Kwan's new programs from Ice Stars 2009 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Kwan's new programs from Ice Stars 2009

heyang

Record Breaker
What I absolutely appreciated was the 'sureness' of every movement. I've missed seeing that steadiness and maturity.

MKFSfan

Medalist
Wow...Michelle blew me away and her 2nd program left me in tears...OK, I admit, the 1st time I saw her on ice, spiraling by Yu-Na, I teared up! I miss that and I miss her! I adore Yu-Na, but whenever the two were on the ice, I was drawn to Michelle, her movements and edges and fluidity and just her presence are amazing. I really hope she'll continue to tour!!!

amateur

Final Flight
I really really liked that Carmina Burana SP - you can tell she would have to work to get her fitness level up if she were competing, but I think that had the makings of a really effective SP. A slight departure from her normal style, but completely suitable for "bold and mature comeback".

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Those were amazing. Thanks for sharing. Her Charlotte stop never had such sharp extension before................42

Penny

On the Ice
It seems all Carmen Burana lacked was a jump combination and leg changes added to the spiral (to spoil it) to be SP competition worthy? Am I wrong? Were the spins COP worthy? It was so musical--the start of the spiral, the footwork--nothing excessive, and the look of joy on her face. Oh please, young skaters, watch this.

a delight to behold

I was so thrilled to see how solidly Michelle is skating! Her radiant, silken quality has not deserted her. However, I'm a bit relieved that she's decided against competing. Why should she subject herself to all the petty constraints of CoP skating? She has a new life that's full of satisfaction. She's going to grad school and travels for the State Department. She doesn't need judges ordering her around, grading the rotation of her jumps and telling her how many times she should adjust her spiral to make it a Level 3. I hope she does continue to skate, but as a performer, not a competitor. (In the best of all possible worlds, she'd skate to Lori Nichol choreography, but I understand that life doesn't always work that way!) Thanks to whoever put those routines up on YouTube! What a treat to get to see them.

christinaskater

Medalist
Michelle was simply exquisite!

Just to see her skating once more really makes the world so much more happy and with so much more meaning and beauty!

She has the personality on the ice that really draws you , she really has her heart on her sleeve and it's so radiant and beautiful and it really draws you like a magnet to her.

She is a gift for the whole world! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I think MK can skate once more in competition if she would want, right now time is scarce to prepare for the Olys, I believe the number of triples that she did before is not yet up to the level it was before. MK is a perfectionist and she would not risk coming back if she is not up to the level that she knows she has been known to do. But i think with more practice and determination, she can come back!

But to a huge fan, who considers her the greatest figure skater with or without an Olympic gold medal, to see her skate once more is enough!

She looks so happy to skate again! She lives for this!

Wicked

Final Flight
Carmina Burana is not music that I would have associated with Michelle. I thought she did a great program to it. I liked it just as much as Winter.

~tapdancer

On the Ice
I loved both so much! I got the familiar lump in my throat especially watching Carmina Burana. If this was her planned short program, it would have blown the roof off the house had she been in top form back then.

I agree though that it was a wise decision not to return if she doesn't have all her jumps and combos. With CoP, it's just too competitive now. But she does have the PCS! Wow. She's still so amazing and beautiful out there. Just the way she moves on the ice, her spirals and spread eagles just make me want to cry, the are so lovely.

I feel so lucky to get to see these programs. What a thrill it would have been to be there live! Thank you, Michelle, for everything!