Michelle Kwan skating at Yu-Na's ice show in Korea | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Michelle Kwan skating at Yu-Na's ice show in Korea

ehdtkqorl123

On the Ice
"Michelle has turned down other invitations, but she and Yu-na have a mutual admiration society going," Shep Goldberg said.

I really like this statement.. A kid who used to imitate her heroine's skating on TV is now going to skate with her in real.. What an amazing moment..

beep_beep

Medalist
Although I'm really happy about the possibility of seeing Kwan skate again, I'll believe it when I see it for real (although an AP atricle makes me a little bit more of a believer).
I totally fell for that at the Lambiel thread at FSU, so I'm going to be more cautious now. :)

Daniel5555

On the Ice
Medusa
I find the whole thing a bit - overdone? Come on, the Kween didn't consider it necessary till now to delight audiences with her mad skillz, but now she will - and she is going to do that in Korea, the home of the new Queen of Figure Skating, the heavenly Yu-Na Kim. It is like before nobody was good enough, but Kim apparently is and now the Kween will pass the torch to the new Queen. It's all so romantic, and touching.
Got a problem with that?

Seriously, even me being a fan of Yuna, I don't see it that way. We can't know why Kwan decided to perform in Korea instead of America, but I hope everyone will be glad just because she will perform somewhere.

Sylvia
Actually there was a little video before, where Yuna said something like "I wonder who's coming this time" (referring to the next ice show). I think it was about Michelle Kwan...

Yes, I found that video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XChaPCYz0H8
Released approximately 16 of June and first news about Kwan going to Korea came out 1 of Jule. We didn't expect that, really...

I'm sure there is plenty of payola in it for Danny,

If it all takes place, I would like to see a 'sister act' to All That Jazz. With silver fringe skirts and red blouses.

janetfan

Match Penalty
I'm sure there is plenty of payola in it for Danny,

If it all takes place, I would like to see a 'sister act' to All That Jazz. With silver fringe skirts and red blouses.

:laugh: :laugh:

Can either of those girls skate Jazzy? ;)

jaws12345

Match Penalty
Kim, Kwan, Cohen, Plushenko, Buttle, Lambiel, Lysacek, Rochette, Savchenko +Szolkowy, Arakawa... It will be memorable two weeks over the two ice shows in Seoul. IB said they will use live orchestra music in their show! Very exciting.

I am positive that if Kwan as well as Sasha will be in the Olympics, if she so chooses. Mark me. :cool:

So all our talk about Rachael, Ashley, Caroline, Mirai, Kimmie, Alissa, Becky and Alexe is for nought. No?

merrybari

Final Flight
Kim, Kwan, Cohen, Plushenko, Buttle, Lambiel, Lysacek, Rochette, Savchenko +Szolkowy, Arakawa... It will be memorable two weeks over the two ice shows in Seoul. IB said they will use live orchestra music in their show! Very exciting.

There appears to be some question about Lysacek, Buttle and Rochette appearing on the IB show.

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/sports/2009/06/136_46511.html

Does anyone know if this has been resolved?

As to contacting the 3 directly, I would think they are bound by their agreements with IMG and may not be able to accept invitations on their own. I'd guess their response to be something more like I'm willing but you'll have to talk to my agent. just guessing.

ETA: Evan is confirmed for the IMG Super Class Show Jul 29 - Aug 3, as noted on his website event page.

Last edited:
^ I think jaws is saying that between the two shows, fans will get to see all of those skaters. You are right that the IMG skaters will be at the first show, not the one with Yu-na and Michelle.

janetfan

Match Penalty
^ I think jaws is saying that between the two shows, fans will get to see all of those skaters. You are right that the IMG skaters will be at the first show, not the one with Yu-na and Michelle.

Either way, both shows sound like they will be fun and I hope they are successful and that all of the skaters show up.
There will also be a little ice show in North America later this season. Although this show won't be offering as much "cheese" it does offer something special in the form of Olympic medals. You can bet that all of the skaters will show up for this two week festival. ;)

seniorita

Record Breaker
Info only: in hundai show they have also a super class day the first day
http://www.hyundaicard.com/event/event/090701_superClass/main_view.html (great pic of buttle):)
Skaters will take skate lessons:
9:00 – 11:00 Tomas Verner, Joannie Rochette
11:00 – 13:00 Alexei Yagudin, Sarah Meier
13:00 – 15:00 Qing Pang & Jian Tong
15:00 – 17:00 Jeffrey Buttle, Sasha Cohen
17:00 – 19:00 Frank Carrol, Ben Agosto, Sinead Kerr & John Kerr
19:00 – 21:00 Evan Lysacek, Evgeni Plushenko, Tanith Belbin