the next YUNA KIM??! | Golden Skate

the next YUNA KIM??!

dannyascii

On the Ice
I think it's a little early for the "next" Yu-na Kim:p
That was a nice program though. Clean and good height and rotation on her jumps. She has a very nice lutz. She still has some work with speed, edges and transitions but definitely potential.

cadavis

Spectator
I think it's a little early for the "next" Yu-na Kim:p
That was a nice program though. Clean and good height and rotation on her jumps. She has a very nice lutz. She still has some work with speed, edges and transitions but definitely potential.

I agree with you, save that she flutzes. As I said here though, her skating is certainly very reminiscent of Yuna's.

oleada

Record Breaker
Christina is a nice skater, but she's been very inconsistent in the past and her basics have to be worked on A LOT. I think she can also work on her expression - I think she was a bit dull.

fairly4

Medalist
is she the skater who came in 3rd at junior nationals last year. and is 16. and if not why is some post stating 13 and not 15.

i was just wondering because if she is the same skater she was 15 at last years junior nationals which would make her 16 this year.

jeff goldblum

On the Ice
is she the skater who came in 3rd at junior nationals last year. and is 16. and if not why is some post stating 13 and not 15.

i was just wondering because if she is the same skater she was 15 at last years junior nationals which would make her 16 this year.

According to her bio on the USFS web page, her date of birth is March 7, 1994. If my math is correct this would mean she turned 15 years old earlier this spring.

Aside from her age, she is a lovely skater and I think she has qualities of both Yu Na Kim and Mirai Nagasu. Though she does need to work on her speed, I am amazed at the relative ease with which she completes her triples despite entering them rather slowly. I'm really impressed with the way her triple salchow seems to just rise up out of nowhere, following a few small three-turns.

skfan

Final Flight
i don't know if i would call her skating dull--hard to tell how mature or expressive she is from that free program clip. maybe she doesn't skate quite as big as her music?

anyway, having gotten excited over naomi nari nam and bebe liang in the past i'll take a wait and see attitude ;)

oleada

Record Breaker
i don't know if i would call her skating dull--hard to tell how mature or expressive she is from that free program clip. maybe she doesn't skate quite as big as her music?

anyway, having gotten excited over naomi nari nam and bebe liang in the past i'll take a wait and see attitude ;)

I can't speak about the others, but I wasn't just basing my opinion on one clip. :)

vlaurend

Final Flight
I definitely see more Mirai than YuNa when I watch Christina, but either way, she'll be one to watch in the coming years (I'd love to see a little more outflow on her jump landings, though!).