Nebelhorn Trophy | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Nebelhorn Trophy

enlight78

Medalist
Ryan was actuallly solid on most of his jumps but completely low levels on his spins and footwork; I hope he builds those up. With Lambiel , Plushenko, and Takahashi back the mens field is super deep. I curious if any body knows anything about the north korean skater; videos

Last edited:

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
Once again it is going to be another deep field for the men at the Olympic Games. I count at least 7 men that are contenders for Olympic Gold

MikiAndoFan#1

Record Breaker
Alissa comes really strongly so far this season, hopefully she'll hold up till the end.

I hope so! I want her to go the Olympics so much! If she can skate two clean programs, she'll definately be in the top 10 (if she makes it, of course).

:bow:

SamuraiKike

Medalist
I curious if any body knows anything about the north korean skater; videos

Apparently his only international last season was the Asian Trophy where he won with a score of 176.55 , jut a bit higher thatn what he got here in Nebelhorn.;)

The men's field is crazy ... I want all of them to medal! : Plushenko, Lambiel, Joubert, Takahashi, Kozuka, Lysacek, Chan.. We must start a petition for the installment of the pewter medal at Olympics..:agree:

seniorita

Record Breaker
i would say lets start petition so it will be like ancient olympic games when ALL the olympians got a wreath from oil leaves and just that:biggrin:
on the other hand they used to participate only men, that were speaking greek, competing naked and with oil all over their body- which is not a good idea at all.:eek:

Medusa

Record Breaker
competing naked and with oil all over their body-
:love::love::love::love::love:

You are full of great ideas!

-------------
We Europeans are crap at promoting ourselves! Like, the articles about American skaters (Chan, Lysacek, Weir...) are always full of "the best program ever" "most intricate" "top-shape" "best shape ever" "absolutely fit" "highly motivated" "fantastic preperation".

But we, we have to print the truth or even negative opinions. What's up with that?

Case in point, NZZ (most prestigious Swiss newspaper and oldest newspaper still in print in the entire World) writes about Lambiel's long program:
Doch es ist kein wirklich grosses Werk, keines das olympische Qualität hat.

translation said:
But it's not really a masterpiece, it doesn't have Olympic caliber.

How about some propaganda people?

Last edited:

seniorita

Record Breaker
blinkhpi.gif

Maybe Mathman can explain you the disadvantages of the L: angular momentum in human bodies

psycho

On the Ice
We Europeans are crap at promoting ourselves! Like, the articles about American skaters (Chan, Lysacek, Weir...) are always full of "the best program ever" "most intricate" "top-shape" "best shape ever" "absolutely fit" "highly motivated" "fantastic preperation".
Well at this point, Lysacek and Weir's hype is all self-generated because no one has seen their programs yet. ;)

And also, to be fair, I don't remember Lysacek or Weir ever skating this poorly as Lambiel did here (and I am looking at the actual programs here, not the marks because they are ridiculous).

But believe you me, if Weir and Lysacek came out and skated like that, Phill Hersh would get his typewriter out and the wrath of god would come down on their heads. ( Actually, Weir would probably get deported. Lysacek might get away with vast public humiliation and avoid deportation based on past achievements).

Chan is a whole other story. Don't get me started.

Medusa

Record Breaker
Apparently Stéphane isn't 100% sure if he is going to keep the LP. From here:
Son programme libre pourrait changer

Le Valaisan avait déjà offert des prestations sur du tango moderne lors de galas ces dernières saisons, un avantage certain au moment de présenter son programme libre à Oberstdorf. Mais le point fort de Lambiel a bel et bien été son «Guillaume Tell» de la veille. Il ne serait ainsi pas étonnant qu'il y ait du changement sur le libre. Ce ne serait par ailleurs pas la première fois.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Well at this point, Lysacek and Weir's hype is all self-generated because no one has seen their programs yet. ;)

And also, to be fair, I don't remember Lysacek or Weir ever skating this poorly as Lambiel did here (and I am looking at the actual programs here, not the marks because they are ridiculous).

But believe you me, if Weir and Lysacek came out and skated like that, Phill Hersh would get his typewriter out and the wrath of god would come down on their heads. ( Actually, Weir would probably get deported. Lysacek might get away with vast public humiliation and avoid deportation based on past achievements).

Chan is a whole other story. Don't get me started.

Your post cracks me up. :) (cleaning coffee off my keyboard)

shine

Record Breaker
Well, I definitely hope that doesn't happen. Before the debut of this program, I had doubts that team Lambiel could come up with another program that could out-do or at least be equally good as Poeta. They definitely did and this masterpiece of a program deserves to be performed on the Olympic ice!

shine

Record Breaker
Well, I definitely hope that doesn't happen. Before the debut of this program, I had doubts that team Lambiel could come up with another program that could out-do or at least be equally good as Poeta. They definitely didn't disappoint and this masterpiece of a program IMO deserves to be performed on the Olympic ice!

Alicja

On the Ice
I'm so happy that Joanna and Mateusz qualified a spot for Poland. :clap:

Anyone knows the criteria of the polish federation?

MissIzzy

Final Flight
I'm so happy that Joanna and Mateusz qualified a spot for Poland. :clap:

Anyone knows the criteria of the polish federation?

Apparently they aren't be enforced against the two singles skaters, so I doubt they will be here.:biggrin:

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Question: If a skater/nation earns a spot here, who does it go to? The skater himself/herself or the federation? So if, say, the North Korean skater got injured, could they send another one to the Olympics?