Nebelhorn Trophy | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Nebelhorn Trophy

seniorita

Record Breaker
I saw the LP, thanx for the link!
While it s super to see old stephan on ice, I m not sure if I liked it..music is flat, I dont know, I ll wait the sun to rise and see it again...but his steps and choreo I loved, and while i was not fan of his camel now I liked it, i ve missed him and the headless scratch:love:

SamuraiKike

Medalist
Question: If a skater/nation earns a spot here, who does it go to? The skater himself/herself or the federation? So if, say, the North Korean skater got injured, could they send another one to the Olympics?

Sadly the skaters only gain a spot for the federation, not for themselves. For instance Stefan LIndemann just qualified a spot for Germany but if let's say Peter Liebers has better results through the rest of the season and beats him at Nationals, the GER federation can send Liebers even though he didnt participate in the qualification event.

casken

On the Ice
May be a very little or others where that bad (i will only make my final decision after watching LP). But Lambiel got +3 GOE from all the judges on his combination spin during SP, I have to watch that spin couple of time because according to judges that is perfection itself

No it doesn't. It just means the judges felt he fulfilled at least 5 of 6 features that constitute of +3 GOE for a spin.

1. good control throughout (entry, rotation, change of foot, conclusion/exit)
2. good speed or acceleration during spin
3. balanced rotations (on different feet / in different positions or variations)
4. clearly more than required number of revolutions
5. superior position(s) (including air position in flying spins)
6. creativity and originality

Guidelines for marking +GOE

lakeshore

Match Penalty
Well. All their usual tricks, but this time to a monotonous, pseudo-epic piece of music.
Disenchanting.

I agree. It appears they've exhausted their arsenal of innovative tricks. Their programs were starting to get stale two seasons ago. Now, they're just business as usual since nobody is pushing them.
The same tricks, even the sequence of each key element is identical to last season. Savchenko's posture is to die for though.

Last edited:

enlight78

Medalist
I think lambiels long was better than his short. But it is far from a masteripiece. Personally I think it could use some more transitions and not just arm movements. Also I wish he would use his torso more especially in the footwork. He almost seems to come off as a little stiff.

None the less a great come back from sitting out a season,
the jumps and spins were really good.

Last edited:

gold12345

Medalist
Nebelhorn 2009 LP Savchenko Sholkovy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X72aK4yO75k

Thanks for posting this.

Ugh, what are they wearing. I don't like those colors mixed together, and they don't match. The music isn't bad (although without lyrics, I just don't like it as much as I wish I did). The program overall is okay for now, and I don't blame them for keeping the same sequence of elements as last year. It took them until the very end of last season to finally come up with an element order that actually could work for them (prior to that during the GP series they were struggling). I don't mind seeing that same order for one more year.

A 113 for this program is high considering all the mistakes and the fact that they did a double twist instead of a triple. Their death spiral, especially the second position, is highly unattractive, yet it got many +2s and the rest +1s. Yuck. But this competition in general seems to be scoring high, so I guess it's fine.

Last edited:

Shaba22

Final Flight
1. Sonia LAFUENTE (ESP) 91.20, 130.30
2. Nella SIMAOVA (CZE) 78.00, 119.60
3. Anastasia GIMAZETDINOVA (UZB) 79.85, 117.93
4. Cheltzie LEE (AUS) 70.80, 113.14
5. Chaochih LIU (TPE) 69.32, 111.04
6. Joshi HELGESSON (SWE) 74.45, 109.17
7. Manouk GIJSMAN (NED) 70.76, 108.04
8. Karina JOHNSON (DEN) 106.81
9. Eleonora VINNICHENKO (UKR) 70.43, 102.75
10. Ana Cecilia CANTU (MEX) 66.79, 102.63

Last two groups to go...

Last edited:

stirling

Spectator
not looking too good for Australia qualifying......

Thank you Shaba22 for keeping us up to date.

Last edited:

casken

On the Ice
Thanks for posting this.
Their death spiral, especially the second position, is highly unattractive, yet it got many +2s and the rest +1s. Yuck. But this competition in general seems to be scoring high, so I guess it's fine.

You only need to have one of the following for a +1 GOE. You need at least 3 for +2 GOE.

1. good flow in entry and exit
2. good control and speed in death spiral position
3. good quality of positions of both partners
4. no scratching by man or lady during all phases
5. superior speed during all phases
6. completely effortless from beginning to end

There's 3 they had right there. I'm sure doing a dance lift right into the death spiral also helped the GOE because they maintained good flow into the death spiral without having to do any extra crossovers to get speed for it. His transition from a spread eagle into the pivot was also pretty smooth.

If you wanted to, you could deduct -1 from the +2 GOE for the second position if you felt it was weak for a +1 GOE overall. That might be what the +1 judges did.

Lucky Star

Final Flight
Sarah HECKEN GER
3T-3T (underrotated)
2A
3S
2A+2T+seq
2A
42,19 + 40,96 = 83,.. (2)
130,73 (1)

Tamar KATZ ISR
1Lo
3L (touched the ice)
3F
3L (2 foot)-1T
2A-1T-2Lo
2A (fall)
2T
38,6 + 38,56 - 1 = 76,16 (5)
121,4 (3)

Elena GLEBOVA EST
3F (fall)
3Lo
3S-2T-2Lo
spiral sq (shaky)
3T-2T
3S
3T
2A-2T
42,07 + 42,24 - 1 = 83,31 (2)
129,33 (3)

Isabelle PIEMAN BEL
3T-2T
2F (2 foot)
2A-2T
3T (possibly UR)
3S
2F-2T-2Lo
1A (2 foot)
40,38 + 40 = 80,38 (4)
123,74 (4)

Last edited:

MissIzzy

Final Flight
I'm happy, that means that Lafuente almost got the Olympic spot for Spain, right? :clap:

Speaking in terms of Olympic contenders, it would be:

1. Lafuente
2. Pieman
3. Katz

with five to go, so I do believe she's locked!