attention to such deadlines. She will say something when she has something to say. :) Her plan:

(a) Skate in Korea in August. This is risk free, gives her a chance to shake some of the rust off, get back into being in front of a crowd. If all goes well…

(b) Ask the USFSA to send her to the Nebelhorn Trophy. This will get her out of regionals. She wins Nebelhorn against second-tier competition.

(c) Skate America (this gets her out of Sectionals). She outpoints Rachael, Sasha withdraws. Michelle gets some home-court judging against Yu-na and wins!

(d) On to U.S. Nationals, aka the Michelle Kwan Road Show. People forget there is anyone named Caroline, Ashley or Mirai.

(e) The Pacific Coast Express, LA to Vancouver! All Aboard!! :)

Senario number two. Nah, Michelle is just teasing us after all.

She skates in Korea, cementing her friendly relations with Kim. (She already started the ball rolling by heaping praise on Yu-na as a commentator at Worlds.) Then she sets up her own production company, “Michelle Kwan Presents.” After Kim wins the Olympics, Michelle signs her to a ten-year contract to tour in the U.S. :yes:

Either way, figure skating comes roaring back in popularity in America. :rock:

Last edited:

janetfan

Match Penalty
yes they have the other one, Hundai show, with sasha and where plushy will probably show some of his new program on first days of august:cry:

I heard that Koreans are going crazy waiting for Plushy to arrive in August. :yes:
In fact the whole country has come to a standstill and people are so excited they can hardly concentrate.
In fact the only ones really working in Korea right now are the Dance instructors because eveyone is taking Tango lessons so they will be able to understand Plushy's choreo. :laugh:

Sylvia

Record Breaker
... (b) Ask the USFSA to send her to the Nebelhorn Trophy. This will get her out of regionals.
Nebelhorn won't (sorry). Anyway, I don't feel she should take a Senior B assignment from someone who competed at '09 Nationals. IF Kwan decides to qualify for '10 Nationals, I don't see it being a big deal for her to debut her competition programs at Regionals? All she would have to do is place in the top 4 there. Then the 5th place finisher at that Regionals would automatically advance to Sectionals IF Kwan competes at Skate America (which would give her the bye through Sectionals to Nationals).

Last edited:

Pikachuusb

On the Ice
If Michelle shows up at Skate America and Sasha, Michelle and Yu-Na are there...I might have a friggin heart attack at the arena!!!

:laugh: you might also hear me causing a commotion trying to get in since I havent purchased a ticket due to Michelle not saying yes yet.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Scenario number 1. Michelle is really coming back.

The USFSA left a spot at Skate America open for her. They asked her to decide by the end of July what she wanted to do. Michelle does not pay to much attention to such deadlines. She will say something when she has something to say. :) Her plan:

(a) Skate in Korea in August. This is risk free, gives her a chance to shake some of the rust off, get back into being in front of a crowd. If all goes well…

(b) Ask the USFSA to send her to the Nebelhorn Trophy. This will get her out of regionals. She wins Nebelhorn against second-tier competition.

(c) Skate America (this gets her out of Sectionals). She outpoints Rachael, Sasha withdraws. Michelle gets some home-court judging against Yu-na and wins!

(d) On to U.S. Nationals, aka the Michelle Kwan Road Show. People forget there is anyone named Caroline, Ashley or Mirai.

(e) The Pacific Coast Express, LA to Vancouver! All Aboard!! :)

Senario number two. Nah, Michelle is just teasing us after all.

She skates in Korea, cementing her friendly relations with Kim. (She already started the ball rolling by heaping praise on Yu-na as a commentator at Worlds.) Then she sets up her own production company, “Michelle Kwan Presents.” After Kim wins the Olympics, Michelle signs her to a ten-year contract to tour in the U.S. :yes:

Either way, figure skating comes roaring back in popularuty in America. :rock:

I like your plan mathman :clap: :clap::agree:

Bottom Line No one but no one has any info on Kwan's practices, runthrus, and further plans for Pacific Sectionals. It's a wait and see It's very Kwan-like.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Bottom Line No one but no one has any info on Kwan's practices, runthrus, and further plans for Pacific Sectionals. It's a wait and see It's very Kwan-like.

if she knew what we were going through she would not be so mean! :laugh:

janetfan

Match Penalty

I bet Karen Kwan has been watching her sister skate. Does she count or is she disqualified for being part of the family?