How to stop over rotating my doubles? | Golden Skate

How to stop over rotating my doubles?

gfskater

On the Ice
All my doubles (loop, toe, loop, flip, lutz) are over rotated about a quarter to a half turn. This began happening when I started working on my double axel and tripple toe.

I open up as wide as I can but I still over rotate.

Does anyone have any tips on stopping the rotation?

Thanks!

skatergirl45

On the Ice
This sounds like the story of my life! What really helped me was to remember to jump out, not around. Also, work on your core muscles. These muscles help you to stop your rotation and your obliques too.....

Good luck......and as my coach always tells me, "Get your free leg back like crazy."

icedust

Rinkside
I would suggest concentrating on amplitude when you are jumping a double, and get yourself just feeling generally more 'relaxed' when you are on doubles. It's not like you are over-rotating just a tad, if we are talking half a turn here it's time you turn down the wind-up going into these jumps and take a looser attitude going into them.

Apart from that well done for finding rotation so easily hope your triples come along real soon. Happy skating!

rsk8d

Rinkside
Work on getting a stronger check of your shoulders on takoff. Also, the post regarding core strength is right on- very important to stop rotation!

herro

On the Ice
I had a similar problem.

Try going for distance in your jumps (like Yuna does). You can also try delaying your rotation like in a delayed axel. Delayed doubles are soooo cool and they feel so cool when you land them.

For some odd reason, when I got my triples my problem of over-rotating doubles went away. Weird, huh?

Good luck!