Nebelhorn Trophy | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Nebelhorn Trophy

sigrid

On the Ice
yes buttercup I think your right :)

I think it's the first time in history that Spain will have 2 skaters in the OG :cool:

SamuraiKike

Medalist
YAY for la Fuente!!!:clap::clap:

Very sad for Katz, Didier (both) , Gizmo, Helgesson (both), Cheltzie.... soo many girls I enjoy wont be at the OG. Well, I guess Tamar Katz as 1st alternate is safe since Georgia most definetly won't use its second spot.

I never thought the SLO and BEL girls would make it but good for them..:agree:

Lucky Star

Final Flight
Wow! Girls from russian FS forum have videos with Czisny, Sebestyen and Glebova, so we can watch it soon :agree:

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I guess Tamar Katz as 1st alternate is safe since Georgia most definetly won't use its second spot.
Katz is unlikely to go - IIRC, she needs a top-10 finish at Euros in order to get sent by the Israeli Olympic Committee. The chances of that happening appear pretty small to me. Technically, even the Zaretskis have not yet met their criterion, though I can't imagine they'll end up not going.

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
I'm trying to figure out who qualified for the Olympics. Was Glebova already in? I seem to recall her doing pretty well at Worlds. if she is, then it should be Sebestyen, Postic, Ziegler, Liu, Lafuente, and Pieman. Is this right?

As I understand it, a skater does not win a spot at the Olympics .... her federation does. But I suppose the skater who won the spot will be the one that goes. Whom else would her federation send? I guess if there was an injury, somebody else would go.

Medusa

Record Breaker
Czisny won with two triple jumps :eek:, is that an ISU record?.

Yeah, they should have given it to Yan Liu, who is by all means a pretty skater, no Yu-Na Kim, but she has some lovely qualities. And she landed 6 Triples, with the only deduction being an "e" on the Flip. Her low levels, especially in the short program, are a big problem of course.

enlight78

Medalist
Yeah, they should have given it to Yan Liu, who is by all means a pretty skater, no Yu-Na Kim, but she has some lovely qualities. And she landed 6 Triples, with the only deduction being an "e" on the Flip. Her low levels, especially in the short program, are a big problem of course.

well yan liu did win the long; alissa finished 6th and 16 of the girls had a higher technical score than Alissa. She won purely on PCs. I agree with levels though; if she would have just have all level threes in the long she would have won overall and broke a 100

Last edited:

sfgirl

On the Ice
Thanks. I didn't realize that. Is there somewhere I can get the scores as the skaters complete their programs?

SamuraiKike

Medalist
Katz is unlikely to go - IIRC, she needs a top-10 finish at Euros in order to get sent by the Israeli Olympic Committee. The chances of that happening appear pretty small to me. Technically, even the Zaretskis have not yet met their criterion, though I can't imagine they'll end up not going.

I don't think the ISR federation will stick to their highly delutional criteria.:sheesh: I mean, the Zaretskis already were sent to Torino when they were nobodies in the international scene, why not now that they are world top 12-15 material. Katz situation is more difficult but Im remaining positive about her:yes:

And Czisny.. she won with only the 16th TES score on the LP:unsure: The PCs holding from the judges here has been insane!! I don't doubt Czisny with her lovely presentation should have been first in PCs but still winning an international senior competition with just 2 triples is nothing to write home about..:eek:hwell:

OH well, no one in the ladies broke the 100 mark so it says a lot about the quality of the event.

Last edited:

Lucky Star

Final Flight
6 Kira GEIL / Dmitri MATSJUK AUT
36,1 + 27,45 = 63,55 (4)
130,03 (3)

7 Isabella PAJARDI / Stefano CARUSO ITA
40,1 + 31,14 = 71,24 (1)
140,29 (1)

8 Caitlin MALLORY / Kristian RAND EST
40,8 + 32,89 = 73,69 (1)
143,49 (1)

9 Christina CHITWOOD / Mark HANRETTY GBR
40,5 + 31,64 = 72,14 (2)
146,22 (1)

10 Xintong HUANG / Xun ZHENG CHN
41,9 + ... = ...
149,85 (1)

11 Lucie MYSLIVECKOVA / Matej NOVAK CZE
40,1 + 33, 88 = 73,98 (2)
148,47 (2)

12 Nora HOFFMANN / Maxim ZAVOZIN HUN
39,4 + 34,99 = 74,39 (2)
148,43 (3)

Lucky Star

Final Flight
13 Ekaterina RIAZANOVA / Ilia TKACHENKO RUS
Master and Magarita (soundtrack)
42,3 + 37,03 = 79,33 (1)
158,88 (1)

Lucky Star

Final Flight
14 Meryl DAVIS / Charlie WHITE USA
Phantom of the Opera
Good speed and clean
49 + 51,76 = 100,76

MissIzzy

Final Flight
Can we find out who Geil and Matsjuk dropped behind? Was it Reed and Japaridze or Kolbe and Rabe? It could make a difference in the Olympic berths(or possibly not; it's uncertain right now whether Austria will send anybody, since they can't send Geil and Matsjuk)
Otherwise, with none of the final flight in that contest, it looks like it's China, the Czech Republic, Hungary, and Estonia

Lucky Star

Final Flight
Can we find out who Geil and Matsjuk dropped behind? Was it Reed and Japaridze or Kolbe and Rabe? It could make a difference in the Olympic berths(or possibly not; it's uncertain right now whether Austria will send anybody, since they can't send Geil and Matsjuk)
Otherwise, with none of the final flight in that contest, it looks like it's China, the Czech Republic, Hungary, and Estonia

I didn't find anything about first warm-up (((

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I don't think the ISR federation will stick to their highly delutional criteria.:sheesh: I mean, the Zaretskis already were sent to Torino when they were nobodies in the international scene, why not now that they are world top 12-15 material. Katz situation is more difficult but Im remaining positive about her:yes:
The Zaretskis had done pretty well as juniors and sending them to Torino was probably viewed as an investment towards the future; many countries have more lenient criteria for young athletes. I agree that there's no way they'll be left at home this time, mostly because there's really nobody else to send. Katz is in her twenties and while she's not bad by any means, her outlook isn't as positive as Z/Z's was four seasons ago. I doubt she'll get to go.

OH well, no one in the ladies broke the 100 mark so it says a lot about the quality of the event.
The ladies who just missed out on qualifying must be kicking themselves, they could have done it easily. And poor Candice Didier, if she'd not been injured, I'm sure she could have gotten a spot for France.

14 Meryl DAVIS / Charlie WHITE USA
Phantom of the Opera
Good speed and clean
49 + 51,76 = 100,76
Tell me they've done something to improve that program and justify that score. Or is it just because they're the top team on hand?

Lucky Star

Final Flight
Tell me they've done something to improve that program and justify that score. Or is it just because they're the top team on hand?

Don't know, but Alyona from russian forum says that they had the best speed and did everything clean, really fast spin and twizzles... Anyway, I'm almost sure that we can watch it soon on youtube ))

Last edited: