ICE ALL STARS 2009 (Seoul, Korea) | Page 3 | Golden Skate

ICE ALL STARS 2009 (Seoul, Korea)

efreedman

On the Ice
Just curious, looking at the cast, everyone except Adam is truely star on ice, with at least a World Champion under their belt. I know Adam is cute, and good, but any other reason beyond that?

I was in Korea for Festa On Ice and was there to witness the response of the Korean audience the first time Adam's face flashed up on the Jumbotrons. There was a collective gasp from the entire audience; a star was born that evening. He also skated very well during the three performances. By the third night, he was a recognized star, hence the invitations to Japan in July and this show in August.

He is incredibly popular there and has a very large following. Read (by all and especially the event promoters): Extremely bankable.

hongligl

Final Flight
I was in Korea for Festa On Ice and was there to witness the response of the Korean audience the first time Adam's face flashed up on the Jumbotrons. There was a collective gasp from the entire audience; a star was born that evening. He also skated very well during the three performances. By the third night, he was a recognized star, hence the invitations to Japan in July and this show in August.

He is incredibly popular there and has a very large following. Read (by all and especially the event promoters): Extremely bankable.

Thanks for the explanation. So the look does count a lot, even for man:). I adore Adam too:) He and Yu Na look great togather.

Medusa

Record Breaker
I can't believe I am watching it live! I love Figure Skating Popularity in Asia.

EDIT: Shizuka was amazing. Now Aljona and Robin.

Daniel5555

On the Ice
Medusa
I watched it live too :)
What can I say... Shortly, it was really great show! Kwan and Yuna were so good, that I have no words to describe them. Others were amazing too and everyone had good programs and solid performances.

I liked very much what Kwan said to the audience. She said a lot of good words about Yuna and that she is her friend.

So I was having a lot of emotions watching this and it was all great.

Medusa

Record Breaker
I liked very much what Kwan said to the audience. She said a lot of good words about Yuna and that she is her friend.
My experience is that some Americans use the word "friend" very loosely. How can you be friends with someone who you have met less than 5 times? Maybe they are pen friends or are on the phone with each other every week for several hours and nobody knows about it.

skfan

Final Flight
My experience is that some Americans use the word "friend" very loosely. How can you be friends with someone who you have met less than 5 times? Maybe they are pen friends or are on the phone with each other every week for several hours and nobody knows about it.

or, another interpretation could be, michelle is saying 'we're friends', as in: i like you, i like what i've gotten to know of you. the point is: i'm not 'above' you as an idol, you're already a great champion--it's a sign of respect for yuna in her home country where yuna is revered.

at least that's how i see it.

Last edited:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
or, another interpretation could be, michelle is saying 'we're friends', as in: i like you, i like what i've gotten to know of you. the point is: i'm not 'above' you as an idol, you're already a great champion--it's a sign of respect for yuna in her home country where yuna is revered.

:clap::clap:

dkyoun

Rinkside
Such a great show!! It was..

When Kwan was introduced, the loof of the arena was near to be blown away!
Carmina Burana_mix vers with a chamber orchestra was.. what can I say...
It was a sensation.... I just opened my mouth... especially the spiral with full extension..
And it was real fit with the orchestra. So dramatic and magnificent! :thumbsup:

Kulik's numbers were so amazing.. His TEA-TIME 3-Axel, MATRIX Ina Bauer and FLY-HIGH cartwheel made audience give an exclamation of joy.

Yu-Na's historic "Danse Macabre" with the orchestra was not preferable for me..
It must be strong but were not .. and ending was Hmmm..
"Don't stop the music" was WOW... it was the peak of the show. Everybody loved it.:laugh:
(When Kwan introduced Yu-Na to the audience, it was real touching.. Everybody did understand Kwan's easy english.... and Yes, Korea's own Yu-Na Kim!

> Takahashi Daisuke was shown at the VIP stand and some fans took pictures with him. He looked fine and cut his hair close.
> There was no problem at all with the orchestra or the sound in the arena, but SBS's video clip has a different sound.. What the deuce..?
> There must be better vids sooner or latter I will let you know !

Last edited:

evangeline

Record Breaker
A congratulations to the people behind Ice All Stars for putting on such a fantastic show! All the skaters were very enjoyable to watch; I can only envy the Koreans who had a chance to attend such a show live.

Medusa

Record Breaker

Pfff... I have no understanding for the finer points of diplomacy.

dkyoun

Rinkside
The 2nd day, every skaters did clean his/her numbers!
Except Lambiel (made a mistake during the step sequence but no problem at all)
and Arakawa shizuka (She did really good with her YRMU but not Candy man.)

Anyway.. It was really good show I'd ever seen before...

Yu-Na did her 3F-3T(or 2T) !.... It was really gorgeous !!!
Everybody in the arena was thrilled with her existence.

Unbelievable !!! Kwan also cleaned her programs..... as she did it before!!

Daniel5555

On the Ice
Medusa
I have no idea. I can't know whether they are real friends or not, so I didn't think about it, I just thought that it was very warm moment.

MKFSfan

Medalist
There's no required meetings between people to be "friends!" I can think of people I see infrequently, that I only see at competitions, but I like them, look forward to seeing them and maybe drop them an email or facebook message at times. I consider them my friends even if we don't chat daily or meet up for drinks. I think the term "friends" can be very broad, and there is room for many types of relationships.

That said, I am enjoying the apparent friendship between Michelle and Yu-Na. Yu-Na has mentioned several times she has idolized Michelle. Michelle spoke pretty highly of Yu-Na during Worlds. In the many taped sessions leading up to the show, both looked comfortable and happy in each others presence.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
^^^Thanks for the videos. Excellent quality. YuNa skated beautifully in Moonlight Sonata.

MKFSfan

Medalist
Thanks for sharing! I wonder why Michelle had such a brief part in MS yet was front and center at the end. Would have loved to see her skate more!

hongligl

Final Flight
OK, watched all the vedios. Thanks for uploading!

Love Moonlight Sonata but with a bit of regret. Yu-Ya was like a goddess and everybody was in the mood except Michelle, sorry, have to admit it. dreamy and gentle vs. elated and powerful. Don't get me wrong, Michelle skated beautifully but just did not match the mood of the music.

Like Stephane clean shaved! He looks like him again. Love everything he did in the show!

Shae-Lynn's tango number was just brilliant! I went to find a complete version of the program and she's so talented, beautiful, graceful and such a good actress.

S/Z were as great as ever, and stepped out of their comfortable zone still comfortable:)

S/S' s SP looks OK but nothing specteclar. She looked cute and sweet though.

Ilia Kulik did great a great job with both programs. Enjoyed it very much.

Michelle looks in great shape and still gets the wow factor. Good for her!

Adam deserves to be in the show. He's 3A-3T (?) was great! and he was simply adorable!

Last edited: