Noisey Neighbours Still Problem | Golden Skate

Noisey Neighbours Still Problem

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Noisy Neighbours Still Problem

I am still having trouble with the neighbours that live below my suite. I have put in several complaints with management, but nothing seems to happen.

They had a party on Friday night and woke me up at 3:00 am. I phoned the management and put in a formal complaint. They talk ( or more like yell) at the talk of their lungs as well! I can hear them. It is very annoying.

I am hoping to get out of this apt. complex soon, but at the moment have to put up with things. It's very hard on my nerves.

Last edited:

JOHIO2

Medalist
Hi Lad,

Sorry to hear that your noisy neighbors are still at it. Plus your rent is going UP? YUCK! I hate feeling trapped like that. Here's hoping something good turns up soon. I think your number for good stuff should be coming up!

The neighbor that stressed ME out, for over a year, complaining that I was noisy moved. My new neighbor plays loud music, but never at night. And he asks me if it's too loud! Makes my building so much more livable not having all that stress from a neighbor who complains about little things.

If I had been loudly arguing like your neighbors and playing loud music and having parties at 3am, I could understand a neighbor complaining. But that neighbor from hell had the nerve to call the police because my cat used her litterbox and sharpened her claws and found something to bat at at 3am. Mind you, all this took maybe 2 minutes and just how loud do you think a 6 pound cat is? It's not as if she was younger and played longer or was bigger or had noisy toys (who knows what she knocked over at 3am). Try having THAT conversation with the guys in blue at 3am!

I live near a main drag that divides 2 big cities (read 2 of everything - 2 PD's 2FD's 2 EMS, 2 street cleaners, garbage pickups, etc.etc.). As a main drag, all trucks are here and you wouldn't believe how many of them there are at night. My street has 2 24hr drugstores, 2 grocery stores, and 3 24hr restaurants and all the major junk food emporiums. I live next to an oil change place. They have trucks pumping stuff in and out of their tanks at all hours. I figure my squeaky floor should have been the least of the neighbor from hell's worries.

Seriously, how I live thru all that noise (and the last place I lived was right next to the train tracks--oops, forgot that I still live between two rail lines - just not next to one anymore) is not paying attention to the normal noises. Jackhammers might wake me up, but since our street has been under a 3 yr water, sewer and street project, jackhammers are not now a weekly occurrence. I found that the white noise of a fan helped cover up the lesser noises.

Wish I had a trick that would let you ignore those idiots. Wish I could also make them move. But if I had that power, there are still some people in this neighborhood I'd wish gone first!

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
Lad-
I would record all of their noise and then when they are trying to sleep play it really loud for them, then they can see just how loud they really are.

Ladskater

Record Breaker
JOHIO2:

Wow! That was some neighbour. A cat would not bother me. Anyway, thanks for sharing. I am hoping soon to "get out of Dodge."

JOHIO2

Medalist
Lad,

Seriously, I am with dlkksk8fan -- keep score! List when and what is happening. Keep a log. Get a tape recorder and record them. It won't tell just HOW noisy they actually were at the time, but it will show that YOU could not only hear them, you could record them!

I forgot the details -- are you the only neighbor near enough to get bothered? If not, maybe it's time for meeting neighbors and standing up together.

None of this might work, but it will sure do you good! You can record all your frustrations with this problem and maybe make new friends to commiserate with and just be friends with! Since right now you are stuck, find that way to make lemonade!

Best wishes for a good nights sleep.....

Ladskater

Record Breaker
JOHIO2:

Thanks for the suggestions. I actually do have a video recording taken when they were at their worst. They have toned down somewhat since then, but I don't feel comfortable here anymore.

I am always on edge and waiting for the next disturbance. I can always here them talking or shouting. The suites face the parking lot, so they shout at their friends when they come or even honk their horn.

I am trying to cope as best I can, but most of the time I just feel uneasy. I try to get away as much as possible and of course, I do work.

Tonight the weather was just too awful to go anywhere. The police want us to stay off the road.

I hope I sleep tonight. Thanks for the suggestions and for caring.

Ladskater

Record Breaker
Once again my noisy neighbours woke me up at 3:00 am. I reported it to the security and also wrote a letter to management. I am really getting tired of this. Either they have to move or I will. I am not a "happy camper.":mad:

Yazmeen

On the Ice
Lad, I totally sympathize.

We live next door to FIVE Jack Russell Terriers (we call them the Jack Russell Terrorists). They are the fuzzy kind, bred for racing, and are very high strung. Now we live on more than an acre in a newer development (our house is 11 years old) and for all the time we've been here, if the main dog even sees us THROUGH OUR KITCHEN WINDOW he goes into a barking frenzy. We don't even have to be outside. Luckily, the really hyper pair is aging and its not so bad. The funny thing is we've gotten so used to them we hardly hear the barking anymore. It is annoying, however, early on warm weekends when Dad's out there putting the little darlings through their paces...:\

Ladskater

Record Breaker
My complaints to management seem to be "falling on deaf ears." I have done what they told me to do. It looks like the management company is not going to do a darn thing - so the only thing I can do is move!

I am waiting to hear some good news pretty soon and who knows I may end up buying a place! I want to get out of here for good!