Your personal Figure Skating Wish List | Golden Skate

Your personal Figure Skating Wish List

skating student

Spectator
What do you miss most in Figure Skating in its current state?
What would make competitions (live or on TV) for you much more enjoyable?
What are the things you can easily live without?

Be creative, don't care if the things you wish are feasible, just imagine you are creating your FS-Wish List for Santa and that maybe one day your dreams as a Figure Skating Fan will all come true!

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
Hi, skating student. I see it's your 1st post on this board. Congrats!
What do you miss most in Figure Skating in its current state?
What I miss most in the current figure skating, are clear guidelines reg PCS. Nobody seems to be able to explain what's the difference between a 7.75 and a 8.00 mark. Why have such a precision then, if it's meaningless.
What would make competitions (live or on TV) for you much more enjoyable?
A more fan friendly atmosphere: affordable ticket prices, more figure skating online, allowing fans to hang their banners in the arenas, to bring in their own food, to take pics of the skaters, i.e. just to start to treat fans as valuable contributors to the sport, not an inevitable evil.
What are the things you can easily live without?
All that unnecessary TV-chat during actual performances.

A revision of the restrictions of the CoP. Much prefer Free Skate. Let the SP have restrictions, then let the skater show us what he got.

I'd like to see a zig zag series of double or even triple Walley Jumps to the music. Beats carefully executed crossovers into Quad.

Spirit

On the Ice
Just imagine you are creating your FS-Wish List for Santa and that maybe one day your dreams as a Figure Skating Fan will all come true!

Tanith Belbin, Elena Sokolova, and a hot tub.

For wishes that have a greater chance of happening....

1. I wish various governing bodies, including the USFSA and ISU, were not corrupt and not dysfunctional.

2. I wish the judges and officials became paid employees rather than volunteers, who could (and would) then be fired or fined for breaking the rules.

3. I wish skaters would unionize and take over their own sport.

4. I wish the various governing bodies would do more to address anorexia among their athletes.

5. I wish organizers of skating events went to science fiction conventions to learn all the great and ORGANIZED methods by which celebrities can interact with fans, rather than signing autographs chaotically at rinkside while people press in on one another.

6. I wish television provided a special feature by which I could mute sports commentators if I so choose, while leaving all remaining audio alone.

7. I wish for a return to artistry.

That's all I can think of for now.

I wish the cheesefests would come back.

Not show skating, but just a nice friendly competiton without any great stakes hanging in the balance.

Medusa

Record Breaker
1. I wish various governing bodies, including the USFSA and ISU, were not corrupt and not dysfunctional.
A year ago or so there was one study that examined International Organisations. And the most intransparent and shadiest were NATO, the IAEA - and, surprise, the IOC! I can't find a link though, it was an article in our local newspaper.

I don't really have a problem with the NATO being intransparent, because they are responsible for security and it would be a bit strange if all their decisions and policies were transparent.

But the IOC? The IOC doesn't need to be intransparent and shady. There are no secrets to be protected. It's only about sports! (They should have examined the ISU though, the ISU might have beaten everyone.)

GiuliaPlum

On the Ice
1. Artistic programs; even with mistakes. I don't care who jump what. Possibly, very passionate and intense programs!
2 Fair scores: give the skaters what they deserve, period. Less Components marks based on the reputation or nationality, but at the same time higher Components when deserved.
3 Big amount of adrenaline like at Euros 2009 Men FS.
Last but not least
4 May every skater be happy with their own achievements, after months and years of sacrifice.

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
A revision of the restrictions of the CoP. Much prefer Free Skate. Let the SP have restrictions, then let the skater show us what he got.
:agree:

I'd actaully like a complete reform of the judging system to encourage skaters to take more risks, be creative and give them real freedom in the free skate. I'm tired of seeing skaters doing the same thing. I want to see performances, not recitals.

I'd like to see lady skaters in particular become more creative instead of most of them doing the same boring stuff.

I wish pair skating was a thrilling as before.

I'd like ice-dancing judging to be fairer.

I'd like a little more flexibility in the amount of skaters a country can send.

I'd like French commentators Nelson Monfort and Philipe Candeloro to shut up! (Even though I do tenc to watch Eurosport, sometimes it would be better to watch France 2 or 3 if the two gentlemen weren't in the belief that skaters skate to their comments!!!)

I'd like the ISU to sell videos of the competitions.