Lambiel will be back | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Lambiel will be back

ea

Oh, and Joubert really does have a great camel spin.
Buttercup, you not only know your elements, you also know what makes them special. :agree:

Back to Lambiel: Afaik, he has had knee problems since 2005. but I think he knows how to handle pain when skating exhibitions and competitions. I hope so.

seniorita

Record Breaker
I think Stephan will know how far he can push it. I dont think he will jeopardise his health for the Olympics. I disagree though to what is left to prove, I dont think athletes think that way, they dont compete or comeback to prove something to us. This is what we think but competitive athletes have another spirit and are grown up with different thinking.
Joubert has great camel but why Plush has adequate camel?It is not the case that I like everything in Plush but from all the top men now I think he has one of the most pleasing to watch. I dont know what is classical camel though, I just know it is beautiful.
I like also Dennis Ten camel a lot although he doesnt center well usually. And it is another style.

Bennett

Record Breaker
I was wondering where he was. I have been kind of aware that he might come back, but I never saw him. I did not know that he was injured. Sorry to hear that. I wish him a speedy recovery.

Wicked

Final Flight
I was wondering where he was. I have been kind of aware that he might come back, but I never saw him. I did not know that he was injured. Sorry to hear that. I wish him a speedy recovery.

He's supposed to be at Swiss Nats starting tomorrow. Good luck, Stéphane!

seniorita

Record Breaker
Stephan Article
he says he doesnt train spins cause they hurt, he already has a new Lp and might try it in Euros, and he talks about Nationals.

I liked this

"I saw that something was missing in my life," he said. "And it is fascinating to experience the adventure of another Olympics. If it works it is a huge satisfaction. If not, it was important nevertheless and it made sense to try it.
:clap:

Nadine

Record Breaker
I basically repeat what I said over in the Brian Joubert thread:

I admire Stephane's tenacity, and I honestly wish for him all the best, because as we all know the absolute best competitions are when everybody skates their best & you win!

The Olympics will not be the same without Stephane at 100%, same with Zhenya, Brian, et al. Thus, my sincere honest hope/wish is that ALL three of these great warriors are fully recovered by the time of the Olympics & can truly show their best! How apropos, especially at the Olympics...

It will be a show of the young ones against the old ones...those that have been through many battles for one last stand...weathered by time, aged by experience, bearing the scars to prove it, but underneath it all a champion's heart still beats!:love:

ps: I think I have an idea of what Stephane's new program will be (cirque du soleil ring a bell).:agree:

herios

Medalist
I basically repeat what I said over in the Brian Joubert thread:

ps: I think I have an idea of what Stephane's new program will be (cirque du soleil ring a bell).:agree:

Please tell me he won't go back to his 2002 program...

Audrey19

On the Ice
But why does he want to change his free? Isn't it as great as the ex? Are there any vids when he performed it?

Wicked

Final Flight
But why does he want to change his free? Isn't it as great as the ex? Are there any vids when he performed it?

No, it's not as great as the ex. He had to take quite a bit of choreo out to add the jumps. I really loved it as an ex, but as an LP, not so much.

Audrey19

On the Ice
Thanks for the vid!
Hm I agree it's not as exciting as the ex, too many slow sections but still I think it can bring the house down if he skates with a lot of pizazzzzz!
Gooooooo Stephane!:rock: