Nebelhorn Trophy | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Nebelhorn Trophy

SamuraiKike

Medalist
There was an internal qualification two or three weeks ago for the Nebelhorn spot and Reitmayer beat Macypura. Both made some mistakes in SP and Macypura was leading by less then a point, but made again mistakes in LP while Reitmayer skated LP of his life, so Reitmayer is going. I just hope that he'll do better then in Poland.

Ohh, thanks a lot for that info Ivana:thumbsup: . Damn, I guess that's fair enough but it sucks for Macypura, I was really rooting for him to get a spot. I like Reitmayer too but I think is not his time right now..
Just one Question :
If let's say Peter gets a spot, does he automatically goes to Vancouver or will there be another skate off, competition, criteria, etc to determine who skates at the Olympics??

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Joshi Helgesson, the younger sister, will represent Sweden. She says she is very happy to go and not as nervous as she thought she would be. Good luck to her. :thumbsup:

The best 7(if GEO doesn't send 2) ladies of around 30 get an olympic spot for their country. Ladies' SP starts 8.00 :eek: friday sept 25.

All draws are wednesday 9.30-12.30 sept 23.

Who can watch these crucial competitions with so many great skaters? What with that french TV station...german TV...russian TV? I am sure anyone who can follow will keep us informed. ;) :yes:

This is helpful. Thanks to whoever made it.

Ivana

On the Ice
Just one Question :
If let's say Peter gets a spot, does he automatically goes to Vancouver or will there be another skate off, competition, criteria, etc to determine who skates at the Olympics??
I haven't found any official information regarding the nomination criteria for Olympics on the Federation site, but then again they did not inform about this skate off either. :disagree: The article that was referring to this qualification for Nebelhorn made it sound that he will automatically go to Olympics if he qualifies a spot.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Any Updates on Fedor Andreev, will he compete?
Jenny Kirk posted some bad news a few hours ago: the paperwork was not completed in time. Andreev and Forte are out.

Fedor says he's still hoping to skate at Euros and Worlds. I guess it's not as good as the Olympics, but he never had the chance to do either so it's something to shoot for, too.

SamuraiKike

Medalist
Uh?? Andreev is on the entries list AND on the SP starting order, sooo what gives?? Please tell me he's in Germany right now..

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Uh?? Andreev is on the entries list AND on the SP starting order, sooo what gives?? Please tell me he's in Germany right now..
That really is weird, because according to Kirk, Andreev is in Michigan, and I see he is still listed as TBC on his ISU profile. I'm not going to get my hopes up on this one.

ETA: An IN story on Andreev's situation. Looks like we'll find out who skater number 4 will be tomorrow. Joelle Forte is definitely not skating.

Last edited:

GiuliaPlum

On the Ice
As far as we know, a German channel, MDR, will show something of Savchenko/Szolkowy on Friday. I read in an Italian board that the entire competition will be aired on a German channel, don't know which and when. I guess we must wait for youtube-self-made as usual.

Alicja

On the Ice
The Nebelhorn page says that three channels have announced to televise some of the competition NDR and BR, two german channels, and "a french channel" whichever that might be. I couldn't find anything on the respective homepages but maybe there's still hope

Buttercup

Record Breaker
CD results are up (I used the tango romantica link). D/W are over five points ahead of everyone else at 37.62, Z/Z are second with 32.34, less than a point ahead of R/T for Russia.

For anyone not aware of it, Andreev is definitely out as per his twitter update. He does have a cool new website, and will hopefully have some good results to post on it soon.

MissIzzy

Final Flight
The good news is, IceNetwork is giving us news. The bad news is, that news is bad!
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090924&content_id=7131106&vkey=ice_news

:cry::cry: Heartbroken for O'Brian and Merriman. With Geil and Matsjuk confirming she won't get citizenship and they're competing just for the Senior B experience, I think that leaves about six couples for five spots. Two more withdrawals/citizenship issues and Vancouver won't even have a full field!(Which would be the perfect excuse to cut the field down in Sochi...:frown:
For our Olympic contenders, they're saying only that Hoffman and Zavozin lead, right behind the medal contenders. No surprise there.