Watch the JGP from Lake Placid - FREE! | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Watch the JGP from Lake Placid - FREE!

beep_beep

Medalist
I just looked at the pairs FS scoring sheets, and it looks like Kaleigh Hole/ Adam Jhonson skated clean with a sbs 3S jump. I'm not great at reading these, so can someone tell me if that is in fact what happened? I didn't get to watch their performance.
Yes, they landed sbs 3S. Rather good ones for that matter. (I saw that the russians did it too, I don't know if other were attempted)

oleada

Record Breaker
Yes, they landed sbs 3S. Rather good ones for that matter. (I saw that the russians did it too, I don't know if other were attempted)

The Russians had their 3S downgraded, but were credited with their 3T+2A sequence

beep_beep

Medalist
Silete did a good job.

Starking costume for the Swiss girl.
Go, Sheveleva! (Am I the only one watching this??)

Is that Oleg Protopopov taking pictures ?:p

Last edited:

bekalc

Record Breaker
Sheveleva is soo cute. As for her future, the only problem for her is the talent coming out the Russian ranks. But it's going to be interesting.

Is that Oleg Protopopov taking pictures ?

Yes, too cute huh?

kalle

On the Ice
Wow, I really liked Olsson's performance, too bad about the 2A but her triples looked pretty good.Did she not do 6 of them? :)

bekalc

Record Breaker
Russian nationals will be the event to watch in the next couple of years.

Yep. I think it's safe to say they have some depth in their kids. At least a few will make it. For Sheveleva, I've been thinking if it gets to much to make it on the singles scene she could maybe try pairs. I mean she is very very tiny and her jumps are so solid which is helpful. Who knows though I'm not saying she should give up singles now, but it's definetly a thought.

oleada

Record Breaker
The competition for the 3 JW spots will be interesting. Shelepen, Agafonova, Makarova, Ovcharova & Sheveleva seem like the frontrunners at this point.

bekalc

Record Breaker
The competition for the 3 JW spots will be interesting. Shelepen, Agafonova, Makarova, Ovcharova & Sheveleva seem like the frontrunners at this point.

I think that Shelepen right now has the spot locked. If I were to guess it would be

Shelepen
Makarova
Agafonova

The only issue is if they want Makarova at the Olympics and worlds that's an awful lot of competitions.

I like Makarova better than Leonova. She's much more polished and not as messy.

Last edited:

bekalc

Record Breaker
So will Makarova take the bronze? really good!

We will have to see what the others do but if Firth places ahead of her again. I'll be mad. The Phantom which we will soon to be tired of after this season.

Last edited: