Jenny Kirk: Why Skaters Aren't Friends | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Jenny Kirk: Why Skaters Aren't Friends

isk82

On the Ice
While I enjoy reading Jenny's blog, I have always thought she had a bit of a chip on her shoulder. She was supposed to be the next great skater at one time, and never had the mental toughness to make it and I think she may be a little resentful of those who had that extra something.

I'm sure Boitano and Orser didn't have dinner together the night before they skated for Olympic gold, but I think at that time, you are surrounding yourself with your "team." They all toured together and I'm sure there were friendships formed on the tour bus.

I skated against close friends and while it wasn't for money or National or Olympic gold, I wanted to win, but I also wanted my friends to do well. I'm sure that changes as you move up competitively, but as others said before me, whatever path you choose in life has some competition in it. It's a true measure of the person, how they handle the pressure that comes with that.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
While I enjoy reading Jenny's blog, I have always thought she had a bit of a chip on her shoulder. She was supposed to be the next great skater at one time, and never had the mental toughness to make it and I think she may be a little resentful of those who had that extra something.
What drove me crazy about her was her voice....it was soooooooooooo annoying!!!!! I just wanted to go and slap someone around, which is not me at all but her voice pitch.....was worse than fingernails on the blackboard.